Could Ware be Cut?

DatGuy

Be Jerry Jones for this one day decision and dont fire yourself from the GM position. Your going to be over the cap 20-25 Million and D-Ware is counting 16 Million against it. Would you restructure Ware's Deal? (Knowing thats how we get into this mess always restructuring contracts) Do you ask him to take less Money? or do you Simply cut him and hope he was half the shell he once was and has lost a step?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the cheerful spin of the pro-GM Jerry fans, this team is only going sideways for the near future. Absolutely cap strapped and with no defensive line whatsoever to build on. JJ has 2 options.. more of the same (ding ding ding), or bite the bullet & pull an Astros rebuild (will NEVER happen). He is in a hole he has dug and keeps digging by restructuring contracts of players already past their prime. They are in the Twilight Zone with no ticket out. This is what many have been saying for years but every year we are called "not true fans". I have supported by beloved Astros for 3 years of the worst in ML history because they took the only way out of the mess Drayton left them in. Now there is hope. I see NO hope for my beloved Cowboys

He's been a steady Vet for 9 seasons, but his performance did drop off last year. I'd like to see him retire as a Cowboy. I think if the Cowboys cut him, someone is going to pick him up. I'd like to see him take an incentive laid contract with the Cowboys, but at his age most players want the money guaranteed.

He's been a steady Vet for 9 seasons, but his performance did drop off last year. I'd like to see him retire as a Cowboy. I think if the Cowboys cut him, someone is going to pick him up. I'd like to see him take an incentive laid contract with the Cowboys, but at his age most players want the money guaranteed.

I seriously think Dallas will take a chance on him being better for them the next few years. I believe they will find a way to sign him like you said (incentives). They will have to protect themselves somehow. If he performs near to the "norm" for him then he should have np. I just hope Ware signs.

I think I'm correct in saying Dez Bryant and Tyrone Smith will have to be renegotiated in 2015. Anybody see cap relief coming?? As much as it pains me, they need to bite the bullet now on Ware. Its really a no-win situation but do you want Ware for the next 2 years and risk gutting what team you have trying to keep Smith & Bryant ? I'll opt for taking the hit now. The Boys must draft young DLs and play them. The draft is the only way to get players at an affordable rate. The money has to be made up somewhere and it certainly can't be any worse than it was last year on the DL.

Despite the cheerful spin of the pro-GM Jerry fans, this team is only going sideways for the near future. Absolutely cap strapped and with no defensive line whatsoever to build on. JJ has 2 options.. more of the same (ding ding ding), or bite the bullet & pull an Astros rebuild (will NEVER happen). He is in a hole he has dug and keeps digging by restructuring contracts of players already past their prime. They are in the Twilight Zone with no ticket out. This is what many have been saying for years but every year we are called "not true fans". I have supported by beloved Astros for 3 years of the worst in ML history because they took the only way out of the mess Drayton left them in. Now there is hope. I see NO hope for my beloved Cowboys

As much as it seems that people want Dallas to get another great Defensive player in the 1st round I think they would be better off trading back and getting potential multiple good defensive players. I think numbers will be the way to go after the last couple seasons. They just have no depth when the key players get injured. We may lose all three this year (Ware, Hatcher and Spencer). So we need more good players. Even if they do not start they need to be capable.

As much as it seems that people want Dallas to get another great Defensive player in the 1st round I think they would be better off trading back and getting potential multiple good defensive players. I think numbers will be the way to go after the last couple seasons. They just have no depth when the key players get injured. We may lose all three this year (Ware, Hatcher and Spencer). So we need more good players. Even if they do not start they need to be capable.

Yea, the Cowboys are so loaded with top talent it wouldn't hurt to trade WAY BACK and get some more of those mid and late round jewels Jerry and the Cowboys have been thriving on the past 15 years ... :lol:

Yea, the Cowboys are so loaded with top talent it wouldn't hurt to trade WAY BACK and get some more of those mid and late round jewels Jerry and the Cowboys have been thriving on the past 15 years ... :lol:

Overloaded with a lot of overpaid non talent after one great year. Can anyone explain why we signed Brandon Carr for 5 years $50 million ? He's been decent, but not worth that kind of money, maybe a million a year but not 10. Miles Austin is another, he should have been cut mid-season last year.

Overloaded with a lot of overpaid non talent after one great year. Can anyone explain why we signed Brandon Carr for 5 years $50 million ? He's been decent, but not worth that kind of money, maybe a million a year but not 10. Miles Austin is another, he should have been cut mid-season last year.

Carr is still worth much more than the average Corner. Sure he had a less than spectacular season. With no pass rush from linemen and linebackers the secondary is too vulnerable. Brandon is still one of the best in press coverage. Once Dallas can utilize him in this way with a pass rush he will excel.

Yes Dallas could also use a better Safety.

Dude, you are the laughing stock of Smoaky.com ... :lol:

I think I might be second to you. You are the bottom of the barrel. :P I could never reach your level of low standards.

You really need to learn how to make your comments more about the thread than about me. I enjoy the praise but I like discussing the football better. Kindly stay on task if you are capable. I will try to do better.

But look at the good side folks. Jerry bought the Cowboys for a 140 million 25 years ago and now they are worth over a Billion.

The Cowboys are are still making Jerry money, with no play off wins.

The bottom line is.

with all you'll suppositions, you need to ask your self this question "will this player make Jerry money"?

Who will sell tickets, t-shirts and caps, win or loose?

LionKing, personal attacks will not derail this thread. Final warning.

Secondly, I believe that Jerry has an emotional attachment to these players, which makes it hard to get rid of them. Romo, who almost any of us would have traded 1-2 years ago gets the extension a year too early without even negotiating for it AND ON TOP OF THAT, HE WILL BE MAKING THAT $18M A YEAR UNTIL 2020!!!! THAT WOULD PUT HIM AT 39 YR/OLD. I guess if Favre could do it.......... Ware, a great player... one that I actually loved to see play, was signed WAY too long. What you really hope for in a player like that is to have his contract expire 1-2 years after he has lost his step, not 5. Same can be said for Miles Austin. I also think that as good as DeMarco Murray is, they should consider trading him out in 2 years. Witten at 31 is making $7m a yr, his skills will start to fall this year or next... you still have him under contract for 3 more... $10m a year will come off the books with Spencer hitting free agency.

I am curious to see how it all plays out. Dallas seems old, but they are really young. I just think that Jerry has thrown, not TOO MUCH MONEY, but TOO MANY YEARS at some AGING and AVERAGE players.