3A D2 Dist 7 Football

Horns85

Well JJ it's my boy's Sr. year. I believe in them. All I know is that we are going to have two games against Arp and Waskom this year each. Going to be some big time ballgames. I know you are still shaking your head on why we threw a pass with the game won. I know I am.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well JJ it's my boy's Sr. year. I believe in them. All I know is that we are going to have two games against Arp and Waskom this year each. Going to be some big time ballgames. I know you are still shaking your head on why we threw a pass with the game won. I know I am.

I was listening on the radio and wondering the same thing.

And if it would have hit for a td y'all would allbe talking about how great of a call it was how the defense was sucked it by the play action and how your coaching staff set them up perfectly

but you know so well how it goes when it works great call but when it don't and the game is on the line. :lol:

And if it would have hit for a td y'all would allbe talking about how great of a call it was how the defense was sucked it by the play action and how your coaching staff set them up perfectly

No coach, it is called game management. We were ahead and all we had to do is run the clock. It was raining, they had no timeouts. Why help them and throw passes? Bad call. Even the coach admitted it afterwards.

Only bad thing about a run oriented offense is, come playoff time, especially deep in the playoffs, you HAVE to be able to throw the ball, if all you do is run, and there is no threat to pass, its a handicap at some point....

I do agree that with this particular senario, they didn't need to pass, just run out the clock....

Gassed my butt! Bad call nothing more nothing less. Nothing to gain by throwing the ball. Run it! That's what we do

and you couldn't gain by running it either. Lol y'all trying to play it off like we were lucky lol that's like me saying well hell if our 2 TDS hadn't been called back the game wouldn't been even in question.

Who is going to be the QB for Dekalb this year and has anyone heard what type of O are they going with?

looks like Colt booth, last years QB. and a sophomore gavin flowers could get some playing time too. this is not official..

We just got upgrades, brought in lots of dirt to level field and resoded it, redone track, built a new restroom on home side so the field house/weight room could be expanded and a few other upgrades

How 'bout the new "Corny Dog" Stand on the Visitors side?

• 2 weeks later...

looks like the Dekalb bears are starting off 2 days with about 45 to 50 kids, based on early reports. looks to be very promising year under new leadership for the Bears. The though of having a JV team is also very exciting for the Bears.

Pewitt scrimmages Clarksville and Redwater. We have our usual EXTREME preseason with Arp, Waskom, Mineola, and New Boston. If we survive that without injury I see Pewitt running the table in district. I also can see them doing that in the preseason as well but I'm a homer and dad.

Pewitt scrimmages Clarksville and Redwater. We have our usual EXTREME preseason with Arp, Waskom, Mineola, and New Boston. If we survive that without injury I see Pewitt running the table in district. I also can see them doing that in the preseason as well but I'm a homer and dad.

Who is yalls other non district?

HS will be battle tested as well with scrimmages against White Oak and New Boston and non district Clarksville, Waskom, Arp, Jefferson and Spring Hill

Who is yalls other non district?

HS will be battle tested as well with scrimmages against White Oak and New Boston and non district Clarksville, Waskom, Arp, Jefferson and Spring Hill

NB/Waskom will be a test. Cvill will test your pass D. Arp will be tough. Spring Hill will be tough because of their size. Jefferson will be a load if their team shows up. Tough, tough non district schedule