3A D2 Dist 7 Football

Horns85

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb hosts Waskom and Pleasant Grove in a 3-way scrimmage tomorrow at 5 pm. It may be a little harder to tell tomorrow, but from what I have seen so far, DeKalb is gonna be quite a bit better than last year. Definitely seeing more physicality and excitement/emotion than last season.

Horns85, How the boys look in scrimmage?? We had a few of yalls coaches hanging out at ours, along with a few of the redwater guys.

93, I honestly don't know, I don't wanna repeat hear say, Idk believe any of the regular HS guys on smoaky was able to attend since it was at 10:00 on a work day

HS travels to NB tomorrow night and I hope to see them then

93, I honestly don't know, I don't wanna repeat hear say, Idk believe any of the regular HS guys on smoaky was able to attend since it was at 10:00 on a work day

HS travels to NB tomorrow night and I hope to see them then

What time is scrimmage?? May have to drive over and watch, good excuses to miss meet the teacher.

DeKalb hosts Waskom and Pleasant Grove in a 3-way scrimmage tomorrow at 5 pm. It may be a little harder to tell tomorrow, but from what I have seen so far, DeKalb is gonna be quite a bit better than last year. Definitely seeing more physicality and excitement/emotion than last season.

Hope Dekalb is much in proved, yall had a hard year last year and a tuff scrimmage with those two teams. Waskom will be a load and I hear PG is much improved.

Who ya got in this weeks games? Looks like everybody in 7-2A is on the road!

DeKalb at Rivercrest

Hooks at Harmony

Hughes Springs at Clarksville

Linden-Kildare vs Shelbyville

Paul Pewitt at Arp

Queen City at Sabine

I'll take DeKalb by 14, Harmony by 10, Hughes Springs by 17, Shelbyville by 7, Pewitt by 9 and Sabine by 10.

DeKalb at Rivercrest

Hooks at Harmony

Paul Pewitt at Arp

Queen City at Sabine

I'll take DeKalb by 14, Harmony by 10, Hughes Springs by 17, Shelbyville by 7, Pewitt by 9 and Sabine by 10.

Dekalb by 17

Hooks by 10

HS by 20

Shelbyville 10

Pewitt by 07

QC by 03

I wouldn't say Pewitt over Arp by 9. I just hope we are competitive with the injuries that we have right now.

I haven't been reading a lot lately Blue. Didn't know about any of the injuries other than the broken leg last week. I hate that. Probably our best athlete overall suffered a high ankle sprain in our first scrimmage. Not sure if he will be back this week or next. Then, our #1 RB tweaked a knee in our 2nd scrimmage last week and is probably out for a few weeks. But, nothing MAJOR on our end so far.

My bad Cotton....I was just looking at first team/last team....didn't notice the "vs." as opposed to the "at".

DeKalb at Rivercrest

Hooks at Harmony

Paul Pewitt at Arp

Queen City at Sabine

DeKalb by 14

Hooks by 1 (I have to)

Hughes Springs by 10

LK by 3

Arp by 3

QC by 6

These recent Hooks teams are causing me to question everything I THOUGHT I knew about football...................

We lost our QB/Safey to a freak drainage mat incident during the opening scrimmage. Tweaked his hammy and will be out a few weeks. We also lost our starting half back/strong side LB'er to a hyperextended knee who is out for a few weeks. Then you add the 2nd string QB and first string CB who had the broken leg and we are hurting. We had to bring the JV QB's out of the stands to finish our scrimmage Thursday.

We lost our QB/Safey to a freak drainage mat incident during the opening scrimmage. Tweaked his hammy and will be out a few weeks. We also lost our starting half back/strong side LB'er to a hyperextended knee who is out for a few weeks. Then you add the 2nd string QB and first string CB who had the broken leg and we are hurting. We had to bring the JV QB's out of the stands to finish our scrimmage Thursday.

Like I told you before yall will take some lumps but its gonna make yall a better team this year which is the bright side. My prayers go out to yall that all have a speedy recovery. After watching Arp go thru similar circumstances I feel your pain. Yalls pride and having such good kids will make a bad situation better imo...regardless of friday nights outcome I and several on here know yall when healthy are a force to recon with..

• 3 weeks later...

Standing after two weeks, know this means nothing, cause it all changes come district play...

Hooks 2-0 both wins on the road at Harmony and at Redwater

Hughes Spirngs 1-1 win at clarksville and a hard fought loss to a solid Arp team at home

Dekalb 1-1 win at Rivercrest and a loss at Maud

Paul Pewitt 0-2 loss at ARP and a loss at home to #7 Waskom (Pewitt is decimated by injury right now)

Queen City 0-2 loss at Sabine and a loss at home to Prairiland

Linden Kildare 0-2 loss to Shelbyville at home and a tight loss to Ore City at Home

Hard to make predcitions after two weeks, but I still believe Hughes Springs is the class of the district, Hooks is gonna be a force and have alot to say about the top playoff spots and district title, Pewitt is gonna be good, just need to be healthy and they will be ready. After those 3, to me the next best team is Dekalb, but only time will tell. I think the top 4 spots right now look like this.

1) HS

2) HK

3) PP

4) DK

Pewitt will be fine come district time. I wouldn't put Hooks up there with either us or Hughes Springs just yet.

I wouldn't expect you to!! I give Pewitt credit that they will be fine come district, they just need to be healthy!! But don't take hooks lightly, very heavy laden senior and junior team with tons of speed and size. But only time will tell!!

• 2 weeks later...

With pre district complete the games that matter start now, I believe HS and Hooks will be fighting for 1 and 2, from there it's hard to make a educated prediction on 3 and 4

Hughes Springs is 2-3 with 2 2 point losses to Jefferson and Arp with the other loss to Waskom and wins over Clarksville and Spring Hill

Hooks is 5-0 with wins over Harmony, Redwater, Mt Vernon, Clarksville and Chisum

Pewitt is 0-5 with losses to Arp, Waskom, Jefferson, Mineola, and New Boston

Queen City is 1-4 with a win over Maud and losses to Sabine, Prairiland, Redwater and Shelbyville

Linden is 0-5 with losses to Shelbyville, Ore City, Pleasant Grove, Redwater and Harleton

Dekalb is 1-4 with a win over Rivercrest and losses to Maud, Hawkins, Ore City and New Boston