JT OC

bradbankman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the JT offensive coordinator leave? Where is he going?

People are claiming that Coach Holmes has posted the OC job on the THSCA website. If that is true I am thinking Conroe Oak ridge since their OC(Compton) is now the the head coach at Bryan Rudder. Just my opinion thats all. I haven't seen anything officiall so I am in "wait and see" mode. Nw if Coach Bush is leaving then I wish him nothing but the best(he is a great individual and a EVEN BETTER MAN)! JT will find a very capable replacement, but it is all rumor until proven otherwise.

Offensive Coordinator Job Reference Number 44259 Location Tyler HS Address 1120 N Northwest Loop 323 City, State, Zip Code Tyler, TX 75702-3617 Contact Name Ricklan Holmes Address 1120 NNW Loop 323 City, State, Zip Code Tyler, TX 75702 Phone, Fax 903-330-8498 , 903-531-9918 Email [email protected] Job Description Offensive Coordinator

Offensive goal chart

Offensive scripts

Pre-Practice C / QB exchange

Offensive notebook

Offensive video

Offensive game plan

Offensive press box charts

Goal Line charts / 3rd / Long 3rd / Short 3rd

Game play sheets

Academic Grade Check for QBs Job Requirements Spread Offense...Multiple Personnel Compensation Information Teaching Salary(TISD) + Coaching Stipend + Days Head Coaching Experience Required? No Total Coaching and/or Teaching Experience Required 5-10 Years Sports related to position Football Teaching Fields related to position Health, Physical Education Start Date 05/07/2014 Application MUST be received by 06/06/2014

Not a rumor.

Offensive Coordinator Job Reference Number 44259 Location Tyler HS Address 1120 N Northwest Loop 323 City, State, Zip Code Tyler, TX 75702-3617 Contact Name Ricklan Holmes Address 1120 NNW Loop 323 City, State, Zip Code Tyler, TX 75702 Phone, Fax 903-330-8498 , 903-531-9918 Email [email protected] Job Description Offensive Coordinator

Offensive goal chart

Offensive scripts

Offensive notebook

Offensive video

Offensive game plan

Game play sheets

Academic Grade Check for QBs Job Requirements Spread Offense...Multiple Personnel Compensation Information Teaching Salary(TISD) + Coaching Stipend + Days Head Coaching Experience Required? No Total Coaching and/or Teaching Experience Required 5-10 Years Sports related to position Football Teaching Fields related to position Health, Physical Education Start Date 05/07/2014 Application MUST be received by 06/06/2014

Not a rumor.

Why is the application date after the start date?

Offensive goal chart

Offensive scripts

Offensive notebook

Offensive video

Offensive game plan

Game play sheets

Not a rumor.

Like I said in my previous post, JT will get a good replacement. The start date makes since because JT will be doing spring ball around that date. Time will tell.

Like I said in my previous post, JT will get a good replacement. The start date makes since because JT will be doing spring ball around that date. Time will tell.

hopefully TISD will spend some good money getting the right guy to come in, and help with the running game.

Lion4ever,

Coach Bush was not the problem at JT. He is moving up for a reason and this wont be his last move up the coaching ladder.

I agree that Coach Bush is destined for a head coaching job and that TISD is not going to break the bank for either JT or Lee when it comes to coaches in any particular sport. I do feel JT will get some SOLID applicants for the OC position.

They more than likely the wont; It's a guy who told Holmes last season that’s coaching now in the Houston area, his offer was too low. He is a JT Alumni as well.

You are talking about Coach Blaylock(now the OC at Spring Dekaney) I presume. He wants to be a head coach and will be one I believe.

I agree that Coach Bush is destined for a head coaching job and that TISD is not going to break the bank for either JT or Lee when it comes to coaches in any particular sport. I do feel JT will get some SOLID applicants for the OC position.

I wouldn't exactly say that. TISD pays pretty good, at least for Head Coaches.

Here is a list from 10 yrs ago on Football Head Coach Salaries.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/statesman/pdf/coaching_salaries.pdf

When Coach Rush left JT, he was making 97,300 a yr. That is pretty good.

http://media.gosanangelo.com/media/static/1023_SchoolSalaries_Coaches_SA.pdf

TISD was in the top 80 back then in Head Coaches salaries for 4a/5a schools. I think the reason JT hasn't been able to hold on to coaches, is because they hire alot of young talented guys. 2 of JT last Off. Coord. became Head Coaches.

as far as Assistants go, they pay teacher Salary plus Stipend. TISD teacher salaries are not far off from the rest of the state. So I guess it comes down to stipend. I don't know TISD coaching stipend. Maybe that is the deciding factor.

Coach Blaylock would have been a good hire for JT, always heard good things about him when he was at Sulphur Springs. I didn't realize he left Crosby for Dekaney.

I'm sure JT will have no problem finding a quality OC and picking up where they left off.