3A D2 Dist 7 Football

Horns85

I dont know what to expect from Hooks. They only lost 5 seniors and only 2 were significant. They return alot, but can they take the next step. I believe they are good enough to compete with HS and PP for the top 2 spots, but you never know. I expect them to beat DeKalb, LK, and Queen City... But that didnt happen last year

Hooks may surprise some people, not to be underestimated. that's what causes tweams a loss. I'm a bull fan. seen Hooks and Pewitt play several games.over the years, need to take hornets serious, as well as all of the district. this district has old rivalries. any one can take top spot. we'll see in the fall

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Horns I'm jealous, ya"ll got a six team district and we're stuck in a eight team again....lol. Looks like a good district for ya'll this year, HS and PP should contend for champ.

Yea, still shaking my head on why New Diana wasn't with us, seems like a good district! Your right, most anytime HS and PP play it's a good game

Now that's funny right there, don't care who ya are!

I think DK could move up in the ranking, depending on a couple factors. The athletes and talent is there.....

I think DK could move up in the ranking, depending on a couple factors. The athletes and talent is there.....

Man Horns I'm jealous, ya"ll got a six team district and we're stuck in a eight team again....lol. Looks like a good district for ya'll this year, HS and PP should contend for champ.

We have 6, y'all 8.

Just would've been too easy to leave ND with us, & we'd both have 7.

And the UIL wonders why people look at 'em funny & cuss! >};-D~

I expect QC or DeKalb to be at the three spot. Like I said earlier Hooks really has to do something to change my mind. You guys better be ready Pewitt is going to be NASTY this next year.

I wont argue with the fact Hooks has to prove themselves before they can change you mind. They have to prove themselves to change my mind and I am a homer. They return 8 starters on each side of the ball, so I am hoping that they can make a step forward this year. But we will have to wait and see.

Speed will be the biggest asset that hooks has that no one else in the district will be able to compete with. But can they learn to use that speed to their advantage????

Some coaches complain about having an open date during district.........Some especially don't like having a week 10 open date(yes, some like it)........Maybe the UIL was taking these coaches in mind by making both districts "even team" districts.

I expect QC or DeKalb to be at the three spot. Like I said earlier Hooks really has to do something to change my mind. You guys better be ready Pewitt is going to be NASTY this next year.

Daingerfield just picked up a transfer from pewitt. be a sophomore when school starts. QB

Clarksville, Arp, Waskom, Jefferson, Spring Hill

Scrimmage White Oak and New Boston

Looks like a good non district. two real tough scrimmages.

I'm sure some people will still think that is too weak of a schedule....no one in particular...cough cough Lombardi cough cough

Havent heard anything about Hooks non district schedule. They will have to find at least 3, but prob 4 new non district games, because HS, LK, and Dekalb have all been on their schedule the last several years. I figure we will keep Waskom and Clarksville as scrimmages and keep Jefferson as their other non district game, but havin one less team in district will prob cause them to find 4 games.

Teams I would Like to see them play in non district.

Mount Vernon

Pleasant Grove

Redwater

Then prob add either Rivercrest, Pairs Chisum, Prairland, Maud, or New Diana

• 3 months later...