Teague

Coach0001

I would be very suprised if Hennigan isn't on the staff since his wife has already taken a job with Teague ISD. But in my opinion it could be a little awkward for the new HC knowing one of his assistants was in line for his job...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very suprised if Hennigan isn't on the staff since his wife has already taken a job with Teague ISD. But in my opinion it could be a little awkward for the new HC knowing one of his assistants was in line for his job...

he already is and Coach Osborn isn't scared to add him. Welcome Coach Hennigan to the Lions family

Coach Osborn has never done anything wrong in that way. you have your facts wrong

You must be hiding under a rock. Shall we name nanes? An athletes mom etc....

Coach Osborn has never done anything wrong in that way. you have your facts wrong

You must be hiding under a rock. Shall we name nanes? An athletes mom etc....

Maybe hiring Hennigan as the OC is setting him up to take over when Osborn retires...sounds like he is getting close to retiring age.

It is a wonder why coach in his right mind would want to coach there.

Backroom, politics, back stabbing school board members, wanna be coaches in the QB club, idiot parents in the stands.

It is a wonder why coach in his right mind would want to coach there.

Backroom, politics, back stabbing school board members, wanna be coaches in the QB club, idiot parents in the stands.

What happened this week will scare away any good coaches for a long time.

u are dumb for real

Not really. I just happen to know more than you think.

I can start naming names and pull skeletons out of closets, but we will not go there.

Teague has lost all credibility with coaches with this good ole boy, back door hiring process.

You may have got the coach you wanted, but for how long?

and please don't tell us, "He will be around for a long time" because we all know how it will turn out.

I guess the guys on staff that have been loyal to your school and community that got picked over by a person in admin really feeling great about that choice but no surprises here

There is a certain circle in Teague that takes care of itself and steps on whoever is in the way

No doubt I bet the admin of 14 years and coach of 12 years with 1 playoff win as the dc knows exactly what he's getting into and what's best for the kids better than someone that has actually been around these kids in athletics and on the playing fields on a daily basis

I thought some of you local Teague posters were talking about a coach on staff the kids loved and would work for and I don't remember it being the HS principal

It really doesn't matter though what I have to say just putting my thoughts out there and watching this soap opera play out

Good luck to the lions and the new AD

Also hope the coaches on staff there that have had to go home and tell there families for the last 4 or 5 springs in a row (well it looks like we have to move because of new blood coming in) good luck in finding a place that actually cares about you your families and athletics not just athletics

and yes I know it is part of the business for you people that choose to go into this profession but wow have things changed since my days of coaching

Yes I must admit Teague has dropped the ball on hiring coaches and nearly dropped the ball again. Donnie Osborn will have those kids running through a wall before its all said and done. What he has done in the past hasnt affected his job performance. "He is without sin let him cast the first stone" He has been around these kids and coached or taught most of their parents. In my opinion he should have gotten the job after Coach Hayes left. I aso agree that it seems like Teague is full of drama. Like I stated earlier once he shakes the rust off watch the physical new look Lions. Keep all the negative thoughts about Teague's new AD to yourself. If you have any questions or concerns MAN UP and say it to directly to him. You bitter ex employees are killing me.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks because we here in Teague Tx have the leader we always wanted.

Where have I have seen this post before? Oh yeah, 2 years ago about this time, and a year before that about this same time...prolly gonna see it again next year about this time...I hope your new AD can win his SECOND playoff game this year...

Where have I have seen this post before? Oh yeah, 2 years ago about this time, and a year before that about this same time...prolly gonna see it again next year about this time...I hope your new AD can win his SECOND playoff game this year...

And first playoff win as a head coach. I'm glad the Teague faithful are fired up about this guy....I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see how this is going to turn out well.

Think BACK-UP QB. Dude was everyone's favorite coach when he was an assistant. Became Principal and got out of coaching. Everyone in town loves him cuz he "was their favorite" and wanted him to come back coaching. Now they get him and he is everyone's homer pick. Problem is, like the back-up qb, everyone loves you until you get in the game and your inexperience and faults shine through.

Hope this is not the case for this guy..... but can't help being skepticle.

If Coach O last coached in late 90's, he is going to have to update his D play book a lot. The spread offense was in its infancy during the late 90's. Very few people ran it. Now it is everywhere. It is very intricate and tough to stop. My main worry would be, How much has the game passed him by?

If Coach O last coached in late 90's, he is going to have to update his D play book a lot. The spread offense was in its infancy during the late 90's. Very few people ran it. Now it is everywhere. It is very intricate and tough to stop. My main worry would be, How much has the game passed him by?

Was thinking the exact same thing....though it will be hard for their defense to be worse than it was last year.