Tuesday's scores:

• Atlanta 4, PG 2
  • NL 4, L-E 1
  • Pitt 11, Paris 0

Friday's games:

• NL at Atlanta for early district lead
  • Pitt at L-E
  • PG at Paris (for the district cellar)

Synopsis: This will be a crazy chase this year. Each team is capable of knocking off any other team in the district on a given night. I wouldn't write off PG just yet, but you have to wonder if the unsettled coaching situation has affected the season. My current pick would be Atlanta, but you could make a case for any team except Paris, and possibly L-E.

LE has a good chance to win anytime RIgsby is on the mound, if he isn't pitching then they are nowhere near as good of a ball team.

Atlanta seems to be pretty salty this year. This group of seniors at Atlanta has played a LOT of competitive summer ball the last few years

and it is definitely showing now. They have made incredible improvements.

I think PG is in a state of shock right now realizing they are not the PG of the past 6 years.

Don't know much about Paris, NL, or Pitt.

Pleasant Grove edged Paris, 5-4, last night. North Lamar at Atlanta was postponed to 1 p.m. Saturday. I assume the Pittsburg @ Liberty-Eylau game was postponed, too.

PG was incredibly close to going 0-3 in district. Hawks jumped out to 4-0 lead in the first only to see Paris claw back against Bayless. Jake Clark pitched complete game for Paris and had a 2-run homer.

Maybe the Hawks turn the corner and find a groove, but they looked flat to me and not nearly as dangerous from top to bottom like they've been in recent years. Bayless was hit-able. He wasn't last year.

Pitt beat LE 5-3 in 11 innings last night. Both Rigsby and Pitt's starter threw 9 innings tied at 3-3 when they left the mound.

Pitt should have won this game in 7, very bad call against them. umpire said runner did not touch home plate, even though i watched him step right on it.

But, Pitt still came out with the win. We (LE) couldnt survive against Pitt very long without Rigsby on the mound. He finished with 14 strikeouts.

Friday's results:

• Pleasant Grove 3, Pittsburg 1 (Trey Jeans picks up his first pitching win of year in typical PG small ball fashion)
  • Liberty-Eylau 5, Atlanta 2 (Javon Rigsby gets his 2nd big district win)
  • Paris 6, North Lamar 1 (Jake Clark outduels Daniel Gibbons in battle of fellow West Point signees)

Current standings:

• North Lamar 3-1
  • PG, Pitt, L-E, Atlanta 2-2
  • Paris 1-3

Tuesday's games:

• NL @ PG
  • Pitt @ Atlanta
  • L-E @ Paris

Synopsis: This race is wide open and competitive. Paris has dropped a couple of 1-run decisions in district, but looked really sharp last night to keep NL from gaining a 2-game lead. Everybody could be bunched within a game of the top spot by Wednesday.

Tuesday's results:

• Pleasant Grove 5, North Lamar 4
  • Paris 10, Liberty-Eylau 4
  • I heard that Atlanta beat Pittsburg, but I don't have a score

Which would mean at the midpoint of the race, just 1 game separates all 6 schools: PG, NL, Atlanta all 3-2...Paris, L-E, Pitt all 2-3. There is a potential for a 6-way tie for first after Friday's games.

Friday's games (probables):

• L-E (Rigsby) @ PG (Jeans)
  • Atlanta (Thomas) @ Paris (Clark)
  • NL (Gibbons) @ Pitt (Colbert)

<p>

Friday's results:

• Pleasant Grove 13, Liberty-Eylau 2
  • North Lamar 4, Pittsburg 1
  • Paris 1, Atlanta 0
Standings:
  • PG & NL 4-2
  • Paris & Atlanta 3-3
  • Pitt & L-E 2-4
Tuesday's games:
  • PG @ Atlanta
  • NL @ L-E
  • Pitt @ Paris
So did Jeans and Rigsby both pitch on Friday?

Tuesday's scores:

• Pleasant Grove 2, Atlanta 0
  • North Lamar 14, Liberty-Eylau 0
  • Pittsburg 5, Paris 4 (3rd 1-run loss by the Cats in district)

Standings:

• PG & NL 5-2
  • Atlanta, Pitt, Paris 3-4
  • L-E 2-5

Friday's Games:

• Paris @ PG
  • Atlanta @ NL
  • L-E @ Pitt

PG and NL have clinched playoff spots. They meet in final game Friday, April 25, that will have title implications. NL won the first meeting and has the tiebreaker edge.

The other four are still chasing the final two playoff berths.

Remaining games:

• Tuesday: Pitt (4-4) @ PG (6-2); NL (6-2) @ Paris (3-5); L-E (2-6) at Atlanta (3-5)
  • Friday: Paris at L-E; PG at NL; Atlanta at Pittsburg

PG and NL have clinched playoff spots. They meet in final game Friday, April 25, that will have title implications. NL won the first meeting and has the tiebreaker edge.

PG won the first game vs NL...