athletics director not letting kids practice baseball

dtadad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea what they are doing in the period. And you are right they chose to play baseball, they also chose to be in athletics. They are mutually exclusive you know? If the coach says boot camp, then boot camp it is. Don't like it..... choose to get out of athletics!!! At some point the kids need to realize that Athletics/sports are not a RIGHT, they are a priviledge. Those kids chose to play so they need to follow what the coaches say, or choose to not play.

You coming on here and complaining is crazy. Let your kid deal with adversity and maybe when he gets older he will be able to handle life when it isn't going the way he thinks (or you think) it should be.

Athletics period is for training athletes. Heavy lifting during baseball season is typically not recommended. But some speed lifting and agility workout's I have no problem with. The only issue we had in high school was that our athletics was the last period of the day. We were pure worn out going to baseball practice from the workout in athletics. Which isn't a bad thing but overuse of muscles can create unnecessary injuries. That would probably be the only downfall.

If they are appropriate to the sport in season the kids are involved. I suspect the lifting done for baseball is much different than football.

I suspect that too. But there is not enough time or space to do every individual a different workout. Kids are in athletics to become better athletes and lifting and running accomplishes that.

You have no idea what they are doing in the period. And you are right they chose to play baseball, they also chose to be in athletics. They are mutually exclusive you know? If the coach says boot camp, then boot camp it is. Don't like it..... choose to get out of athletics!!! At some point the kids need to realize that Athletics/sports are not a RIGHT, they are a priviledge. Those kids chose to play so they need to follow what the coaches say, or choose to not play.You coming on here and complaining is crazy. Let your kid deal with adversity and maybe when he gets older he will be able to handle life when it isn't going the way he thinks (or you think) it should be.

they chose athletics to play ball and to be taught not boot camp regardless. It's called offseason for a reason. It's obvious who's camp you are supporting.

Athletics period is for training athletes. Heavy lifting during baseball season is typically not recommended. But some speed lifting and agility workout's I have no problem with. The only issue we had in high school was that our athletics was the last period of the day. We were pure worn out going to baseball practice from the workout in athletics. Which isn't a bad thing but overuse of muscles can create unnecessary injuries. That would probably be the only downfall.

You are correct.... it is for training athletes. Not baseball. When you are in athletics train to be a better athlete and do the workouts that accomplish that. When you get to college or pro, then focus on baseball specific training. We are talking about high school kids here not college or pro.

Sorry but depending on the size of the school you will be doing universal lifting. If it is a 5A they will have a period for baseball so my guess it is not. If it is 3A or under then there is not enough kids or coaches to do sport specific lifting. Lifting is not the issue and the problem with this is parents think that college and pros dont do it, yet they have never been in a college baseball weight room. Heard parents say baseball kids should not squat, ok get into your car drive to any D1 program and see if they do. The lifting does not hurt them, stretch well afterwards.

very small poor school. But once again this not a workout thing it's not what there doing.

they chose athletics to play ball and to be taught not boot camp regardless. It's called offseason for a reason. It's obvious who's camp you are supporting.

You are right it is obvious!!!!! I have made myself very clear on whose camp.

You have no idea what Boot Camp entails and the reason behind it. Yet you come on here and condemn it. Like I said, go up there and watch it, ask the coach why he does it, and quit believing what a teenage kid says.

Support your kids and teach them that not everything gets to be how they would like it. Teach them that sacrifice and discipline and obedience and Respect will be what makes them successful in life.

And then ask yourself if maybe, just maybe that is what Boot Camp does for those kids. Maybe the coach has the exact same goals for your kid that you do.... He wants him to be successful in life.

You are right it is obvious!!!!! I have made myself very clear on whose camp.You have no idea what Boot Camp entails and the reason behind it. Yet you come on here and condemn it. Like I said, go up there and watch it, ask the coach why he does it, and quit believing what a teenage kid says.Support your kids and teach them that not everything gets to be how they would like it. Teach them that sacrifice and discipline and obedience and Respect will be what makes them successful in life.And then ask yourself if maybe, just maybe that is what Boot Camp does for those kids. Maybe the coach has the exact same goals for your kid that you do.... He wants him to be successful in life.

you keep saying kid? There are a lot of these kids saying the same thing and parent's

you keep saying kid? There are a lot of these kids saying the same thing and parent's

And you still haven't taken yourself up there and found out for yourself.

And I suspect neither have the other parents.

And I say kid because I am talking about your kid. Have you read anything I've said?

How is no athlete training going to improve these KIDS??

Read this and see if it answers your question......

You have no idea what Boot Camp entails and the reason behind it. Yet you come on here and condemn it. Like I said, go up there and watch it, ask the coach why he does it, and quit believing what a teenage kids say.

Support your kids and teach them that not everything gets to be how they would like it. Teach them that sacrifice and discipline and obedience and Respect will be what makes them successful in life.

And then ask yourself if maybe, just maybe that is what Boot Camp does for those kids. Maybe the coach has the exact same goals for your kid that you do.... He wants him to be successful in life.

Maybe discipline and responsibility are the issues the AD feels he needs to address to make the PROGRAM better......

Then he will tackle the other stuff.

it's obvious the only goal is to do away with baseball and basketball.

By what you have wrote I do see how it is obvious. And again have you spoke to the baseball coach and why he practices only 1 1/2 hours????????

Stop side stepping and answer what people write. You won't because you can't. Just admit that and say you need more information.

it's not the baseball coach it's the AD that is doing this.

Sounds to me this school has some parents with whining issues. This isnt the same school that cried bully is it? Nothing wrong with a little boot camp during athletic period. Kids need to be disciplined. Baseball is an after school sport. Your crying about 1 and half isnt long enough after school. But what the heck are you going to get done during a 50 minute athletic period trying to practice baseball. By the time all the kids get on the diamond and warm up its useless...

I have been a part of both situations. I am all for ALL kids being in the same lifting program.. However, I do have a problem when it is not done as religiously during football season as the rest of the year. I have never been part of a program that lifted on Fridays before a football game yet it seems to be no problem whatsoever for other sports. If you are going to lift, lift the same through all sports.....EVEN football. Don't know much about this case, but am curious as to whether football practices during the athletic period. If they do then there is a legitimate gripe. If not, then it might be best to stay out of the coaches program.

Listen Fellas this is TEXAS! football is king and will always be KING. If your Athletic Director is the Head football coach then deal with it. There are certain schools out there that their basketball/baseball coach is AD and things are a bit different. I agree game days fine go throw, hit whatever you gotta do. But on Non-Game days their just like everybody else an athlete and will perform in Athletics what is on task for that day. The problem our society today has is that it allows the kids way too much pull in opinions and griping. Put a NAIL in the coffin boys the day where if a couple of kids dont like what is going on and get something stopped..

I have been a part of both situations. I am all for ALL kids being in the same lifting program.. However, I do have a problem when it is not done as religiously during football season as the rest of the year. I have never been part of a program that lifted on Fridays before a football game yet it seems to be no problem whatsoever for other sports. If you are going to lift, lift the same through all sports.....EVEN football. Don't know much about this case, but am curious as to whether football practices during the athletic period. If they do then there is a legitimate gripe. If not, then it might be best to stay out of the coaches program.

yep they practice football during this period during football season.