Wells offered and accepts AD/FB Coaching Job at Liberty-Eylau...

Smoaky

KoolBreeze.....wow, that may be the most inaccurate post I have ever read.

Carson was wanted by D1 schools all over the country

In case you missed he broke a nice TD run in the chic fil a bowl game against Duke

Marqueston Huff is going to be drafted this year

Marquez Clark had an outstanding season.

I don't know enough about Collvins to really comment on that, but to say anything negative about Cochran's coaching ability

is just stupidity. His accomplishments speak for themselves. 9 straight trips to the regional tournament, etc.

From reading your post I feel as if you will be impossible to talk sense into....lol

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson and company were good athletes, but they weren't great. Not taking anything away from them, but they reapped the benefits of the 08 class resurgence of LE program which put LE back into being state ranked, state championships, and overall recognition. Not taking anything away from Carson, but any decent running back in the country could've came to LE and made a name for himself under Brady and company regime. LE averaged about 60 plays a games under Brady. 52 of them were all run plays. The last 8 plays were all passes in which he had to pass and players like Waller and Clark still average 50-60 yds/gm just off getting atleast 2 to 3 attemps out of those 8 passing plays. It makes you wonder what other players couldve actually been if all talent was used. Carson and Clark classes were all good, but they never won anything and for that you can't give them so much recognition because they got scholarships off a flawed system. Its not their fault tho!

As for basketball, to say Colvins is a great coach for what he accomplished is taking it way overboard. He inherited teams from Houff and Richardson that was bound to be good no matter the circumstances. If Richardson was never in trouble, that team of that year wouldve more than likely went all the way. People forget they still made it to regional semis. Same goes for Cochran who is not a great coach. All his teams were full of girls that played together since they were 5 year after year and wanted to play HS ball together. He didn't coach them. They only practiced during the period and never after school. His teams were always just more talented than other girls squad not because of his coaching skills but because those girls played together all their lives, but it showed when they played a team late in the playoffs who was not only good but also practiced after school and not just show up for games. No reason why LE girls shouldn't had atlease 5 State championships.

This is Fact! Not assumptions and here say like most of you are posting!

wow... although I disagree, I can actually see why someone could disagree with SOME stuff about football....

Richardson was an assistant, never a head coach.... and Coach K wasnt going to get LE past Madison and company.... "Richardson would've more than likely taken them all the way"<---- second dumbest thing ive ever heard...

behind the DUMBEST thing ive ever seen on smoaky, which is about Cochran... more regional tournament appearances than many coaches get wins in a season... absolutely works those girls tails off when they first get into 7th grade- HS.... unbelievable that anyone could insult his resume, and all the things he did for those girls and the community that supports LE....

LE 92, I apologize... you are a distant second for goofy LE posts compared to this nut job....

I don't know Coach Wells so I can't pass judgment on him. If he's the same coach from Jacksonville that was giving Texas High interesting 1st round games back when they had their dynasty thing going on then he may be the guy to turn the program around.

If he's not there to help kids on and off the field, get into college, and not just ONE D1 player every few years then he should go elsewhere.

The kids need help and someone who believes in them. Theres no boys and girls club in Texarkana no more and every since it closed a while back, gangs, killings, robbings, etc have gone through the roof. Coaches have to realize they have the ability to give kids opportunities such as going to college. A chance is all kids really need, Teach them all how to be Men and not just your star players and I promise you that's where multiple state championships come from. Money shouldn't be an issue. These coaches had every other opportunity to do something else but they chose to coach so do your job Coach Wells. Put the right people in place that's going to help kids succeed and not just when its football season. Don't be like the previous coaches who only cared about a paycheck and not the kids!

K.A.L.E!!

You are absolutely wrong when you say that the previous coaches didn't care. You have no idea of all of the things done behind the scene to help some of the kids. The meals bought,the rides home,the phone calls made for them and on and on. You should be ashamed to make a broad statement like that. I am not saying that every single coach in the last 10 years or so cared but the vast majority did.

KoolBreeze.....wow, that may be the most inaccurate post I have ever read.

Carson was wanted by D1 schools all over the country

In case you missed he broke a nice TD run in the chic fil a bowl game against Duke

Marqueston Huff is going to be drafted this year

Marquez Clark had an outstanding season.

I don't know enough about Collvins to really comment on that, but to say anything negative about Cochran's coaching ability

is just stupidity. His accomplishments speak for themselves. 9 straight trips to the regional tournament, etc.

From reading your post I feel as if you will be impossible to talk sense into....lol

Absolutely agree.

