White Oak to recommend Kris Iske as AD/Football Coach (Updated with quotes)

Smoaky

White Oak defensive coordinator Kris Iske confirmed to Smoaky.com that he will be recommended on Friday at 5:00pm, to be the new Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at White Oak High School.

Iske has a career record of 29-32, with stops at Grapeland (13-8) and Scurry-Rosser (16-24). And, he was on the staff with Chad Morris when Elysian Fields played in back-to-back state championship games in 1998 and 1999, and he was also on Morris' state when Bay City played in back-to-back Class 4-A state championship games, winning in 2000.

Iske is pumped up about the opportunity, "I am excited to take over the athletic program at White Oak and carry on the success that has been established in all sports," Iske continued, "I've always admired and thought of White Oak as a great school and community, and it's an honor to be a part of it."

If approved, Iske will replace Gerry Stanford, who is now the head coach at Flower Mound Marcus High School. KETK NBC 56's Reagan Roy contributed to this story, and George Whitley of the Longview News-Journal was the first to report this story.

Kris Iske @ Grapeland:

2005 5-5-0 128-200 Kris Iske
2006 8-3-0 Kris Iske

Kris Iske @ Scurry-Rosser:

2007 2-8-0 Kris Iske
2008 4-6-0 Kris Iske
2009 3-7-0 Kris Iske
2010 7-3-0 Kris Iske

Title, offensive coordinator. But it looks bad when Stanford has head coach and offensive coordinator by his name...the system is a lot more than you would think from the stands..

You so full of it lol,,,....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though we lost a great senior group I still like our chances of winning district next season. Iske will bring in a top notch OC that can really develop QB's and keep the spread rollling. Coach Burks and the rest of the staff will be a great asset as well. Looking forward to more successful Roughneck football. Of course the defense is in great hands with Iske running that side...Really develops the players and gets them in the right spot to be successful.

Even though we lost a great senior group I still like our chances of winning district next season. Iske will bring in a top notch OC that can really develop QB's and keep the spread rollling. Coach Burks and the rest of the staff will be a great asset as well. Looking forward to more successful Roughneck football. Of course the defense is in great hands with Iske running that side...Really develops the players and gets them in the right spot to be successful.

From what I hear, burks is going to run the offense. Idk how true that is though. Regardless I think they have just as good of a shot as anybody to win the new district.

Title, offensive coordinator. But it looks bad when Stanford has head coach and offensive coordinator by his name...the system is a lot more than you would think from the stands..

What about from the field?????

Idk what this question even means. But I think it would be easier for you to tell me about your knowledge of the spread so we could save a lot of time.

LOL Lets talk about the stands!Do you understand that,,,....!!!!! IDT you do lol bahahahahaha,,,...!!!!