3A D2 Dist 7 Football

Horns85

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't lie I would rather play EF than Arp, but either way, it will be a great game!!

it should be..after knowing PP just isnt recovering as well as expected Id rather play Hooks cause I think yall are prolly the better team. Thats who I want to see the Tigers play. We got a real good group and we have to beat the best of them all to get where we want to be this year. So trust me...no reason to want to shy away from a good team cause after the 1st round everyone is pretty good....after the 2nd everyone can win...after the 3rd and on your all very good and its who can get a bounce and stay healthy the rest of the way.

it should be..after knowing PP just isnt recovering as well as expected Id rather play Hooks cause I think yall are prolly the better team. Thats who I want to see the Tigers play. We got a real good group and we have to beat the best of them all to get where we want to be this year. So trust me...no reason to want to shy away from a good team cause after the 1st round everyone is pretty good....after the 2nd everyone can win...after the 3rd and on your all very good and its who can get a bounce and stay healthy the rest of the way.

True!! I think the thing that worries me about Hooks is the lack of playoff experience, believe it has been 5 years!!

Paul Pewitt still has a lot to say on what gets 2nd and gets EF!!

yeah they won't go down easy. Ef vs hooks would be a barn burner I think. Ef is pretty good against the run but you can throw on them. Hooks may have problems with Ratliff. He's a beast. I think that matchup would be a great playoff game.

yeah they won't go down easy. Ef vs hooks would be a barn burner I think. Ef is pretty good against the run but you can throw on them. Hooks may have problems with Ratliff. He's a beast. I think that matchup would be a great playoff game.

We should do better against the pass when we get two or three of our DB's back from injury. We ahd a freshman playing against Arp.

If you see something wrong, let me know and I will correct it or delete it, but I think these are the scenarios from each team's perspective:

HS WIN

Coupled with HKS win and DK win: HS-1, HKS 2, PP-3, LK-4

Coupled with HKS win and QC win: HS-1, HKS 2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with PP win and DK win: HS-1, PP-2, HKS-3, DK-4

Coupled with PP win and QC win: HS-1, PP-2, HKS-3, LK-4

LK WIN

Coupled with HKS win and DK win: HS-1, HKS-2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with HKS win and QC win: HS-1, HKS-2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with PP win and DK win: HS-1, HKS, LK & PP 3 way tie

Coupled with PP win and QC win: HS-1, HKS, LK & PP 3 way tie

HKS WIN

Coupled with HS and DK win: HS-1, HKS 2, PP-3, LK-4

Coupled with HS and QC win: HS-1, HKS 2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with LK and DK win: HS-1, HKS-2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with LK and QC win: HS-1, HKS-2, LK-3, PP-4

PP WIN

Coupled with HS and DK win: HS-1, PP-2, HKS-3, DK-4

Coupled with HS and QC win: HS-1, PP-2, HKS-3, LK-4

Coupled with LK and DK win: HS-1, HKS, LK & PP 3 way tie

Coupled with LK and QC win: HS-1, HKS, LK & PP 3 way tie

DK WIN

Coupled with HS and HKS win: HS-1, HKS 2, PP-3, LK-4

Coupled with HS and PP win: HS-1, PP-2, HKS-3, DK-4

Coupled with LK and HKS win: HS-1, HKS-2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with LK and PP win: HS-1, HKS, LK & PP 3 way tie

QC WIN

Coupled with HS and HKS win: HS-1, HKS 2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with HS and PP win: HS-1, PP-2, HKS-3, LK-4

Coupled with LK and HKS win: HS-1, HKS-2, LK-3, PP-4

Coupled with LK and PP win: HS-1, HKS, LK & PP 3 way tie

i believe if Pewitt wins it will be 2nd no matter what scenario because of points.

Please explain... because "IF' PP and LK win, will be a 3 way tie at 3-2... Hooks would have beat Linden, Linden would have beat Pewitt and then Pewitt would have beat Hooks

Pewitt will have 26 points Beat QC 21-6 Beat DeKalb 34-16 Lost L/K 14-21

L/K will have 11 points Beat Pewitt 21-14 Beat QC 34-28 Lost to DeKalb 12-14

I think your right after going through this excercise. This is based on a three way tie not a two way. L/K would get the two seed.

I don't think it will happen. Most logical one is both teams losing. Pewitt has a better chance of winning. At this point it really doesn't matter. Your talking about teams that will be 3-7 or 2-8 in the playoffs. Thanks alot U.I.L.

GBB, I think the 3-way tie breaker is just the score differential of the common games of the 3 teams that are tied.

LK beat Pewitt 21-14, so LK is +7 and PP is -7 there.

Hooks beat LK 25-12, so Hooks is +13 and LK is -13 there.

So, as of right now, Hooks is +13, LK is -6 and PP is -7 with Hooks and PP left to play.

PP would have to beat Hooks by 11 to for sure get 2nd and they would have to beat Hooks by 1 to get 3rd. (If PP beats Hooks by 10, both would be at +3 and I am not sure what the next tie breaker is). And, none of this even comes into play unless LK upsets HS and Pewiit beats Hooks.

GBB, I think the 3-way tie breaker is just the score differential of the common games of the 3 teams that are tied.

LK beat Pewitt 21-14, so LK is +7 and PP is -7 there.

Hooks beat LK 25-12, so Hooks is +13 and LK is -13 there.

So, as of right now, Hooks is +13, LK is -6 and PP is -7 with Hooks and PP left to play.

PP would have to beat Hooks by 11 to for sure get 2nd and they would have to beat Hooks by 1 to get 3rd. (If PP beats Hooks by 10, both would be at +3 and I am not sure what the next tie breaker is). And, none of this even comes into play unless LK upsets HS and Pewiit beats Hooks.

Sheez, yall are making my head hurt....