Wash's Early Line Up

DatGuy

I'm not so sure about having Andrus at #2. Pitchers are going to be zeroing in on him and I don't think he can adjust. Being in front of Fielder and Beltre, you need someone who can perform at high levels at the plate. He got overpowered a lot last year. Pitchers will be coming after him even more this year. Maybe he's ready for that challenge. I hope so.

Disagree on Andrus not being able to handle the 2 spot. I think he'll do fine there.

I think he'll do well in moving Choo over if needed. It's any other time that I'm worried about. I probably shouldn't have said that I don't think he'll be able to adjust. I'm just not confident in it for some reason. Last year, his season seemed to start slow, proceed slow, and end slow. He never was able to do anything to get me excited about his game. He's still one of my favorites, I just hope he gets back some of that sizzle he had been showing in previous years.

I think he'll do well in moving Choo over if needed. It's any other time that I'm worried about. I probably shouldn't have said that I don't think he'll be able to adjust. I'm just not confident in it for some reason. Last year, his season seemed to start slow, proceed slow, and end slow. He never was able to do anything to get me excited about his game. He's still one of my favorites, I just hope he gets back some of that sizzle he had been showing in previous years.

His first half of last summer was really bad, but he did well in the 2nd half. He's still only 24, he'll be fine.

Agree. Elvis had a good second half and iirc he had some injury issues coming out of spring training. He also stole over 40 bases last year. I think he is the obvious choice for #2 hole. Who would you substitute, Five0?

The problem is I don't see a replacement as of now. Martin potentially depending on how he performs and of course Profar, but for right now it looks like Andrus is what we got. Someone will step up. If I had my druthers, I'd prefer to see Andrus pick it up and claim ownership of the spot. However, that's what I thought about the lead-off spot and it never did materialize for him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. He's the one who needs to make the 2 hole.