New 3AD2 District 8

Wild74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just being realistic SJ but like Wild said who knows what might happen in Ford's 2nd yr with these guys but I'm thinking 4th right now!

Im with ya, at this point in the year no reason to think we could'nt compete for a playoff spot in this district. Coach Ford will have had plenty of time to implement his program. I'm ready to see what he can do.

Im with ya, at this point in the year no reason to think we could'nt compete for a playoff spot in this district. Coach Ford will have had plenty of time to implement his program. I'm ready to see what he can do.

And I'm only saying that because EF is still so very young and loaded with talent coming and still IMO need one more yr to develope!

What does Troup have returning I know about the QB already?

Truthfully, I am not too sure. I think about 14. We have kept a few in the skill positions. The QB, Marcus Kincaid, Marquis Davis are really good players and are difficult to stop on the run. We lost our receivers but we have guys that played on JV the last few years that are very quick and, I think, will ease into that position on Varsity seamlessly. Our lineman, Tristan Walston, will be greatly missed along with Hitachi Lydia and Brandon Hearon. Having come from a district with 6 teams in it, it didn't occur to me that we'll only get 3 games before district starts! I don't think I like that either. Like was previously stated, it doesn't give you a chance to pick opponents to work on specific areas of your game but I am excited about being in this district and am looking forward for it to begin. I am only familiar with West Rusk and Arp but obviously have heard a great deal about Waskom and anticipate that game. I think Arp will be better than they were last year. I still think that Troup will land a playoff spot.

Truthfully, I am not too sure. I think about 14. We have kept a few in the skill positions. The QB, Marcus Kincaid, Marquis Davis are really good players and are difficult to stop on the run. We lost our receivers but we have guys that played on JV the last few years that are very quick and, I think, will ease into that position on Varsity seamlessly. Our lineman, Tristan Walston, will be greatly missed along with Hitachi Lydia and Brandon Hearon. Having come from a district with 6 teams in it, it didn't occur to me that we'll only get 3 games before district starts! I don't think I like that either. Like was previously stated, it doesn't give you a chance to pick opponents to work on specific areas of your game but I am excited about being in this district and am looking forward for it to begin. I am only familiar with West Rusk and Arp but obviously have heard a great deal about Waskom and anticipate that game. I think Arp will be better than they were last year. I still think that Troup will land a playoff spot.

Good post, and I agree, with ya'lls coach you will always be a contender for a playoff spot. We have played against DA many times in the past (kids anyway, not present coaching staff) when he was at Harleton, and we have played Troup many times in the past.

Gotya, looked them up, they were in 1A Div.1 last year and will be 2A Div. 1 this year. They had a 10-1 record in 2013. They are in Pineland Tx. south of San Augustine, looks like about 1.5 to 2 hr drive.

Mineola and West Sabine I like the new teams some new blood I can't remember ever playing against them!

ND will play Jefferson, Tyler Grace, and Garrison in pre-district. They return 7 off and 6 def starters.

1. Waskom

2. ND

3. Arp

4. Troup

Waskom should win district as long as they are not bit HARD by the injury bug. I think ND and Arp are a coin flip at 2 and 3. Troop will compete well and should take the 4th spot. EF has the ability to jump in the mix and grab a playoff spot.

ND will play Jefferson, Tyler Grace, and Garrison in pre-district. They return 7 off and 6 def starters.

1. Waskom

2. ND

3. Arp

4. Troup

Waskom should win district as long as they are not bit HARD by the injury bug. I think ND and Arp are a coin flip at 2 and 3. Troop will compete well and should take the 4th spot. EF has the ability to jump in the mix and grab a playoff spot.

Pretty sure Frankston brings back 10 on offense and 7 on defense, love how no one gives them a chance, we shall see!

Waskom wont have ef for homecoming. Thats ignorant because thats ur 2 money making games with packed houses. Why have them on the same night, yeah it sounds good but why shoot yourself in the foot. When u can pack the house twice.

They have Troup, Arp, West Rusk at home I have no clue how they will do homecoming I just know how it was done on the road, when Waskom showed up we where the homecoming game.