Crockett

bulldogfan12

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westcoast54 your instincts on the administrator were accurate. The new superintendent is a good one and he will do everything possible to have a good program. Due to the downward spiral in population Crockett may not be what it once was. I saw the Bulldogs play early this season and that was the weakest Crockett team I have ever seen. However, only one or two seniors were on the roster. I'm sure the last coach was establishing discipline that led to those low numbers. Hopefully the next coach will reap the benefits.

I Know a guy that would make a great fit in Crockett has won everywhere he has went and installs discipline currently out of coaching. Coach Jimmy Thompson would make a great fit there he believes in getting the best out of his kids.

I figure JT ... closer to home which is good for his plan ... knowing that new sup was once at MtP, I'm assuming same time as JT ... and also assuming that other JT at CHS may have worked with this JT on the other side of Tantabogue Creek (that would be pronounced TANNYBO for you ferners) might help too ... good fit ...

Is he still running the same 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense and the QB running to the sidelines after every play slow down offense? lol

Said he is still 80% run, but will work out of the spread. Will look a lot like Auburn...

When the state school shut down, a lot of families had to leave Crockett in search of new jobs. Add that to a lot of students transferring to other county schools, it has really taken a toll on Crockett football.

A new private juvenile facility company has moved in and reopened the state school. They have recently met some resistance from a Senator in Houston, but look to be moving past that, and will be fully operational soon. That should be a big boost, bringing a lot of jobs back into the county.

Would that help the discipline at the school? :)

Said he is still 80% run, but will work out of the spread. Will look a lot like Auburn...

Hopefully he either signals the plays in or has receivers run them in, I remember a lot of delay of game penalties because they couldn't get the plays snapped in time.

Crockett has never had much discipline in their schools. Some parents send their kids to Latexo, Lovelady, etc. due to that. They want their kid educated instead of sitting in classrooms with gang members. They usually have the athletes but fail to win because the kids are not disciplined and are allowed to do as they please. Any aspiring coach should run fast in the opposite direction.