Wells offered and accepts AD/FB Coaching Job at Liberty-Eylau...

Smoaky

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a message board last time I checked if the kids coaches parents etc... Want to create an account and join the discussion so be it..

People have bitten there tounge for so long about stuff that was going on hate you missed the thread but it was plenty of people with different opinions... On another note not one person bashed the school district

If you can't grasp that the things you have said have a negative impact on the school and their programs, and this is not the place to address your issues to make a valuable difference, then there is no use debating this with you. Continue to be a part of the problem.

If can't grasp that the things you have said have a negative impact on the school and their programs, and this is not the place to address your issues to make a valuable difference, then there is no use debating this with you. Continue to be a part of the problem.

Whatever I say won't matter at a school board meeting heck they're not gonna change anything we both know that so be it.. You probably don't even think there was a problem

I have an opinion on things that need improving, but never doubted that the school or coaches did everything that they did for the best interest of the school and kids.

Heck, rally the community to pass a bond to provide a better facility for these kids.

There seems to be a whole lot of "chatter" with no proof of anything!!! I have seen Cauley coach and i can pretty much tell you that no matter if he likes a kids parents or not if that is the best player at the time he will be the one on the field playing! I say "at the time" because things happen, grades, injuries and even other sports to interfere with a students inability to play. As far as the JV goes, why move Freshmen or Sophomores up to have them sit on the bench if a Senior or Junior is playing better and holding their spot on the field? Why not leave the underclassmen on the JV to gain playing time and get HS baseball experience? Which from my point of view appears to be what is happening. I think Wells is going to bring a breath of fresh air to the Leopards and as a fan I am excited to see it!!!

There seems to be a whole lot of "chatter" with no proof of anything!!! I have seen Cauley coach and i can pretty much tell you that no matter if he likes a kids parents or not if that is the best player at the time he will be the one on the field playing! I say "at the time" because things happen, grades, injuries and even other sports to interfere with a students inability to play. As far as the JV goes, why move Freshmen or Sophomores up to have them sit on the bench if a Senior or Junior is playing better and holding their spot on the field? Why not leave the underclassmen on the JV to gain playing time and get HS baseball experience? Which from my point of view appears to be what is happening. I think Wells is going to bring a breath of fresh air to the Leopards and as a fan I am excited to see it!!!

+1

I like Cauley also think he's an good up and coming coach and doing the best with what he's got

I have an opinion on things that need improving, but never doubted that the school or coaches did everything that they did for the best interest of the school and kids.

Heck, rally the community to pass a bond to provide a better facility for these kids.

That would be nice! But I believe they are already on that

That would be nice! But I believe they are already on that

I don't know Coach Wells so I can't pass judgment on him. If he's the same coach from Jacksonville that was giving Texas High interesting 1st round games back when they had their dynasty thing going on then he may be the guy to turn the program around.

If he's not there to help kids on and off the field, get into college, and not just ONE D1 player every few years then he should go elsewhere.

The kids need help and someone who believes in them. Theres no boys and girls club in Texarkana no more and every since it closed a while back, gangs, killings, robbings, etc have gone through the roof. Coaches have to realize they have the ability to give kids opportunities such as going to college. A chance is all kids really need, Teach them all how to be Men and not just your star players and I promise you that's where multiple state championships come from. Money shouldn't be an issue. These coaches had every other opportunity to do something else but they chose to coach so do your job Coach Wells. Put the right people in place that's going to help kids succeed and not just when its football season. Don't be like the previous coaches who only cared about a paycheck and not the kids!

K.A.L.E!!

finally got some understanding of the situation after some research. this kids PARENTS were not contacted by anyone one from jr tigers baseball organization. his father now is pretty upset after hearing that someone said they contacted his child and not his PARENTS. this to me seems a little out of order also. wiseguy you said you were there when the kid turned down offer? you never thought that the parents should be contacted about this type of decision? my source tells me this guy is steaming .

sharkbait ,have not bashed school or faculty. also I understand the definition of "fact" .people are fools if they don't think the student athlete don't already see and understand everything that's going on.you talk about staff and integrity, did you not see the front page of the gazette! i have not made one negative post. but i can tell by your tone you probably have or will benefit from whoever they hire for athletic or academic positions. Also these post don't have anything to do with shedding any negativity on our situation at LE . why don't you ask the people in the community that are not employees, coaches or board members. i live in the district and am taxpayer! i have been watching a lot of these same situations happen over and over again! been listening to the same excuses for years now ! people like you are part of the problems your kids get to play, win awards athletic and academic because you are an employee or family. THIS IS AN UNWRITTEN THING THAT IS KNOWN IN THE COMMUNITY ! IS EVERYBODY SUPPOSED TO BE BLIND OR JUST TOO DUMB TO SEE WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS! voice your concerns to the superintendent or board . really . sorry to tell you i live here we all know how well that works ! NEPOTISM is our district main problem!

IMO there are various scenarios. Definitely depends on his position and how he handles that particular position, is he versatile? Does he know the game?

Can he help the varsity? Can he hit varsity pitching? Can he bunt? etc, etc. I think each case is different.

Bowie4life just said heard he was leaving. you are way to sensitive ! Maybe you need to do a little research. You will find that he was looking to leave. I never said anything about underachieving. I know that basketball in east Texas is not at the level of the big city programs because of AAU and summer ball participation. I also know that the success LE has Y has nothing to do with coaching. Those kids are warriors! 3a basketball is tough now because a lot of the Houston and dfw inner city teams are in 3a or now 4a . these teams are full of AAU players which in turn makes it tough to get out of the regional tournaments. Let me ask you a question . what is the current coach level of basketball knowledge? We all know he is playing Cochran ball. That type of play doesn't work without talent.It can only take you so far because it work off ball pressure. Basketball is more than just ball pressure. You have to make in game adjustments and run offensive sets not just call plays for certain players instead of running play to get shots by all players. Also this style lacks defensive accountability. Defense is one the the keys to success in basketball. You

quote name="bowiecounty4life" post="2043909" timestamp="1395841794"]

Basketball coach isn't going anywhere. Why should he. They have had the most successful run in their school's history under the current coach. In no way have have they underachieved. Not even close. If you think that, you know nothing about the current state of 3A basketball in Texas.

Smh nobodys calling for his job hes good but What makes him great I garentee that they would've even been better if Richardson wouldn't have gotten in that mess

Leopard4life is right because if you know anything before Collvins got hired they had Coach Hook coaching for a year and half or so and he had the same succes just running just as Coachran and Collvins do they have really never played regular man defense..

Coachran does now time from time