1st off, I never said the kids weren't good. I said they weren't great like most of you imply they were on here. If they were so "Great", they would have won more games and even made the playoffs point blank. It goes back to what I said in a previous post, if the kids are given a chance to get to the college level, they excel. Carson was good, but any decent Running Back could've gotten offers and recognition under Brady cause he ran the ball so much! That was my point. As far as Cochran goes, why you think he got all those accolades? Because of the girls talent level. Not because of his coaching abliities. If you think im lying and full of smoke, ask his former girl star players such as Farryn Cason, McIntrye, Cooper, etc. All of his girls came from the Boys & Girls club, played on all star teams, and played AAU ball before Cochran even knew who they was. He never practiced them after school or put in the extra work with them. They all will tell you. They were always more talented than majorilty of the teams they played. Its VERY WEIRD how one class puts LE back in the limelight and then the classes after that include these "Great" athletes/teams dont have anything to show for it such as District Championships, playoff appearances, state championships, and just overall wins but still manages to get D1 scholarships that the other class didn't except for 1 player(James). Reread my post, I am not taking anything away from them as I stated its not their faults and its true, they reapped the benefits from 08 class resurgence.

I know far more than any of you that thinks you know so much. You guys are just fans and think you know sports and what really went on the inside!! You're the idiots!!

You are absolutely wrong when you say that the previous coaches didn't care. You have no idea of all of the things done behind the scene to help some of the kids. The meals bought,the rides home,the phone calls made for them and on and on. You should be ashamed to make a broad statement like that. I am not saying that every single coach in the last 10 years or so cared but the vast majority did.

This is funny post. Name the coaches that supposedly cared! And im not talking about the ones that was at the bottom of ranks of the staff!! I've already addressed this issue on another post that Smoaky removed. But name the coaches so I can give you enlightment on them cause I know everything!! Trust me!! You know nothing!!! I was behind the scene!

wow... although I disagree, I can actually see why someone could disagree with SOME stuff about football....

Richardson was an assistant, never a head coach.... and Coach K wasnt going to get LE past Madison and company.... "Richardson would've more than likely taken them all the way"<---- second dumbest thing ive ever heard...

behind the DUMBEST thing ive ever seen on smoaky, which is about Cochran... more regional tournament appearances than many coaches get wins in a season... absolutely works those girls tails off when they first get into 7th grade- HS.... unbelievable that anyone could insult his resume, and all the things he did for those girls and the community that supports LE....

LE 92, I apologize... you are a distant second for goofy LE posts compared to this nut job....

Richardson was the head coach during 07/08 during James, Jones, Waller senior years and Clark sophomore and he didn't get to coach because of the mishap, but he was head coach. That year they lost to Roosevelt in the regional Semis. Madison wasn't very good until the next year. Colvins wasn't even coaching at LE then. Take the time to not only read someone's post but also comprehend what you're reading you idiot!!

This is funny post. Name the coaches that supposedly cared! And im not talking about the ones that was at the bottom of ranks of the staff!! I've already addressed this issue on another post that Smoaky removed. But name the coaches so I can give you enlightment on them cause I know everything!! Trust me!! You know nothing!!! I was behind the scene!

Coach Brady, coach Brown and coach Hooker

Richardson was the head coach during 07/08 during James, Jones, Waller senior years and Clark sophomore and he didn't get to coach because of the mishap, but he was head coach. That year they lost to Roosevelt in the regional Semis. Madison wasn't very good until the next year. Colvins wasn't even coaching at LE then. Take the time to not only read someone's post but also comprehend what you're reading you idiot!!

Correct Richardson was HC! But it no point in arguing with people from the outside friends, families, etc.. They are in Denial

LE92 "Smh nobodys calling for his job hes good but What makes him great I garentee that they wouldve been even better if Richardson wouldnt have gotten in that mess" (sorry for all the typo's, run-on's and miss spellings... wanted to quote you accurately...

then you refer to "Coachran" just running... (pretty sure he is one of, if not the most successful basketball coaches in NETX)

I'm not saying he's not good but you guys act like he's great

Almost Every year there he was at LE he was blessed with a D1 Player and good athletes this year was the first year since 97 in which the cup was dry and he fled! T-high girls were already good before he came they actually had identical records from last to this year.. Vince Minter stated the year before his last season that he was gonna run and press to use his Athletes as Cochran does and with the talent and athletes he turned T-highs girls around and retired.

Coach Brady, coach Brown and coach Hooker

LOL are you serious? Your kids must played with their kids or something! Where do I start?

