Grade your preseason schedule...

Eagleborn

Kilgore has (not in order)....

Nac - if they're as good as last year then this will be a tough one.

Pine Tree - meh. Sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Texas High - very happy to see this one on the schedule because we haven't played each other in over a decade. These two programs are very similar in both athleticism and style of play and I think this one will be a slobberknocker.

Gladewater - went 4 rds deep last season and returns almost the entire team.

Week 2 is still not filled.

I'd give it a B+.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to give Gilmer's schedule in three different scores:

Predistrict:

Liberty-Eylau

Pine Tree

Tatum

Daingerfield

Carthage

A solid A-

District:

D

Home and away:

F : I have to give this grade for the fact that we only have TWO (yes, 2!) home games all season!

It's you own fault when you give up two games for neutral sites. Especially when travel is not the factor.

Just never could understand why a team would give up home revenue, concessions and make their fans travel.

Maybe because the neutral stadium is better, but not the case with Gilmer. Could be the opponents stadium is not worthy & it would look better to play neutral. Then they need the money offer them more money to come to your place twice.

Could it be wanting to keep the loss record down at home stadium?

Want to be in spotlight schedule game for Thursday or Saturday at home and you will draw more crowd, which is chances are the night you are scheduled for neutral site.

It's you own fault when you give up two games for neutral sites. Especially when travel is not the factor.

Just never could understand why a team would give up home revenue, concessions and make their fans travel.

Maybe because the neutral stadium is better, but not the case with Gilmer. Could be the opponents stadium is not worthy & it would look better to play neutral. Then they need the money offer them more money to come to your place twice.

Could it be wanting to keep the loss record down at home stadium?

Want to be in spotlight schedule game for Thursday or Saturday at home and you will draw more crowd, which is chances are the night you are scheduled for neutral site.

Shoot...let me see if I have this right...Saturday Night... Game of the Week...Lobo...the Defending State Champion Bulldogs & Gilmer Buckeyes...East Texas will want to be there to see the Bulldogs slap down the arrogant Orange & Black only to see a spanking of the Pups...yep, I say PRICELESS

We're checking on it. It better be at a MAJOR discount, or a whole lot of them will not be sold. I want my season tickets again, but if they don't discount accordingly I'll give them up.

Next year we will have six home games, though. This year, though, we have 2 neutral site games, 6 away games, and 2 home games. I guess our team this year should be called the "Road Warriors".

No...price is established...drag this year, heck of a deal next...all comes out in the wash...& next year, even sweeter being defending 4A-D2 State Champs playing all those games at home...coming to pay homage & leaving butthurt,,,yep

Shoot...let me see if I have this right...Saturday Night... Game of the Week...Lobo...the Defending State Champion Bulldogs & Gilmer Buckeyes...East Texas will want to be there to see the Bulldogs slap down the arrogant Orange & Black only to see a spanking of the Pups...yep, I say PRICELESS

Only Gilmer won't be playing the SC Team... Otherwise I seriously Doubt you would make that kind of post. Just ask Kilgore....

all im gone say is longview gone have to bring more than the name vs jt i dont think any team will lay down just becuase there playing a certain team look at what nac did anybody can be beat. and im sure these kids at jt are ready . And rememeber everybody was bandwagon whitehouse fans last year and they crowned them champs before we even played them

I Know what it says,merely stating facts. Gilmer's chances will be better now that Carthage has lost so many from the Championship team. You know this too...

We lost quite a few players, too, if you want to be straight about it. It's all cyclical anyway, but both teams usually reload instead of rebuild. Hopefully, we'll have a little extra beef on our lines this year.

We lost quite a few players, too, if you want to be straight about it. It's all cyclical anyway, but both teams usually reload instead of rebuild. Hopefully, we'll have a little extra beef on our lines this year.

Gilmer never has bad year of football...

Didn't Whitehouse beat Jt last year so you were saying by the way made past the first round and your team was beat by said team whom got beat by Nac if I recall.

Yes I know Henderson is not good and could get beat by all those mention teams unlike you I am not in denial.

by one point game could of went either way not the outcome that was said before the season if i recall whitehouse was gone run away wit the win in a blow out and we beat nac

Didn't Whitehouse beat Jt last year so you were saying by the way made past the first round and your team was beat by said team whom got beat by Nac if I recall.

Yes I know Henderson is not good and could get beat by all those mention teams unlike you I am not in denial.

For the first time ever, three district titles to their one in 4a, and they almost lost to a sub-par jt team, and y'all called that team #3 in the state?? Just over hyped I'm done..

Scott Surratt is known for challenging his team going into district. He took on Whitehouse to give the dogs a real test- this year, it will be Gilmer, I suppose...

Scott Surratt is known for challenging his team going into district. He took on Whitehouse to give the dogs a real test- this year, it will be Gilmer, I suppose...

Yep. It will definitely be a challenge for both teams. We ain't Whitehouse... :) As good as Whitehouse has been lately, if their defense was anywhere near as good as their offense they could've challenged for a title.

Yep. It will definitely be a challenge for both teams. We ain't Whitehouse... :) As good as Whitehouse has been lately, if their defense was anywhere near as good as their offense they could've challenged for a title.

Agreed. After we played them, I could have bet they had the Championship in the bag.