Hughes Springs' Dylan Moore nearing elite Texas HS Baseball History...

Smoaky

Hughes Springs senior pitcher Dylan Moore is 46-2 during his career with the Mustangs, including 15-0 this season and 17-0 a year ago, and he has a chance to add to his total as Hughes Springs keeps winning through the playoffs.

Hughes Springs beat Edgewood 6-4 the playoffs, with Moore picking up his 46th career victory.

Moore won't be able to reach the top of these lists, but he can get in some of them...good luck.

TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL RECORDS (MaxPreps)

Pitching
-Career Wins

55 - Keith Creel, Duncanville, 1974-77

55 - Jimmy Jones, Dallas Jefferson (Early-80's)
54 - Jon Peters, Brenham, 1986-89
53 - Gunner Baker, Carlisle (Price), 2010-13
53 - David Clyde, Houston Westchester, 1970-73
52 - Jaime Sepeda, Sinton, 1986-89
49 - Ronnie Powers, Brewer (Fort Worth), 1985-88
49 - Ricky Cruz, Somerset, 1979-82
48 - Danny White, Huckaby, 1983-85
46 - Johnny Guzman, South San Antonio, 1963-65

46 - Dylan Moore, Hughes Springs, 2012-Current
43 - Brian Bohanon, North Shore (Houston), 1984-87
42 - Scott Gardner, Monterey (Lubbock), 1974-76
41 - Robert Zamora, South San Antonio, 1959-61
40 - Dick Balthrop, South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie), 1973-75

Season Wins
22 - Joey Missildine, Maud, 1989
22 - Ronnie Powers, Brewer, 1987
21 - Donnie Swain, New Diana (Diana), 1987
20 - Todd Holz, Riviera, 1986
20 - Nolan Ryan, Alvin, 1965
19 - Rodney Steph, Katy Taylor (Katy), 1986
19 - Jerry DuBose, Colmesneil, 1986
19 - Johnny Guzman, South San Antonio, 1965
18 - Steve Foster, DeSoto, 1985
18 - David Clyde, Westchester, 1973
18 - Donnie Moore, Monterey, 1972
18 - Johnny Guzman, South San Antonio, 1964
18 - Logan Verrett, Calallen (Corpus Christi), 2008

Had the pleasure of meeting him last month.

I was impressed with him and his teammates, very personable and polite group of young men.

Looking forward to seeing him continue at my Alma Mater the next four years.

Maybe this year, they will complete the journey thay came so close to last season.

Interesting that 1989 is the closest year to what Baker did and Moore is doing.

I would have thought that it should be easier now, with most playoffs being a best of 3 series. In '89, most playoff matchups were a single game. It's surprising that it hasn't happened more. Just proving the talent level it takes.

I would say very few were against any average team that is the most impressive thing.

I'm sure he has pitched against quality opponents a lot of the time. How many tough outs are in a AA team? 1-4, 1-5 on a really good team? A lot of the other guys on that list are at a higher classification school, which probably could mean theirs is more impressive. Haven't seen the kid pitch but how hard does he throw and what does he throw.

I'm sure he has pitched against quality opponents a lot of the time. How many tough outs are in a AA team? 1-4, 1-5 on a really good team? A lot of the other guys on that list are at a higher classification school, which probably could mean theirs is more impressive. Haven't seen the kid pitch but how hard does he throw and what does he throw.

It's very impressive that Moore has achieved his numbers in only three years vs four years for the top 7 or 8 on the list.

Mid 80's

WTH people, seriously?

I put up a thread about a young man from East Texas, who has enjoyed a tremendous career no matter what happens during the current season, and we want to turn this into finger-pointing or whatever the heck it's become.

Good Lord.

I rarely, very rarely ever put up a HS baseball thread, and I try and give this young some publicity and it ends up about something else.

Stay on topic, thank you.

By the way, Hughes Springs had their game pushed back against Edgewood until Thursday, 7:30pm.

David Smoak

That's it??!!! I thought we were talking low to mid 90's. He must locate it well and have some good breaking stuff!

I hope this is still on topic but my two cents:

I haven't seen Dylan Moore pitch but what I've noticed watching high school baseball this year is that a pitcher with at least 75 mph cruising speed, at least two types of pitches and good location can win games at the 2A level if his defense will back him up.

Crusing at 85 mph and having all those attributes will make you almost unbeatable.

If you watch the MLB plenty of pitchers are cruising at upper 80's. Greg Maddox lived at about 87 mph and is now in the Hall of Fame.

Dylan Moore's record should speak for itself.

I hope this is still on topic but my two cents:

I haven't seen Dylan Moore pitch but what I've noticed watching high school baseball this year is that a pitcher with at least 75 mph cruising speed, at least two types of pitches and good location can win games at the 2A level if his defense will back him up.

Crusing at 85 mph and having all those attributes will make you almost unbeatable.

If you watch the MLB plenty of pitchers are cruising at upper 80's. Greg Maddox lived at about 87 mph and is now in the Hall of Fame.

Dylan Moore's record should speak for itself.

Agreed. Location is key at that level. Great accomplishment for the kid

WTH people, seriously?

I put up a thread about a young man from East Texas, who has enjoyed a tremendous career no matter what happens during the current season, and we want to turn this into finger-pointing or whatever the heck it's become.

Good Lord.

I rarely, very rarely ever put up a HS baseball thread, and I try and give this young some publicity and it ends up about something else.

Stay on topic, thank you.

By the way, Hughes Springs had their game pushed back against Edgewood until Thursday, 7:30pm.

David Smoak

David, Thank you for posting! I know Dylan is honored you would take the time to acknowledge his accomplishments and recognize him!