None of them cared! They only knew the kids last name. They didn't know where they stayed or nothing! What are you talking about? I know most of the kids past and present on a personal level than they ever did. Please don't get these coaches truly exposed for the things they did. Im trying to be nice. You know honesty is not high on you guys priority list!!

coach wells you have my support. I believe you are the guy that can get it done! make the community proud and the student athletes and coaches accountable. and most importantly always do what is right for the student athletes. and I promise you these kids will work and play hard !

coach wells you have my support. I believe you are the guy that can get it done! make the community proud and the student athletes and coaches accountable. and most importantly always do what is right for the student athletes. and I promise you these kids will work and play hard !

They will definitely work hard and they deserve a good coach and I have a feeling that he's that guy

breeze and le92 understand everybody cant handle hearing their favorite guys are not who they think they are. a lot of people hear the stories about what these guys have done for the D1 players and think that they actually do this for all the players . they don't understand that D1 players go on these guys resume when applying for jobs. they don't want to hear that the legend with all the regional basketball appearances was there because these student athletes parents spent summers up and down the highways taking their kids to aau games and tournaments for years . they don't know his bball coaching peers call him the "the bus driver". they don't want to hear the boys bball coach is not the most qualified bball coach in the district. to be honest these attackers don't have a clue of what really has gone on in the community and district at all. so don't let these guys get under your skin because denial and sarcasim is all they have to stand on. they use the word negative more than a high school algebra teacher. LOL!!!!!!!!! they don't want to fix the problems by discussing them , they would rather put on a smile and keep covering them up.

Only thing Im going to add KoolBreeze is don't downplay those guys (Carson, Clark, etc) talent because of lack of playoff success.

It doesn't matter what high school player you have running the ball if the other team knows whats coming because it was the same plays

over and over again. You cant beat teams like Gilmer or Lovejoy with that mentality.

sharkbait ,have not bashed school or faculty. also I understand the definition of "fact" .people are fools if they don't think the student athlete don't already see and understand everything that's going on.you talk about staff and integrity, did you not see the front page of the gazette! i have not made one negative post. but i can tell by your tone you probably have or will benefit from whoever they hire for athletic or academic positions. Also these post don't have anything to do with shedding any negativity on our situation at LE . why don't you ask the people in the community that are not employees, coaches or board members. i live in the district and am taxpayer! i have been watching a lot of these same situations happen over and over again! been listening to the same excuses for years now ! people like you are part of the problems your kids get to play, win awards athletic and academic because you are an employee or family. THIS IS AN UNWRITTEN THING THAT IS KNOWN IN THE COMMUNITY ! IS EVERYBODY SUPPOSED TO BE BLIND OR JUST TOO DUMB TO SEE WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS! voice your concerns to the superintendent or board . really . sorry to tell you i live here we all know how well that works ! NEPOTISM is our district main problem!

As I can only assume with your use of the word nepotism, and the reference that I will somehow benefit from the selection of athletic or academic positions, that my child will be shown favoritism based on family ties. Unless he is trying out for cheerleader, I don't see how this will apply. But as you are so adamant of this self proclaimed facts it must be true. Furthermore, are you familiar with the steps taken by the administration to decide who to hire for this AD/Coaching position, and who was on the selection committee?

Only thing Im going to add KoolBreeze is don't downplay those guys (Carson, Clark, etc) talent because of lack of playoff success.

It doesn't matter what high school player you have running the ball if the other team knows whats coming because it was the same plays

over and over again. You cant beat teams like Gilmer or Lovejoy with that mentality.

I have to agree with you that 10' and 11' classes were as talented as they came and you can ask the rabbit about that they had Athletes everywhere vice versa 08 had Better more size and good Athletes I can't say that they were better but maybe they were as a team!

Put it like this

James vs Carson

Waller vs Clark

Vaughn vs Huff

Jones vs McKinley

Wigham vs Norman

All of those guys were studs just to name a few some better than other I will not pick dont want to down anyone..Carson in crew were definitely no slouch...

I will no longer participate on any of these message boards since I believe that they have no tangible purpose and have lost any entertainment value to me. If any of ya'll want to discuss sports, schools, or staff, my name is Justin Webb and can be found attending various LE events.

I will no longer participate on any of these message boards since I believe that they have no tangible purpose and have lost any entertainment value to me. If any of ya'll want to discuss sports, schools, or staff, my name is Justin Webb and can be found attending various LE events.

?? I hope your not talking to me if so you didn't read much of their conversation lol

I enjoy a good active thread. But slander, rumors, and name calling are not tolerated on this site. Please take that mess to your blogs, facebook, and the local barber shop to spread your dismay and rumors.

Enjoy your thread!