Teague

Coach0001

I guess the guys on staff that have been loyal to your school and community that got picked over by a person in admin really feeling great about that choice but no surprises here

There is a certain circle in Teague that takes care of itself and steps on whoever is in the way

No doubt I bet the admin of 14 years and coach of 12 years with 1 playoff win as the dc knows exactly what he's getting into and what's best for the kids better than someone that has actually been around these kids in athletics and on the playing fields on a daily basis

I thought some of you local Teague posters were talking about a coach on staff the kids loved and would work for and I don't remember it being the HS principal

It really doesn't matter though what I have to say just putting my thoughts out there and watching this soap opera play out

Good luck to the lions and the new AD

Also hope the coaches on staff there that have had to go home and tell there families for the last 4 or 5 springs in a row (well it looks like we have to move because of new blood coming in) good luck in finding a place that actually cares about you your families and athletics not just athletics

and yes I know it is part of the business for you people that choose to go into this profession but wow have things changed since my days of coaching

+1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like Teague had a stellar defense in place. Let's just give Osborn a chance, he may fool you. As far as the hiring process went, many here were not pleased as to how it unfolded. Some have thrown their hands up, others vow to run for school board, and many are still in shock. Osborn is the new AD... like it or lump it. He will bring a more old school, tough, hit you in the mouth attitude to the program. That's how he taught back in the day and I'm sure he will again. Teague needs that. I think he will do a good job. Hopefully we'll get off of the "drama radar" for awhile. We need that more than anything.

Nice.

It's not like Teague had a stellar defense in place. Let's just give Osborn a chance, he may fool you. As far as the hiring process went, many here were not pleased as to how it unfolded. Some have thrown their hands up, others vow to run for school board, and many are still in shock. Osborn is the new AD... like it or lump it. He will bring a more old school, tough, hit you in the mouth attitude to the program. That's how he taught back in the day and I'm sure he will again. Teague needs that. I think he will do a good job. Hopefully we'll get off of the "drama radar" for awhile. We need that more than anything.

Yes I must admit Teague has dropped the ball on hiring coaches and nearly dropped the ball again. Donnie Osborn will have those kids running through a wall before its all said and done. What he has done in the past hasnt affected his job performance. "He is without sin let him cast the first stone" He has been around these kids and coached or taught most of their parents. In my opinion he should have gotten the job after Coach Hayes left. I aso agree that it seems like Teague is full of drama. Like I stated earlier once he shakes the rust off watch the physical new look Lions. Keep all the negative thoughts about Teague's new AD to yourself. If you have any questions or concerns MAN UP and say it to directly to him. You bitter ex employees are killing me.

Haha some of them (us) are current employees

Haha some of them (us) are current employees

So your a co worker coming on a sports forum to bash a co worker? Instead of doing that why don't you just go talk to the man and your bosses about your problem? 90% of the people on this site are just fans or have kids in the programs they speak of on smoaky. Makes you look really bad IMO (a disgruntled employee) and your making your school look even more bad. Nice work

Hate to say it but now a days that mentality is down the tubes. Coaches can't be like they were in the good ol days. Now a days if you even spit on a arm hair of a athlete there is tension. it is what is needed for today's youth but over shadowed by over protection. Giving power to the kids is the cool thing to do now a days. Best of luck to Coach "O" in catching up with the times of today's athletes.

Hate to say it but now a days that mentality is down the tubes. Coaches can't be like they were in the good ol days. Now a days if you even spit on a arm hair of a athlete there is tension. it is what is needed for today's youth but over shadowed by over protection. Giving power to the kids is the cool thing to do now a days. Best of luck to Coach "O" in catching up with the times of today's athletes.

I think he was referencing to how physical Coach O team will be and that is still a must for any team these days. If ya went and seen the title games this year you still have to have that toughness and swagger about yourselves to make it that far. I agree 100% about your comment. The things that he was able to do in the late 80s early 90s he won't be able to bc the way most parents and just society in general allow these kids to do these days.

What coaches are saying about Teague

Re: TEAGUE HIRES!! Reply

Add Teague to the list of places to STAY AWAY FROM... There's a reason this job keeps coming open, and it has NOTHING to do with the poor kids who have to deal with this garbage.

This is a joke. There a lot of coaches in the state of Texas young and old that are way more deserving of a head coaching oppertunity. Nothing against this guy but if you want to coach you coach. This is whats so bad about our profession, you can work your tail off and be good at what you do and never get a shot at being an AD. Sad day for fb coaches.

Just hope that the next Principal that Tig hires has more recent football coaching experience, and has the qualifications to be the next HFC. No need to interview in two years. Don't waste good coaches time!!!

What coaches are saying about Teague

Add Teague to the list of places to STAY AWAY FROM... There's a reason this job keeps coming open, and it has NOTHING to do with the poor kids who have to deal with this garbage.

This is a joke. There a lot of coaches in the state of Texas young and old that are way more deserving of a head coaching oppertunity. Nothing against this guy but if you want to coach you coach. This is whats so bad about our profession, you can work your tail off and be good at what you do and never get a shot at being an AD. Sad day for fb coaches.

Just hope that the next Principal that Tig hires has more recent football coaching experience, and has the qualifications to be the next HFC. No need to interview in two years. Don't waste good coaches time!!!

so we don't care we got OUR coach

• 11 months later...

Just sitting here missing Teague football so much and re reading this topic.. I just wanted to update yall that my Coach, Coach Osborn went 11-1 only loss was to the State champs Cameron Yoe.. To all the nay sayers and non believers Coach Osborn is a great fit for my Teague Lions..

Just sitting here missing Teague football so much and re reading this topic.. I just wanted to update yall that my Coach, Coach Osborn went 11-1 only loss was to the State champs Cameron Yoe.. To all the nay sayers and non believers Coach Osborn is a great fit for my Teague Lions..

You mean the D1 QB and the plethora of senior skill kids you had went 11-1. Don't crown him king of kings till he does something good with not so much talent. Believe me, the talent you're going to have this year will not even be in the same league as last years team.

Your so right it won't be in far as experience but this team will be loaded with talent.. It will be ALOT deeper from top to bottom then this past team was.. This team will be more molded in Coach O's likeness and when this season gets good and started I will come back to this post to let you know so get ready..