New 3AD2 District 8

Wild74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Troup. Waskom is about 76 miles and Elysian Fields is about 72. Hope they are not both away games. Lol. But it beats when my son was in Jr High. We played Hooks. 2.5 hrs away on a Thursday night! This is a brand new district for us. Having only played West Rusk and Arp in the recent past...

Waskom was in Troups district in years past but has been awhile....Just a little history Troup beat Waskom 28-3 in 1973 in the first round of the playoffs and Troup went on to win the State Championship. I remember Troup had the Tillmen boys....

I'm surprised Garrison was left out?

Looks like Garrison will be traveling quite a bit either way they went ... north or south. With all of the closer schools we used to be aligned with Timpson, Alto, San Augustine, Shelbyville, etc dropping in classification the past few realignments, we are kind of out there by ourselves at the present time.

Poor Garrison I think they ended up in the district with Newton and Camden

We used to play Newton several years ago they have always been tough. I don't ever remember Garrison beating them. I remember Newton beating Nacogdoches several years in a row back in the 90s. We have played Corrigan Camden a lot over the years and have usually matched up pretty well with them. We also have played Center several times a few years back and I believe we won the last 2 or three times we played. Newton is going to be a handful in 3A Div II. Maybe the top team in the state. I don't think Crockett will be much of a slouch either .....

We used to play Newton several years ago they have always been tough. I don't ever remember Garrison beating them. I remember Newton beating Nacogdoches several years in a row back in the 90s. We have played Corrigan Camden a lot over the years and have usually matched up pretty well with them. We also have played Center several times a few years back and I believe we won the last 2 or three times we played. Newton is going to be a handful in 3A Div II. Maybe the top team in the state. I don't think Crockett will be much of a slouch either .....

I wonder what the deal is with Crockett? Is everybody leaving town? They sure have dropped over the years.

lord knows yall will need more than 3 to work things out, atleast the head coach is in place this year before 2 a days

Yep, but we did have Head Coach in place before school was out last year and all assistant coaches were hired well before 2 a days started.

Arp 7-5

E.F. 3-7

New Diana 7-4

Frankkston 4-7

West Rusk 2-8

Troup 6-5

Winona 4-6

Waskom 14-1

I put last years records by each team. I know Waskom has a lot returning (all skill guys). I think Arp has a lot of skill returning. Someone said Frankston has a lot returning. EF lost quiet a few starters, and I dont know about the other teams. IMO Waskom has to be front runner followed by Troup and Arp.

I'm from Troup. Waskom is about 76 miles and Elysian Fields is about 72. Hope they are not both away games. Lol. But it beats when my son was in Jr High. We played Hooks. 2.5 hrs away on a Thursday night! This is a brand new district for us. Having only played West Rusk and Arp in the recent past...

What does Troup have returning I know about the QB already?

That would make since YJ89., but are you sure it's West Sabine and not just Sabine?

That's what I was text but could be just Sabine!

Winona will be young but improved I believe over last years team. They are a year away from being a contender in that district

I think EF is too but could challenge for the 4th spot IMO!