The Official Rangers @ Athletics 3-Game Series Thread (4/21-4/23)

cheaptrick77

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreland goes up 3-0 and watched the next, understandable. He's late on the 3-1, which is 89 and then takes strike 3 down the middle. This guy is clueless and I don't understand what JD sees in him? He's a below average defensive 1st basemen who can't hit velo...

Agree 100%. How you don't protect the plate with 2 strikes always baffles me, especially when the pitch is right down the middle.

Wash what are you thinking? Throw the sac bunt down with choice in the 7th inning. He hasnt been swinging the stick well all day and u let him ground into a double play!

Choice has been swinging just fine up to this game. Plus he has deep alley power. I am sure Ron told him to ground into a double play it was getting late.

Choice has been swinging just fine up to this game. Plus he has deep alley power. I am sure Ron told him to ground into a double play it was getting late.

You go by what has happened through out the game when making a decision that could win or lose the ball game. Just like Mitch's Pinch hit, he could of made the call to sac bunt with Choice. Its just smart baseball with 0 outs to sac bunt the guy on first over with a hitter like choice. would we have scored if he did that I dont know but at the time in that game especially the 7th you have to be thinking advancing the runner.

Second best record in AL.

1/2 game back in Division.

At start of season with all of our injuries, and what is it.. 10 of our guys on the DL?? I would never have believed our team would be in the position they are in now. This team has some damn GUTS!!!

Plus with Perez on the bump today, I like our chances.

Footballfan11, if you had been paying attention, Crisp was not the guy to pitch to in that situation and he made us pay for it. The guy behind Crisp, Jaso, had already struck out his first time up against Darvish. And Darvish made him look silly on a strikeout right after Crisps hit and then a third time later in the game. Jaso was the guy to go after in that situation, not Crisp.

Second best record in AL.

1/2 game back in Division.

At start of season with all of our injuries, and what is it.. 10 of our guys on the DL?? I would never have believed our team would be in the position they are in now. This team has some damn GUTS!!!

Plus with Perez on the bump today, I like our chances.

+1

Footballfan11, if you had been paying attention, Crisp was not the guy to pitch to in that situation and he made us pay for it. The guy behind Crisp, Jaso, had already struck out his first time up against Darvish. And Darvish made him look silly on a strikeout right after Crisps hit and then a third time later in the game. Jaso was the guy to go after in that situation, not Crisp.

You sound like you would be a hell of a Manager!

Hope you have that crystal ball in your lap when you are managing the game. You will never lose a game 162-0!!

You judge by only the last at bat also. Brilliant