Charlie #$@#ing Strong

Immortal13

Only time will tell. I think he's a solid hire, but it's too early to grade him yet. We'll see what people are saying in 5 years. I always give College coaches 4 years to turn things around, because they have to implement their system, and recruit the players that fit their system. Sad thing is, June Jones isn't living up to my expectations, and I'd like to see Coach Strong coaching my Mustangs.

I am excited by the hire of Strong. I don't care if he was Texas' first choice or sixth as HLion claims. He will bring accountability to the players, something that was lacking under Mack Brown.

This is EXACTLY how I felt about Sumlin. Sherman DID hold players accountable to a degree, but Fran was a flat out joke.

If he can recruit well and win at Louisville I would think he will do the same at Texas. He is not Mack Brown when it comes to the press. He keeps things close to the vest. Given time he will do very well at Texas.

It will be interesting to see how Strong does in recruiting. Although Brown was a great recruiter, he rarely landed the targeted out of state recruits. The State of Texas will always be the back bone of UT's and A&M classes, but it would be nice to see 4-5 high visibility out of state recruits each year.

Mack's greatest downfall when it comes to recruiting was at the QB position in my opinion. So many great Texas high schools QBs playing in and out of the state of Texas with hardly a look by the Longhorns. California has also sent a lot of top QBs out of state. You would think Mack would have latched onto some of them along the way.

He will be a success....He will hold all players to a higher standard and they will perform. He expects the best and will get the best out of the players.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but there hasn't been a hire in history where people didn't believe their coach brought something to the table that would make them successful. Nobody expects a coach to fail from day one, but is say probably only about 25% of the coaches reach the success their fan base wants them to.

Strong has tons of potential, but also has a tough road ahead. Let's give him time before we call him an instant success or failure.