Malakoff wins UIL Appeal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the May 12 UIL press release:

"Student-athletes from Malakoff High School were granted appeals for varsity eligibility. After hearing testimony from all parties it was determined that the students did not change schools for athletic purposes."

Doesn't exactly fill in the massive blanks from the original post.

Let's just say that the person who filled out all the paperwork (Sup) from the original school (Canton) was not exactly truthful, boasted about his not being truthful, bragged about screwing over the kids, and that Board Members from Canton testified that the Sup was lying and trying to screw over those kids.

i hope all this true and this sup really gets fried over it. anyone who would recommend extending the contract of the Canton AD - football coach with all the problems the football program has couldn't have what is best for the kids in making such a poor decision to renew that coach. There have been many parents and kids complaining about the poor coaching and the way the kid are treated. a lot of good athletes have quit and will not play for the man and the sup just turns his head and is blind to what is happening. I hope he and the AD -Coach both get ran out of town if this is true.

Just asks BCP - he thinks he knows everything. He hasn't answered my question as to where he is from and how he know so much about Canton. I do know there was one family that moved to Malakoff. They have 3 sons - two are in high school and one is in jr. high. On the UIL web site the appeal was for two students. Probably from the same family since two are high school students right now.

i hope all this true and this sup really gets fried over it. anyone who would recommend extending the contract of the Canton AD - football coach with all the problems the football program has couldn't have what is best for the kids in making such a poor decision to renew that coach. There have been many parents and kids complaining about the poor coaching and the way the kid are treated. a lot of good athletes have quit and will not play for the man and the sup just turns his head and is blind to what is happening. I hope he and the AD -Coach both get ran out of town if this is true.

Ignorance at its best once again ! problem is not the supt. or coach. it's the negative mentality and hipocrisy of a few that runs through the community.

You folks from Canton need to take a step back and look at the big picture. The UIL almost never goes against the district committee. Like 99.9% of the time they rule in favor of the committee's ruling. There has to be some major proof and documentation to make a decision like that. Before you go calling anybody ignorant you might want to check out the facts from smoebody that is non-biased or not close to the situation. I have no clue about any of it but i just know (from experience) that the UIL doesn't make those types of rulings without major reasons.

Alice you must be clueless if you say that the coach in Canton does not use profanity and use it very negativly aimed at players and his coaches. Weve all heard it, and how many boys you got playing as seniors. (only 8) and you have over 600 students. This class had around 45 players start two a days as freshman. How many Srs last year around 12. It's just pitiful, but hey you got what you got. 4th place finishes are what you strive for these days

our band director is retiring at the end of the year and I hope his replacement can keep the good band tradition going. if he doesn't then Canton's game attendance will be less than half of what it is now which is around 50% band parents and relatives of band members. Canton's sup doesn't get rid of poor coaches he recommends extending their contracts. people of Canton really need to wake up and smell the roses. it really feels good to have a winning team and fans really turn out to watch them play. Canton proved that when Canton was winning even though most people didn't like the coach they still filled the stadium to watch them win every week, the night we beat Gilmer at Rose stadium the canton side was just as full as Gilmer's and the next week when we lost to Tatum it was the same full stadium on Canton's side. it has done nothing but went downhill every since and is now at a 10 year low.

Like Canton did coach Harrell in the '80's ?

Alice I would like you to know I would never call you stupid or ignorant the way you call me and the group of guys who want better coaching at Canton. if you believe what I say here and what you hear the guys that agree with me say at games has anything to do with the way the Canton football team perform on the field on Friday nights you need to look into your mirror and see who is what and what is wrong with Canton football. One guy the head coach-AD is the one responsible for his teams performance whether it be very bad or very good he is the one responsible.and he reports to the Sup. If the coach isn't doing a good job it is the sup job to remove him and hire someone better. you are the one who is showing everybody who is what, by making excuses for the management poor performance at Canton. Hope your kin are not part of the loosing coaching staff because believe me their days here are numbered.

our band director is retiring at the end of the year and I hope his replacement can keep the good band tradition going. if he doesn't then Canton's game attendance will be less than half of what it is now which is around 50% band parents and relatives of band members. Canton's sup doesn't get rid of poor coaches he recommends extending their contracts. people of Canton really need to wake up and smell the roses. it really feels good to have a winning team and fans really turn out to watch them play. Canton proved that when Canton was winning even though most people didn't like the coach they still filled the stadium to watch them win every week, the night we beat Gilmer at Rose stadium the canton side was just as full as Gilmer's and the next week when we lost to Tatum it was the same full stadium on Canton's side. it has done nothing but went downhill every since and is now at a 10 year low.

Yeah beating Gilmer had nothing to do with having a D1 QB in GJ Kinne and other good athletes to go with him. Do you have any GJ's on the field now? Maybe that's why you're not winning, it's not all about coaching. Coaches don't get to block or tackle, or catch balls, kids have to do that...

I know about Canton just like I know about every other place I post. Having been in the business for over thirty years builds up your contact list and people tell me things because they know I will not give up my sources. I get many texts every day from friends in the business telling me things.

. BTW I know NOTHING about the Canton Coaches and even if I did know something bad I would not post it. I do NOT post negatives about Coaches even if they are true. Coaches get ripped enough as it is and I am not going to turn on my own kind. Administrators on the other hand, make that BAD Administrators are fair game.

This thread was started ENTIRELY about the Canton Sup and his actions in trying to keep some kids from playing elsewhere to the point of lying on official state document.

That is ALL!