athletics director not letting kids practice baseball

dtadad

yep they practice football during this period during football season.

Then baseball should be allowed to practice as well in-season.

Listen Fellas this is TEXAS! football is king and will always be KING. If your Athletic Director is the Head football coach then deal with it. There are certain schools out there that their basketball/baseball coach is AD and things are a bit different. I agree game days fine go throw, hit whatever you gotta do. But on Non-Game days their just like everybody else an athlete and will perform in Athletics what is on task for that day. The problem our society today has is that it allows the kids way too much pull in opinions and griping. Put a NAIL in the coffin boys the day where if a couple of kids dont like what is going on and get something stopped..

Texas and being KING has nothing to do with it. It should be about all sports being afforded the best opportunity to win. When football lifts on "KING's Day," then we can talk.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyday? If so how do they ever get faster and stronger? Or was it certain days? Was it Thursday and Friday? Or Monday to Friday? All important questions. The answered to these can lead you to supt and complain or end with you having no argument.

And I will also ask again have you spoke to the baseball coach about the short practice time?

the baseball coach is told what to do by the AD. He would rather practice baseball. But in fear of his job won't scuffle

Kenny with other things he has written I would not jump so far out there. Did they practice football on Thursday and Friday during period, if so same as baseball getting them game day. He has not shown that his information is credible. Now if they practice Monday -Wednesday during period he has a legit argument that is hard for AD to win.

Mon through Thursday Friday walk through practice. No need to have credibility. It is what it ia. In baseball season it should be dedication for the ones who play baseball.

Then baseball should be allowed to practice as well in-season.

Texas and being KING has nothing to do with it. It should be about all sports being afforded the best opportunity to win. When football lifts on "KING's Day," then we can talk.

Every Game day the football team is off they put into it during Early August.

You sure keep side stepping this. The AD tells him to practice 1 1/2 hours is that correct or not simple question and has zero to do with the period. Does AD tell him no Saturday practice? Never ever ever seen an AD say you can only practice from this time to this time in a coaches sport. Seen them step in and say you are over doing it and flirting with 8 hour rule. But again you really have no answer for this but choose to keep trying to fight the fight.

still referring to athletics last period.

Kenny with other things he has written I would not jump so far out there. Did they practice football on Thursday and Friday during period, if so same as baseball getting them game day. He has not shown that his information is credible. Now if they practice Monday -Wednesday during period he has a legit argument that is hard for AD to win.

Totally agree BTex. I would have to know way more about the situation to really get into a discussion about it. I just have a problem with weightlifiting being mandatory during all seasons...except football. As for myself, I believe that if they aint lifting....they aint winning cause everyone else is getting stronger and faster.

If it is the case you have a valid argument, set up a meeting with AD, principal, and supt.

This would also mean that your school does not lift during the year. Which would be the bigger complaint I would have. No way you can compete at a high level and never lift.

this has already been to the AD and superintendent. Was shot down and never got to the school board.

If it is the case you have a valid argument, set up a meeting with AD, principal, and supt.

This would also mean that your school does not lift during the year. Which would be the bigger complaint I would have. No way you can compete at a high level and never lift.

Hard to think that Colleges will be looking for players that just like to play the sport and not put the other work that goes into it. Sorry Fellas to burst your bubble but weight lifting and conditioning continues on!!!

Then give baseball a few weeks of 2 a days and early practice to get ready .

