Lake Travis O.C. offered AD/Head Football Coaching Job at Pine Tree H.S.

Smoaky

"And either way, Longview has nothing to do with a thread like this. My statement was about Pine Tree and everything I stated was true. Heck, go read their Facebook page. Pirate fans are angry over this hire. The guy has been apart of more wins in the past three years than PT has been in a decade or more combined. They've made their minds up, just like they did the previous coach, and run him out of town"

^^^ this ^^^

I guess PT likes being the punching bag! I hope this works out for them though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish PT and Coach Collins nothing but the best. i hope they can get things turned around but IMO i thought Coach Hennigan deserved a shot. PT just came off a miserable season not just on the field but off. they had distractions from the very first game. IMO Coach Hennigan has lifted the morale of the whole athletic dept. in a short time. does that translate into wins on the football field? only time would have told but PT needed the stability that he showed during a critical time and i applaud him for that. he will be a good coach for someone whether it's at PT or somewhere else.

someone said PT ran the previous coach out of town. don't put all of the blame on them. the coach had a hand in it as well.

also someone mentioned that PT needs to build a better defense and i agree. they have a very good DC there but he can't play the game for the kids. from the games i saw tackling was one of their biggest problems. the coach can only work with the kids on tackling drills and teach them the defense which puts them in the proper position but it's up to the kids to make the plays.

once again i wish PT and the new coach well but i feel bad for Hennigan.

i hope PT did a thorough background check this time.