The Official Mariners @ Rangers 4-Game Series Thread (4/14-4/17)

cheaptrick77

Kouz ended the spring being an error machine, he has to play right now because Beltre is out. There is no other option. As for his bat he is hot now, but lets see where he is when Beltre comes back. Smoak was hot for the M's but look at him now. Baseball is not a game you can judge on a very limited picture.

Also on your last point, again big picture not small sample. Andrus has a .957 fielding %, has huge range, and plays SS.

The point on Beltre, so your saying you think Kouz is better than him???? How many balls does Beltre get to that Kouz never even sniffs due to the difference in range? Kouz has done a great job filling in and yes should be on the MLB roster, but once Beltre comes back where does he play?

By the way while doing your stats game it the fielding % thats important, if you have no errors in 10 chances and another has 1 error in 200 who is better? I am going with the 200 guy.

Idk if you watch the games or not, but Beltre doesn't have near the range he used to have. Just saying.

Kouz can't maintain the pace he's hitting at right now. Never has for his career and won't start now going down the backside of his career. If Profar doesn't go down, they don't have to keep two 2nd basemen and there's room for Kouz to spell Beltre every now and again and get some DH in.

I was at the game last night. One heck of a game. The fan running on the field and humping the air was entertaining. But I admit, something us fans shouldn't cheer on.

I was glad I got to see two of the top Pitchers in Baseball go at it. And a walk off win is always a plus! Lets get a win today as well!

sure would of hate to be Miller last night in that Seattle locker room! How do you goof up a toss to 2nd that would have end the game?

When the ball was hit to him, I just knew that was the last out. Bet he was kicking himself in the a## after the game.

Were you close enough to see how big the drop was on The King's pitches?

I was in section 24 row 24. The right section behind home plate. Still pretty dang close but not directly behind home. His pitches from where I was sitting looked nasty, a lot of our guy missing big time on the swings. His drop on his pitches looked pretty wicked. Wish my seats were more directly behind the plate.

You had great seats. On TV he made guys look silly, wish I could have seen that in person.

Yeah when I first sat down in my seats I was like wow, these seats to see these two pitchers go at it. I was very pleased. I paid $37.50 a ticket on stubhub.com

I've found that Wednesday games are the cheapest along with it being $1 hotdog night.

Where are all the guys who were talking about how bad it was to get rid of Gentry? How Martin was not ready to be the full time CF? I know it is early but after last year and what he has done to start this year is there any doubt he is a very good players? I still stand by my statement that I believe he has a great shot to be one of top CF in game.

Well I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I was unhappy that we got rid of Gentry but it had nothing to do with Leonys Martin.