Wells offered and accepts AD/FB Coaching Job at Liberty-Eylau...

Smoaky

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, what message are you sending by bringing in all football coaches? Is it because your job depends winning in football? If this is the reason what do you tell the student athletes and parents that don't play football? Dual position is a joke when it comes to other sports. They tell you what you want to hear until they get the job. Lol lol . Then the focus is on the only sport tied to the AD/HC job. But there are a few guys that bring in coaches that are sport specific. Need more of these brave guys!

Ex smarty pants get real. Your response let's me know alot of things . For one I said other sports, not just basketball. What about the parents that spend a lot of time and money on baseball in summer? Or summer track? Or summer basketball? Or summer softball? Let's take baseball a frequent topic on this forum. We all know consistent programs have real baseball coaches not just football coaches coaching baseball. At the end of the day you not cheating anyone but those student athletes that have worked their tails off all spring and summer to get better at their sport. You said move to Kansas for basketball . Where do these parents and student athletes need to move for baseball or any of the rest of the sports? Ex smarty pants

Ex smarty pants get real. Your response let's me know alot of things . For one I said other sports, not just basketball. What about the parents that spend a lot of time and money on baseball in summer? Or summer track? Or summer basketball? Or summer softball? Let's take baseball a frequent topic on this forum. We all know consistent programs have real baseball coaches not just football coaches coaching baseball. At the end of the day you not cheating anyone but those student athletes that have worked their tails off all spring and summer to get better at their sport. You said move to Kansas for basketball . Where do these parents and student athletes need to move for baseball or any of the rest of the sports? Ex smarty pants

While he may have been being a "smarty pants"(haven't heard that in 12-yrs) he was also telling the truth.

AD/HFC's get fired on how their football teams perform, not tennis team, not soccer team, not basketball team.... Just the way it is.

While he may have been being a "smarty pants"(haven't heard that in 12-yrs) he was also telling the truth.

AD/HFC's get fired on how their football teams perform, not tennis team, not soccer team, not basketball team.... Just the way it is.

I agree. An AD's not going to hire a head basketball/baseball/etc coach that has zero experience...but if it comes down to a basketball coach that is also a good football coach and one that isn't, it's pretty clear who he's going to hire.

• 2 months later...

Exactly why the AD and Head Coach of any sport duties should be separate. Some HFC/AD guys are fair and equitable, but most are not. I always find it humorous when some dude says move to Kansas or Indiana then later says that "the kids should come first." They really mean just certain kids.

Yes, the HFC will be judged by the football team, but I have never seen a HFC/AD in more hot water than the one I worked for years back who ticked off the girls' parents. Board meetings were very cheap entertainment and he got so sick of parent conferences that changes were made!

By the way, Coach Wells, whether deserved or not, has the reputation in the other-sports-not-named-football world of an anything-except-football sport killer. Good luck!!