Wells offered and accepts AD/FB Coaching Job at Liberty-Eylau...

Smoaky

Steve Wells was offered and accepted the job as athletic director and head football coach at Liberty-Eylau High School.

Wells, who has an overall record of 44-45 as a head coach (Hooks 24-21), (Mineola 9-12), (Jacksonville 21-22), has been the co-offensive coordinator at Liberty-Eylau.

If approved, Wells will replace Brian Brown who is now at Red Oak High School.

The school board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 20th.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow disappointed with this NO ONE will ever take this job Seriously with another in-house job offer another few years of mediocracy untill they hire another in-house plus nothing will change same sorry stuff that's going on will stay going on.. Officially done with LE football for the most part lol but who cares what I think congrats to Wells good luck.

They posted his record???? Why?

Dubb,

I have never, in my 32-years in the business, ever seen a story of a coach (in any sport) being hired without including their history and background in coaching and especially their win-loss record.

But, a win-loss record can be deceiving depending on a coach going to programs to help build, rebuild or continue a tradition.

The response I've received from most coaches who I've contacted about this hire has been positive, and no, not just coaches who face LE.

Smoaky

Dubb,

I have never, in my 32-years in the business, ever seen a story of a coach (in any sport) being hired without including their history and background in coaching and especially their win-loss record.

But, a win-loss record can be deceiving depending on a coach going to programs to help build, rebuild or continue a tradition.

The response I've received from most coaches who I've contacted about this hire has been positive, and no, not just coaches who face LE.

Smoaky

Smoaky,

You know me, I have never said anything negative about my alma mater. I saw the record, and in my opionion, we could have left it off ( just saying). I know Wells and the kids love him. My opinion don't matter.

Dubb

Why would a topic with over 26000 views be deleted ? POLITICS !!!!!!

Actually, no, it wasn't politics, it was a thread about the coaching search, the search is over, Wells will be recommended a week from Thursday. If you want to rehash everything else, that's your option and agenda.

Smoaky

Deleted was the word! Removed so no one can see ! Not in archives for later reviews. Some people cant handle the truth. Delete it so no one can see what we are really up to. Its not hard to figure out this is a pro coach forum. Its disappointing that so many coaches turn a blind eye to some of the things their peers do to these student athletes and programs. A lot of coaches do a great job but many are tarnishing the profession with politics and selflishness ! Every decision made by coach should be what's best for student athletes!

Deleted was the word! Removed so no one can see ! Not in archives for later reviews. Some people cant handle the truth. Delete it so no one can see what we are really up to. Its not hard to figure out this is a pro coach forum. Its disappointing that so many coaches turn a blind eye to some of the things their peers do to these student athletes and programs. A lot of coaches do a great job but many are tarnishing the profession with politics and selflishness ! Every decision made by coach should be what's best for student athletes!

David has been doing that ever since HE started HIS site.

Had and will never have anything to do with what you or any of fan thinks about a new hire.

As far as being a "pro coach forum"...... Not really but bashing of a coach is frowned upon.

Carry on.

Wells has a chance to change the culture of LE athletics! Build the program from middle school to the high school. Instill pride and passion in the student athletes! Make your staff ACCOUNTABLE !!!! Are you strong enough to clean house and bring in passionate coordinators. Are you going to give in to the politics of not putting your best players on the field ? What about the other sports? Are you going to blame the kids when things get rough? Its time to man up! The community is watching!

David has been doing that ever since HE started HIS site.

Had and will never have anything to do with what you or any of fan thinks about a new hire.

As far as being a "pro coach forum"...... Not really but bashing of a coach is frowned upon.

Carry on.

you guys sure are sensitive. I am sure everybody knows it is his site and he can do what he wants. I havent bashed any coach on this site. In fairness to all that post on his forum there is more than the coaches side of these situations. How about looking out for these student athletes . Deleting informative post makes you guys look like your taking sides.

Wells has a chance to change the culture of LE athletics! Build the program from middle school to the high school. Instill pride and passion in the student athletes! Make your staff ACCOUNTABLE !!!! Are you strong enough to clean house and bring in passionate coordinators. Are you going to give in to the politics of not putting your best players on the field ? What about the other sports? Are you going to blame the kids when things get rough? Its time to man up! The community is watching!

We will see lol