District 10 2A (D-1)

t-dub

What games from our district will be broadcast over the radio or internet? What stations/websites?

Shelbyville/ Carlisle will be on KQBB 100.5 FM or cbc-radio.com. Don Wall has the play-by-play.

Beckville/ Alto will be somewhere on KGAS 104.3 FM. I don't have their website, but Google KGAS radio. There should be a link to it.

Region 1:

Canadian vs Anson

Stratford vs Wellington

Region 2:

Tolar vs Bosqueville

Goldthwaite vs Crawford

Region 3:

Lovelady vs Beckville

Shelbyville vs Centerville

Region 4:

Weimar vs Refugio

Shiner vs Flationia

picks?

Region 1:

Canadian (34) vs Anson

Stratford (14) vs Wellington

Region 2:

Tolar (3) vs Bosqueville

Goldthwaite vs Crawford (10)

Region 3:

Lovelady vs Beckville (2)

Shelbyville (14) vs Centerville

Region 4:

Weimar vs Refugio (20)

Shiner (26) vs Flationia

Getting down to the nitty gritty.

Region 1

Canadian vs Anson

Stratford vs Wellington

3 Teams from District 1 validating not the strength of their own district, but actually, the overall weakness of the panhandle region. Historically, Canadian and Stratford have dominated this region and Wellington has been very strong the last 8 years or so. But Anson? Never. The rest of this region is not solid. Because of Canadian, Stratford and Wellington being the only quality teams in the region, one of those is a 3rd place team and lack of parity dictates this is one of the weaker regions in the state. Overall, probably the 2nd strongest region in the state. These four combine for a 38-10 record

Region 2

Tolar vs Bosqueville

Goldy vs Crawford

Too bad it works out this way, but two 1st place teams are playing while two 3rd place teams are swapping it out. Crawford wins this week and goes on to handle Bosqueville after they beat Tolar. Parity in this region is good, but lack of top tier or "elite" teams makes this region the weakest overall. They don't have anyone except Crawford, that can contend with Canadian, Stratford or Wellington from Reg I in the semi's, but........Crawford can. However, due to only one legitimate contender, this region is 3rd in the state in terms of strength. These teams combine for a 38-10 total record.

Region 3

Centerville vs Shelbyville

Lovelady vs Beckville

Two districts being represented now. #1 and #2 of each and both are paired up that way. This alone is indicative of regional strength as any weak sisters have been eliminated and a couple of big dogs upset. Probably the only region with a significant upset so far. Shelbyville and Beckville will square off again next week to determine who represents this region in the Semi's. Both are new to the big pond, but both are quality teams. B/c only 1's and 2's remain, their is great parity and b/c these four teams combine for a 40-7 record, this region is clearly the strongest total region in the state.

Region 4

Shiner vs 4th Place Flatonia

Refugio vs 3rd Place Weimar

All four from one district is enough to know, you in a weak region. However, Shiner and Refugio alone are good enough to carry this region in terms of contention, but overall, this Region is the weakest in the state. In Region two the final four in would have squared off with Shiner and Refugio and Flatonia and Weimar would not. Region I is the same. 3 of their final four would demolish Flat and Weimar. Same can be said with Region III. So while the totality of Region IV is pathetic, the top two next week, will be as strong as any in the state. Combined record is 38-10

Canadian is a pure spread system while Wellington is a multiple Wing T spread blend

Crawford always has been a ground based attack vs Bosqueville's Spread it out system

Beckville is a ground based balanced attack based on execution while Shelbyville is a heavier run team than Beckville

Refugio is a true Art Brile'esque spread with Shiner being an old school run game

Best defensive teams alive today are Canadian, Crawford, Beckville, Shelbyville, and Shiner.

Experience in terms of best to last in theses situations goes in the following order

Canadian

Refugio

Shiner

Crawford

Wellington

Stratford

Goldthwaite

Bosqueville

Tolar

Weimar

Shelbyville

Beckville

Flatonia

Anson

Let's play ball

Region 1:

Canadian vs Anson

Stratford vs Wellington

Region 2:

Tolar vs Bosqueville

Goldthwaite vs Crawford

Region 3:

Lovelady vs Beckville

Shelbyville vs Centerville

Region 4:

Weimar vs Refugio

Shiner vs Flationia

picks?

Canadian

Stratford

Bosqueville

Crawford

Beckville

Centerville

Refugio

Shiner

Tolar beat Bville 20-7 during non-district. It was 7-7 going into HT, and by my account a dead even game. I have no idea why but things fell apart for Bville in the 2nd half; many dropped passes, missed blocking assignments, several penalties - just a lot of mental mistakes. Tolar capitalized and won as you would expect. Not saying the outcome would have been different if we had played the 2nd half like the 1st. Tolar is a very good team and don't want to take anything away from them, but our kids think it could have been different. Between then and now Tolar has gotten better. Bville, on the other hand, has been up & down, and is just now starting to click again.

On paper I believe Tolar has the advantage, but I have to back my son's team so going with Bville. Tolar has had our number the last 3 times we met and are playing impressive football now, so our kids will have to play the game of their season to win . If they can do that, I think it's possible to win but not sure if I want to say it's probable though. The weather forecast does not really give either team an advantage since both are pretty balanced on O. We will most def have to leave it all on the field Friday. In August I wasn't sure we would even make the playoffs, so playing this time of year is a huge bonus and a good building block for next year's team.

Crawford, what can I say but hands-down the best team in Reg 2. Goldy will put up a good fight, but Crawford takes this one. CreasyBear, I agree that Crawford is the only team in Reg 2 that could have something for the "elite" teams down the road.

Of course, this could become moot after Friday.....

Think tolar may get it done tho..

they did.

Shiner Refugio Rematch is gonna be tough. I just dont see how you can beat refugio twice in a season.

For you high school football playoff junkies that need a fix and can't wait I see that the Stratford vs Wellington Class 2A D1 game has been rescheduled for Monday night a 6:00 at Canyon's Kimbrough Stadium.If you leave right now you might make it.

I know this much, I hope we have enough players left to put on the field next Friday. We have so many kids banged up right now after that 3 game war with just came out of. Talked to several players this weekend that said that was the most physical 3 game stretch they have ever played, hands down. You guys are brutal.

• Like 1