Wish List Items for your ISD/Athletic Department

texashigh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what your asking but, it is my understanding that we don't have enough lanes to hold dist. track meet.

You Tatum folk got a few Million extra? Ahh forget it, the school board would only spend it on a new Admin. Building, or redoing

the sidewalks and facade on the front of the 60 year old High school.

Uh dude, that's what voters approved in a bond election last year. Three years ago a bond for stadium improvements, new elementary campus was defeated.

Smh....we'll be here all day with my wish list. First and foremost, we need a larger video screen and scoreboard, because the mutts, North Tyler and the we're still living in the past Tyler Lee has video screens that are bigger than ours. That should be the first item on the agenda lol.

Kidding aside...Lufkin needs a new press box, locker rooms and a statue on the home side for Coach Outlaw instead of the mess they have on the hill.

Surely a new "Concession" and "Decent" bathrooms for both sides won't break them. The field and stands are just fine as far as I am concerned.

But the track needs to be redone so the "SIX" time State champs in Football can hold the dang District Track meet. It's outrageous!

JMO

The visiting side at Lobo needs improves from what I've heard. Not much more they can do for parking than they've already done.

Only thing I really want is for the State Finalist teams to have some sort of plaque up (as well as the 37 team). Just no mention of the four teams anywhere around Lobo and they should definitely be recognized IMO.

The visiting side at Lobo needs improves from what I've heard. Not much more they can do for parking than they've already done.

Only thing I really want is for the State Finalist teams to have some sort of plaque up (as well as the 37 team). Just no mention of the four teams anywhere around Lobo and they should definitely be recognized IMO.

I've been to Lobo and I'm always impressed. Visitor seems fine to me but may be wrong. I'm always impressed with how well the campus is maintained. Also, it is a statement on the achievements of Longview those teams are being ignored. Still definitely need recognition.

we have good facilities for all sports ,what we need is a school board and super who would really get behind the football program. it is so disappointing to see our stands only half full at home games and maybe two signs in the town supporting the football program. there are many more signs every year supporting the band than the football team. we have had great success with the 7 and 8 grade teams for the last 3 to 4 years with lots of kids playing and then when they get to varsity we are barely competive and will have maybe 30 players dressed out. it is a real shame this town doesn't really demand a better program.

Plenty of recognition inside the den..but I understand what you're saying.

Only thing I'd wish for is maybe expansion. Other than that..no complaints from me. Best facilities in ET.

After another day to think about it I'm still just at the tball thang.

Turf is new.

Field house is best in East Texas.

Field events area is one of best around.

Coliseum is top notch.

Baseball/softball fields the same.

Got a indoor.

Weight room is A-Ok.

Blessed for sure.

After another day to think about it I'm still just at the tball thang.

Turf is new.

Field house is best in East Texas.

Field events area is one of best around.

Coliseum is top notch.

Baseball/softball fields the same.

Got a indoor.

Weight room is A-Ok.

Blessed for sure.

Frisbee golf course

We've got a brand new football stadium and fieldhouse. Not a 1A/2A around can compare, especially to the fieldhouse. Next thing I'd like to see happen is a new gym. We have a "new" gym and an "old" gym. The new gym was built in the 70's.

Henderson Lion Stadium was built during the Roosevelt administration. A new stadium would be nice or at least an overhaul of the bathrooms.

One would think that with ALL the lignite & All the gas/oil that has come out of the ground in Rusk County, that Henderson has GOT to be swimming in money that could be used to build a state of the art High School, Stadium, & Whatever their hearts desired... As well as hiring coaches who could restore the football program to its rightful place in the DOD. What say You, Lionfan? What gives? Tatum can't be gettin' ALL the money & spending it on new stuff!

One would think that with ALL the lignite & All the gas/oil that has come out of the ground in Rusk County, that Henderson has GOT to be swimming in money that could be used to build a state of the art High School, Stadium, & Whatever their hearts desired... As well as hiring coaches who could restore the football program to its rightful place in the DOD. What say You, Lionfan? What gives? Tatum can't be gettin' ALL the money & spending it on new stuff!

Why don't you panola folks give him some of your gas money?

Why don't you panola folks give him some of your gas money?

Because they have been getting oil/gas money out of the ground since about 1933 & we don't get Nearly as much Coal money as they do. Also, back then, they didn't WANT gas- only oil, so they flared all their gas away!

Pewitt needs to figure out a way to use the new gym at the elementary. So I am saying they either need a new gym at high school or build locker rooms at elementary gym.

They need to finish what was started at the baseball and softball complex. Cover the stands and raise the announcer stand above home plate somehow.

Oh and if we hit the lottery, I believe in the multipurpose facility aka indoor practice facility that all can use.

Indoor facility would be nice. It would benefit most sports, but this has been a crazy start to baseball and softball season. Schools with indoor facilities have got to be enjoying a place to accomplish something when the weather is like it has been so far this year.

Indoor facility would be nice. It would benefit most sports, but this has been a crazy start to baseball and softball season. Schools with indoor facilities have got to be enjoying a place to accomplish something when the weather is like it has been so far this year.

Unless you have that sport that doesn't get to practice in the indoor until 7 or 8 pm because of other sports and other towns sports.