Quitman

StraightTalker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to seeing who applies for this job. Not a strong history of winning, but every so often, they have a few great classes come in & have a good run. Those runs are FAR a FEW between! We shall see...

The facilities are awful, & if its true about the low number of coaches...I don't know anyone who'd want to suffer through that!

I spoke with a coach from there about 30 minutes ago regarding some track stuff, and he said he was the new track coach because Callahan had left on Tuesday. I didn't ask any details, didn't feel like it was my business. Hate that though, Callahan was a great guy. Whether he chose to leave or was asked I don't know

Just my 2 cents..... I graduated from Quitman in the early 80's and allways want to see them do well, and coach Callahan did a great job with the players he had. Hope he lands at another school close by.

As far as the facilities, I'm all for tradition and I played my final game at Bud Moody but I think it's time for the town to come together and build a new stadium on the field behind the high school.

I don't know if they could get a bond passed for it, I would just think that it would be something the whole town could be proud of. But no matter what I wish the best for the Bulldogs.

I agree with having a new football stadium to either replace or refurbish Bud Moody Stadium. I had covered Quitman sports back in the early 1990s when I was at The Wood County Democrat and the facilities were still good back then. They aren't now having taken recycled items to the recycle place that is right by the stadium. Just hope Quitman ISD do find a good, quality head football coach/AD that will bring back Bulldog Pride to Quitman.

Just my 2 cents..... I graduated from Quitman in the early 80's and allways want to see them do well, and coach Callahan did a great job with the players he had. Hope he lands at another school close by.

As far as the facilities, I'm all for tradition and I played my final game at Bud Moody but I think it's time for the town to come together and build a new stadium on the field behind the high school.

I don't know if they could get a bond passed for it, I would just think that it would be something the whole town could be proud of. But no matter what I wish the best for the Bulldogs.

I agree completely...The facilities in general are not very good. I know that bonds have failed in the past for numerous reasons. Wishing the Supt. Rhonda Turner the best of luck, & hope they find someone to light a spark, & turn that place around!!!