Talk to the UIL about that..

this has already been to the AD and superintendent. Was shot down and never got to the school board.

seems to me you've hit a snag in your logic of thinking. Best bet is to move on from this or move on to a different education program. But then again your not moving because of academics your moving for athletic purposes

The baseball coach has been spoken to at this school...The boys are not beign limited to 1 1/2 hour practice...the issue is the boys are being "REQUIRED" to do football strength training everyday not only for the athletic period but as an extra 30 minutes after the period before they can attend their baseball practice. This has NEVER been the situation in this school, it is a small school and when it is basketball season or baseball season you have always moved on to that sport during your athletic period. This is a "NEW" thing that has just been applied this year. The coaches that are appling this rule or only focusing on football training and strengthing. Mater of fact the coaching staff passed out football jerserys this week for the kids to wear during workouts. There is a difference between motivation and bootcamp. Most kids play sports in high school out of fun and enjoyment, not for boot camp. I understand a strength training day for any sport but not being allowed to practice at the practice time is insane. This is a small school....no one from this school has even signed on with an type of big named school nor will they probably ever

As far as the email from the colleges...This info was not told out by a kid...it was never stated that a or the kids where looking or seen the emails. That info was told by a parent to other parents.

Sorry Dat but according to him they do not lift in football, and since they are doing a boot camp with no lifting (never seen this) they obviously do not lift year round......which is the bigger problem.

As for this has already been to AD and Supt, from what you write it is obvious you do not like AD, but you do like baseball coach. Yet the baseball guy is cheating your kids by only doing 1 1/2 hour practices. You do not want to confront him because my guess is you talk to him a lot and consider him a friend. Other wise speak to him about why he is not practicing MORE. The lack of practice time has nothing to do with the period and everything to do with baseball coach. But if it were me I would ask AD why your kids never lift weights..........

I've never said they don't weights. A lot come in. The morning and lift. But I'm reefing to baseball season and the not practicing or doing any weight , skills, strengthen at all during athletics.

The baseball coach has been spoken to at this school...The boys are not beign limited to 1 1/2 hour practice...the issue is the boys are being "REQUIRED" to do football strength training everyday not only for the athletic period but as an extra 30 minutes after the period before they can attend their baseball practice. This has NEVER been the situation in this school, it is a small school and when it is basketball season or baseball season you have always moved on to that sport during your athletic period. This is a "NEW" thing that has just been applied this year. The coaches that are appling this rule or only focusing on football training and strengthing. Mater of fact the coaching staff passed out football jerserys this week for the kids to wear during workouts. There is a difference between motivation and bootcamp. Most kids play sports in high school out of fun and enjoyment, not for boot camp. I understand a strength training day for any sport but not being allowed to practice at the practice time is insane. This is a small school....no one from this school has even signed on with an type of big named school nor will they probably ever

As far as the email from the colleges...This info was not told out by a kid...it was never stated that a or the kids where looking or seen the emails. That info was told by a parent to other parents.

My question to you is how is your football program record wise? and is this AD new?

the issue is the boys are being "REQUIRED" to do football strength training everyday not only for the athletic period but as an extra 30 minutes after the period before they can attend their baseball practice.

This is the only legitimate complaint I see if it is actually true... He can't "REQUIRE" anything for football after school

This is the only legitimate complaint I see if it is actually true... He can't "REQUIRE" anything for football after school

Vernon is right. This is the one thing I see that troubles it all. In school time its fine but after school only thing that should be required is the stuff that the kid does for their spring sport.

The boys are being required to stay till 4 even on days that there is not after school practice. After football was over most kids moved to offseason. When the bell rang if they choose to leave to ride the bus home etc. there were rude comments made to the kids by the coaches. These are grown men teaching high school kids. These coaches are suppose to be role models not drill sargents. The sports program will end up failing because kids will end up quiting.

If the kids play football, it is completely normal for them to be in football offseason during their athletic period and then go to their other sports after school.... Most schools do this!

so back to the original question. Who to contact above the superintendent?

Just a quick question then I'll let y'all get back to the entertaining stuff.

Girls.... Do they have to go through a boot camp since they are in athletics??

so back to the original question. Who to contact above the superintendent?

Obama

I chose to play football and run track in high school. I knew I was going to have lift and then go to track practice and there was nothing I could. Sine I wanted to do both I knew that's what I had to do. You and your son need to stop crying. If you and your son have I problem with it pick one sport or just shut up and do what you have to do.