Baseball District 21-1A

Hayseed

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Douglas has the best program out of the group. They are my pick to win it until they don't.

Joaquin and Shelbyville both graduated 2 starting pitchers as well as the meat of their hitting lineup. Joaquin is under a new head coach as well. They both have kids coming up who can fill spits. Cushing made the playoffs last year, but I don't know what they return. I expect Tenaha to take a big step forward this year, being in the 2nd year of the program and DePreist getting things squared away. Timpson, Chirrno and Martinsville have all struggled in baseball recently.

The Tiger's schedule indicates all of their games are away games, why is this? I thought they built a new field?

I'm not sure the reason, but it hasn't been completed yet. It may be $$ related. It's not uncommon for small ISDs to have to prioritize expenses. Some things are bigger than athletics.

Anyone know any of the scores from the teams in this district? The only score i know is Tenaha varsity tied the Center HS JV 3-3 about a week ago. I should be able to bring more info to the party once b-ball is done. Sure like to know how Cushing,Douglass, and Shelbyville are doing.

Anyone know any of the scores from the teams in this district? The only score i know is Tenaha varsity tied the Center HS JV 3-3 about a week ago. I should be able to bring more info to the party once b-ball is done. Sure like to know how Cushing,Douglass, and Shelbyville are doing.

Joaquin is 4-1 with wins over Newton, Beaumont Legacy, Garrison, and Stanley, LA. Loss was to Hemphill. Haven't heard on any of the others, but Douglas is always very good.

Shelbyville beat Tenaha 5-1

Douglass beat Joaquin 7-1

Timpson beat Mount 13-2

Not sure about it but I think its like this

Douglass 3-0...... Plays Timpson Thursday

Cushing 2-0 Plays Chireno Friday

Timpson 2-1

Shelbyville 1-1... Plays Martinsville Friday

Joaquin 1-2........ Plays Tenaha Wednesday

Mount 1-2

Tenaha 0-2

Martinsville 0-2

Chireno 0-2

Lots of ball left to be played in this district....

Timpson pitcher threw a no-hitter to beat Shelbyville 5-4.

Joaquin's Gage Belrose, a senior, in his first appearance on the hill since he was a freshman, pitched 2 innings of no-hit ball, before coming out. Coach trying to make sure he's good for the stretch run, I guess. After Gage came out, the Rams gave up some runs to let the game get close. Gage's little brother, freshman Nate, came in to get the save. Gage also had 3 of the Rams' 6 hits to lead the way on a night when they just couldn't get the bats warmed up. Good to see him finally getting a chance to shine in his senior year.