Whats going on in Winona

itsallheart

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned last Friday that Scott Evans had been removed as A.D. at Winona and that Tracy Kincade was given the job. Kincade is the girls basketball coach that came from Rusk. Knowing Coach Evans for many years..................Winona administration what are you thinking?

A terrible blunder by the Winona administration. Huge. Though certainly young, Evans is the kinda coach who will eventually have a stadium named after him somewhere. Big mistake on Winona ISD's part.

I understand that Kincade's brother will be the Head Football Coach. Coach Evans has been loyal to that district and you will not find a better man. I am having a hard time figuring this one out. Somebody help me.

What happened is that Winona is one of those places that is going to screw things up. ESPECIALLY if things might be looking like they are going to turn around.

Man I know of some other places that are prone to shoot themselves in the foot.

I do know Coach Kincaide and he is an EXCELLENT girls B-ball coach. Have not seen him coach football. He is also a good man, for what it's worth. And I know nothing of the previous AD/ HFC. But, yes, Winona seems to be one of those places that can't stand success.

I understand that Kincade's brother will be the Head Football Coach. Coach Evans has been loyal to that district and you will not find a better man. I am having a hard time figuring this one out. Somebody help me.

Rule 6 of the School Administrator's Guide to Decision-Making says "Loyalty from an employee to the Administration is a must; Loyalty from the Administration to the Employee is a matter of temporary

convenience."

Rule 6 of the School Administrator's Guide to Decision-Making says "Loyalty from an employee to the Administration is a must; Loyalty from the Administration to the Employee is a matter of temporary

convenience."

Wow!!! You are exactly correct!!! Hope you don't mind if I borrow that!!!!

I have major issues with several on the school board and the administration who think they know whats best. They have know idea what actually goes on and how well someone actually does their job. They need to come down out of their "Ivory Tower." He has only been AD for 3 years and was forced to resign after breaking several playoff droughts including a 18 year football drought and baseball team made playoffs in 2012-2013 and then he lost all coaches but 2 because of administrations agenda. Football last year lost a leader, to an injury, the first district game and they fell apart after that. Its not what is best for the kids, but who does what administration wants. Once again the kids have to suffer, no one asked them what they thought. Scott is a great coach and even better man. I know he did an excellent job with the kids. He is fair and consistent and doesn't tolerate bad behavior even if it means losing. He will make someone a great AD.

It's a sad day for Winona. Not only a great coach, but a superior teacher and a class act. The program has more playoff teams and more teams one blip from the playoffs than it's had in years. Football team went to playoffs for first time in almost 2 decades. After having to rebuild the entire staff this year (not his choice), he had a team with significantly inferior talent and experience from the year before miss the playoffs by one game. Took team to playoffs with a QB who hadn't really taken a snap before. The year before Evans became Head Coach, the kids were getting their brains beat out and sitting on their helmets on the sideline by the time the 4th quarter came around, and most of the crowd was gone after the band played at halftime. In Evans' first year, they were still getting beaten but the crowds were sticking around because the kids were giving 100% until the final whistle. Then the next year, playoffs. We all knew this last year was rebuilding and then starting over with only 1 assistant coach from the year before it was an even bigger challenge. Still, the team was one game from playoffs.

It's been a good year for Winona athletics, the best its been in years, but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth if I'm being honest. Apparently raising the level of the program, improving the discipline, all while being the AD/HFC and still teaching and being an overall class act is not what they are looking for. The only man I know that might have a higher level of integrity than Scott Evans has is C.R. Evans, his father, the Mayor of Overton and one of the classiest guys on the planet.

Scott Evans will be much better off, but Winona will not be.

Don't see them going far. I would not be surprised if 3 of the 4 teams from 18-2a lose round one: very even district, no dominant team.

Here I am trying to have a positive thought for Winona with all the negative comments about Winona here.

wish we could get a score on the Troup /Sabine game.

I can kinda understand not coming out of Troup, cell & internet service slow there; lot of time they have to run over to Arp to get word out.

But Sabine if they won District , I would think they would be shouting from the roof tops.