Is Gilmer getting a stud QB move in again?

CardinalEdge

That is a ridiculous accusation. Both of my boys attend Brook Hill and I have strong relationships with the coaches and administrative people. Enough to know that kids don't get recruited to play athletics. We have some bad recruiters if that is the case. Our football o-line averaged less than 200 lbs and finished 3rd in district. We had to play freshmen out of necessity. Our girls basketball team is average. Just trying to make the playoffs. Our Varsity baseball team is having to play freshmen. We don't even have enough for a JV team this year.

If you are going to make accusations like that on a public forum you need to start naming names. I would be glad to respond to a private message. Please send me a PM telling me which coach or admin person at our school tried to recruit your daughters and what was specifically said.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. I didn't accuse Brook Hill of ANY wrongdoing. Go back and read my post again. I excepted Brook Hill and "most" other private schools. There are some other private schools, mostly in metromess that openly recruit for athletic reasons, which would put them at a major advantage if they were to be joining the UIL.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. I didn't accuse Brook Hill of ANY wrongdoing. Go back and read my post again. I excepted Brook Hill and "most" other private schools. There are some other private schools, mostly in metromess that openly recruit for athletic reasons, which would put them at a major advantage if they were to be joining the UIL.

I am well educated. Reading comprehension isn't a problem. You might want to read your post again. You didn't make it clear when saying what is a priority. It appeared to say academics isn't the priority to most private schools in recruiting. Nevertheless, you used the word recruiting for academics. That doesn't even make sense either. Recruiting implies you are being offered something in order to come to the school. No private school in the area I am aware of offers "benefits" for academics or athletic purposes. The only benefit would be a better education. I apologize if I misunderstood what you are trying to say. It gets frustrating to hear people continually accuse private schools of recruiting. I know that it happens at some places but I am not aware of it in the East Texas area schools.

Building a good program used to mean that you developed the kids that were in your community, and taught them how to become a winning program. We have turned into a win at no cost society....The easiest way to get a scholarship is not to go to the school with 100 other kids that are just as talented as you are. A lot of kids transfer or move just to get a ring or go to the playoffs and end up sitting on the bench. I can guarantee you that Longview High has a ton of talent that never plays or plays very little because of what is in front of them. I can understand why those kids move, because it is hard to standout standing on the wrong side of the sideline. But I do get upset when a kid comes back from a camp and a coach has told them that they would be all state or win a ring if they moved to his town.....That is when a coach needs to look at his ethics, and there are a few coaches around this state that are limited in that area. AND I HAVE SAID NO NAMES OR ACCUSED ANYONE OF ANYTHING>>>>>>>>>;)

That is a ridiculous accusation. Both of my boys attend Brook Hill and I have strong relationships with the coaches and administrative people. Enough to know that kids don't get recruited to play athletics. We have some bad recruiters if that is the case. Our football o-line averaged less than 200 lbs and finished 3rd in district. We had to play freshmen out of necessity. Our girls basketball team is average. Just trying to make the playoffs. Our Varsity baseball team is having to play freshmen. We don't even have enough for a JV team this year.

If you are going to make accusations like that on a public forum you need to start naming names. I would be glad to respond to a private message. Please send me a PM telling me which coach or admin person at our school tried to recruit your daughters and what was specifically said.

Get your two boys that attend Brook Hill to explain to you what black flag's post means. You are not understanding it.

Get your two boys that attend Brook Hill to explain to you what black flag's post means. You are not understanding it.

I am well educated. Reading comprehension isn't a problem. You might want to read your post again. You didn't make it clear when saying what is a priority. It appeared to say academics isn't the priority to most private schools in recruiting. Nevertheless, you used the word recruiting for academics. That doesn't even make sense either. Recruiting implies you are being offered something in order to come to the school. No private school in the area I am aware of offers "benefits" for academics or athletic purposes. The only benefit would be a better education. I apologize if I misunderstood what you are trying to say. It gets frustrating to hear people continually accuse private schools of recruiting. I know that it happens at some places but I am not aware of it in the East Texas area schools.

I read my post several times to see if I could find out how you could read your accusation into it. I, too, am well educated, and I still think you read more into it than was there, and misunderstood. I "thought" I made it clear enough. I never accused Brook Hill of any wrongdoing is my point. When I said private schools recruit, they DO, and no, that does NOT mean a free ride by any means. Believe me, I know. I would love for my daughters to be able to go to a private school where education is a priority, but the tuition is ridiculously high, not to mention getting them to and from school would be a major logistical nightmare. The point is there ARE private schools that actively recruit for athletic purposes. Fortunately, it is not the norm, or I wouldn't have said "most" schools recruit for academics. I'd be glad to explain in a PM, or in person, if you still don't understand.

Building a good program used to mean that you developed the kids that were in your community, and taught them how to become a winning program. We have turned into a win at no cost society....The easiest way to get a scholarship is not to go to the school with 100 other kids that are just as talented as you are. A lot of kids transfer or move just to get a ring or go to the playoffs and end up sitting on the bench. I can guarantee you that Longview High has a ton of talent that never plays or plays very little because of what is in front of them. I can understand why those kids move, because it is hard to standout standing on the wrong side of the sideline. But I do get upset when a kid comes back from a camp and a coach has told them that they would be all state or win a ring if they moved to his town.....That is when a coach needs to look at his ethics, and there are a few coaches around this state that are limited in that area. AND I HAVE SAID NO NAMES OR ACCUSED ANYONE OF ANYTHING>>>>>>>>> ;)

To heck you havent,,,...!!!!!

All private schools offer scholarships. And they are academic scholarships, not athletic. Yes a better education. But, it is a benefit. Not having to pay to go to a private school such as Grace, or Brook Hill, or TK Gorman, or All Saints is a huge benefit.

Brookhill must be the only private school that does not recruit. My stepson was recruited by Evangel...after finishing the 8th grade, he accepted a scholarship to Evangel in their 8+ Program...had 4 years (9th-12th) of play, got a scholarship to Ole Miss, went snowboarding in January, broke his femur, playing career over. The 8+ gave them an extra year to mature...they were giants...asked anyone who played them 20 years ago.

And oh yeah, Brook Hill is a 100% stand up program. They don't recruit athletes, period. It's not easy to even get a kid through the entrance process to get into BH. Great people, honest, humble... Can't say enough positive things about the staff there. If I made more money, my son would still be going there. But I refuse to accept financial aid, so public school it is...

Someone in Gilmer on UIL staff? 1 student under div. 1, Powder Puff District. Regular move in QB's as needed. New Field. One hell of a coach that can

run out on the field and assault their own bought and paid for officials at any time. Like Jezzzz Man, Why can't you buy a Championship?

Someone in Gilmer on UIL staff? 1 student under div. 1, Powder Puff District. Regular move in QB's as needed. New Field. One hell of a coach that can

run out on the field and assault their own bought and paid for officials at any time. Like Jezzzz Man, Why can't you by a Championship?

Dont quote me but I heard its not a done deal yet,,,....!!!!!! His mother may move to Flowers Mound Marcus,,,...!!!! Wouldnt that make a big mess lol,,,...!!!!

And oh yeah, Brook Hill is a 100% stand up program. They don't recruit athletes, period. It's not easy to even get a kid through the entrance process to get into BH. Great people, honest, humble... Can't say enough positive things about the staff there. If I made more money, my son would still be going there. But I refuse to accept financial aid, so public school it is...

I've seen the Spears kid and he has grown into a mature, good work ethic athlete, I say he could get the job done. I also heard he is going to attend a "John Gruden" type camp in June.