Is the Derrick still Standing

sackem

After the Girls points came in for the Field Events the Derrick could be leaning a bit.

Tatum Girls 1st place 72 points

White Oak Girls 2nd place 50 points

Jefferson 3rd place 27 points

Add the Middle school results and you can even see it.

Tatum Varsity Boys District Champions

Tatum Varsity Girls District Champions

Tatum JV Boys District Champions

They couldn't defend it the Derrick fell.

If I gave the score Not to Old would say we were running the score up.

Tatum Varsity Boys District Champions

Tatum Varsity Girls District Champions

Tatum JV Boys District Champions

They couldn't defend it the Derrick fell.

If I gave the score Not to Old would say we were running the score up.

It's bc we have all these transfer students...

No surprise here tatum is a track powerhouse. How close was Jefferson for Varsirty boys?

V boys

Tatum 193

Jefferson 120

JV boys

Tatum 248

WO 83

V girls

Tatum 169

WO 110

Tatum didn't win a single relay which is shocking. 4x1 and 4x2 usually go to Jefferson and they did but the 4x4 team ran almost 5 seconds off season best. Looks like there was a different group running compared to the four that ran at Texas Relays.

Only one event Tatum didn't get points in and that's pole vault.

EF had some dude win the 100 and 200.

Gonna be some good races next week in Tatum.

V boys

Tatum 193

Jefferson 120

JV boys

Tatum 248

WO 83

V girls

Tatum 169

WO 110

Tatum didn't win a single relay which is shocking. 4x1 and 4x2 usually go to Jefferson and they did but the 4x4 team ran almost 5 seconds off season best. Looks like there was a different group running compared to the four that ran at Texas Relays.

Yes that EF guy was fast, don't remember him from football.

Congrats to the Eagles for winning Dist Championship! Seemed like each running event there were at least 3 green shirts running in the finals. Speed kills! Necks made a good showing, and Jefferson had plenty of speed as well.

V boys

Tatum 193

Jefferson 120

JV boys

Tatum 248

WO 83

V girls

Tatum 169

WO 110

Hag is well-known for shuffling kids in multiple events. Have to admit, even with that, I was suprised at Jeff winning 1600 relay. But was more shocked at Jeff kid winning the 400. Was also suprised at the results from district 19. Not nearly as good as we are accustomed to.

Hag is well-known for shuffling kids in multiple events. Have to admit, even with that, I was suprised at Jeff winning 1600 relay. But was more shocked at Jeff kid winning the 400. Was also suprised at the results from district 19. Not nearly as good as we are accustomed to.

The 400 kid from Jefferson has been running well all year. I'm not really all that surprised by him winning. Next week will be fun when he and Roberson got at it again.

Only thing that impressed me with D19 is the Houston kid in the hurdles.

Also be surprised to see 3 teams go sub 3:28 next week in the 4x4.

Like you said Hag is known for changing things up. I look for Tatum to make a statement in the 4x4. Home track, lots of adrenaline... Sub 3:25 ??

Actually, he ran his 1st open quarter of the year last week at QCity. Been hurt, quad i think Coach said. 1600 relay could get REAL interesting with Hooks, dfield, Tatum and Jeff

Thanks. Didn't know how long he ran the open quarter. Just knew he had a good time in the paper.

Jefferson has run 42.04 in 4 x 100. Tatum has run 3:25 in 4 x 400. Both, year in and year out, quality times at state. 21.8 in 200, 10.7 in 100. 40 in 300 hurdles, 50 in 400. All in district 20. Pretty quality performances where i sit.