Teague

Coach0001

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teague will bring back 6/8 starters on each side of the ball. Offense losing Skinner, Mitchell, Vanwinkle, West, and Phillips. Defense is losing Vanwinkle, Jones, and Mitchell. Mineola has some kids coming back but wasn't just real impressed. Malakoff can't be too far from those schools as they'll return some players and their JV beat Teague's, so they can't be too far behind those schools I mentioned. I look for both Kirbyville and Kountze to be some teams in SE Texas to be reckoned with

A few notes:

Rockdale should be down in 2015.

Rockdale (4-1 in district; L 44-25 to Cameron Yoe in State Quarterfinal)
# of seniors lost: 28 of 44 (Maxpreps)
# of all-district players lost: Offensive MVP - Defensive MVP - 5 1st team offense - 5 2nd team offense - 6 1st team defense - 1 2nd team defense - 1 1st team kicker

# of all-district players returning: Offensive Newcomer - 1 2nd team defense
They will have a strong incoming sophomore class, so they should return to form in 2016 & 2017.
My pre-season top 20:
1. Cameron Yoe
2. Teague
3. Kirbyville
4. East Chambers
5. Mineola
6. Shallowater
7. Pottsboro
8. Brock
9. Wall
10. Edna
11. Malakoff
12. Pilot Point
13. Lago Vista
14. McGregor
15. Whitesboro
16. White Oak
17. Rockdale
18. Boyd
19. Whitney
20. Commerce/Farmersville/Sunnyvale/Van Alstyne

A few notes:

Rockdale should be down in 2015.

Rockdale (4-1 in district; L 44-25 to Cameron Yoe in State Quarterfinal)

# of seniors lost: 28 of 44 (Maxpreps)

# of all-district players lost: Offensive MVP - Defensive MVP - 5 1st team offense - 5 2nd team offense - 6 1st team defense - 1 2nd team defense - 1 1st team kicker

# of all-district players returning: Offensive Newcomer - 1 2nd team defense

They will have a strong incoming sophomore class, so they should return to form in 2016 & 2017.

My pre-season top 20:

1. Cameron Yoe

2. Teague

3. Kirbyville

4. East Chambers

5. Mineola

6. Shallowater

7. Pottsboro

8. Brock

9. Wall

10. Edna

11. Malakoff

12. Pilot Point

13. Lago Vista

14. McGregor

15. Whitesboro

16. White Oak

17. Rockdale

18. Boyd

19. Whitney

20. Commerce/Farmersville/Sunnyvale/Van Alstyne

Good looking top 20

Defense is losing West too!

The defense will be a beast this season

seriously guys how many of you teauge fans have ever played football,one player can offset the entire balance of a team especially if said player plays both ways and his replacement isn't as talented or knows where to be on every play, goodlord man.btw didnt this current team loose to crockett as jv.yes lol

Have they done their research? Not so sure his slate is as clean as you think. Compared to the others that were relieved from duties in the past. Isn't it the same?

90% of coaches have been "relieved from duties". In fact, I'd go so far as to say these days 99% have. That's just how the business works. If everyone that has been let go checks yes on the "have you been non-renewed" box on the application, there would be no profession.

90% of coaches have been "relieved from duties". In fact, I'd go so far as to say these days 99% have. That's just how the business works. If everyone that has been let go checks yes on the "have you been non-renewed" box on the application, there would be no profession.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but for the sake of the argument, those numbers aren't close to being true. Now in Teague, yes, 99% of the ADs have been relieved of their duties for inappropriate conduct. Even the head guy now lol

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but for the sake of the argument, those numbers aren't close to being true. Now in Teague, yes, 99% of the ADs have been relieved of their duties for inappropriate conduct. Even the head guy now lol

Not being sarcastic at all. But it's quite obvious you are not, nor ever have been, a coach.

That wasn't meant to be disrespectful. But it is just the nature of the beast. Coaches do not spend 30 years at one place like my father in law did and that's due to a multitude of reasons. The secret is to get your resignation in before they take your name to the board to non-renew ya.

Maxjean............Your right gonna be hard to replace a Aaron Mitchell on both sides of the ball! Skinner's big arm will be missed greatly. I think we are okay at the running back position with Coleman leading the way he was solid at the end of the year and with a big physical offensive line back they will be hard to stop running game wise. Defense front 7 will be hard to stop just got to be able to cover will be the ?mark on the defense IMO. Wont have much of a passing game but will be able to sling it a little to offset a massive running attack that I see coming from the Lions. Should be a great year again The Yoe definitely the team to beat they could easily win it all again.

Slappy 50-22 first part of the 4th Quarter. Mop up duty scores don't count when game is over. It was that bad I left.

Oh my bad. I wasn't aware Love played mop up duty defense late in the 4th quarter when he tore his ACL after Dowell threw him to the track with a stiff arm. My mistake, I apologize.

If it truly was mop up duty, which it wasn't because Teague had all starters in, that play was where Teague's season turned. If Love plays vs Yoe, I think ya'll might've won that game. Instead, he's playing "mop up duty" defense with 3 minutes to go in the Malakoff game and takes a shot.

Oh my bad. I wasn't aware Love played mop up duty defense late in the 4th quarter when he tore his ACL after Dowell threw him to the track with a stiff arm. My mistake, I apologize.

If it truly was mop up duty, which it wasn't because Teague had all starters in, that play was where Teague's season turned. If Love plays vs Yoe, I think ya'll might've won that game. Instead, he's playing "mop up duty" defense with 3 minutes to go in the Malakoff game and takes a shot.

Love tore his ACL middle third. He didn't play in the 4th. Austin never comes out of the game idk why he doesnt, But game was in hand at start of 4th mop up duty bud don't be a sore loser.

And quite glad I'm not a coach. However, the good ones get to pick and choose for the most part.

And "good" is few and far between. Which is quite unfortunate. The amount of slappies in the profession is rather disheartening. And I was not hating on your career choice, but if you are not in the profession, you cannot comment whether my comment was correct or not.