Lindale baseball job

blitzem

What school?

2A (new 3A ) school that I've noticed allnight follows closely, is NE of Canton

Well I didn't really wanna put it out on the forum, but he's one of the best there is and any school of any size would be very lucky to have him!

I didn't say he applied, just knew who you was referencing

Does Coach Cook also coach football? I didn't see his name on the Chapel Hill football staff on their website. Just asking because Coach Bowker that is leaving Lindale also coached varsity linebackers. Curious to how Lindale will handle the open football position if they hire a baseball coach that doesn't coach varsity football.

I don't know if he coaches football but I doubt it bc he went to chapel hill from Gary and Gary doesn't have football

I don't know if he coaches football but I doubt it bc he went to chapel hill from Gary and Gary doesn't have football

I bet you're right, he probably doesn't

Top ace that knows he is that good is NOT always the easiest thing to handle. Seen many kids to far gone thinking they are all that with that coming from the select so called coaches. They are thinking they don't even need HS baseball anymore. Then coaches that kick off the D1 players- then it is the coaches fault. He is a great coach. Have nothing to do with Lindale but they are very lucky to have him. My nephew goes to school there and does not play baseball, football stud, but if he did= Coach Cook would be great for him. Plus I know- you would have done a better job at CH with that ACE. Then why did you not apply for the job. \

. That is what is wrong with smoaky.....people get on here and think since they had this talent and this kid they should have won it all. This is not the cowboys. These are 16 and 17yr old kids. I had a coach told me last year they went 3 rounds deep and had a great team to win it all. The kids went and got messed up on graduation nite and the next day got beat because of the hanger. Yep coaches fault huh. He can't prevent that no matter what anyone says.

I googled Coach Cook, since I didn't know much about him. He graduated college in 2008 so that would put him in his late 20's. In my book he must be doing something right to already be the head coach of a 5A school with a pretty good baseball history at such a young age. That tells me he's probably a hard worker. I wish him the best!

And yes footballfan, sometimes people forget these are 15-18 year old kids playing these sports. When a play goes bad, everyone is quick to yell and blame the coaches for a bad play call. Did you ever stop and think maybe the kid didn't do what they were told to do??

Bravo blitzem. HS coaches I think have it harder than ANY other level, college and pro. College if they are not doing right- no ride, Pros- no contract. HS kids they will do wrong, they have to be taught how to do this and that. They will mess up more than college and pro players. So THE coaches are at fault. The problem is the fans, parents, hold HS coaches to the same standard as college and pro coaches and that is WRONG! There is much more than just sports going on in side of a 16 yr old kid than a 26 yr old. HS coaching jobs have in the last 15 years been JUST about the W's and that is what is wrong with HS sports. GIRLS and BOYS side. I have a boy going to 9th grade and I much rather him have a coach that loves him and helps him grow to be a great person in life than just worry about that gold ball PERIOD!!!

Do you coach rubberham...... do you know the avg coaches time at anyone school now is 3 years. 25 years ago it was 12!!!! Why don't you try moving every 2 to 3 years bud.

And I know the Prin. at the HS and he told me the numbers on Cook. In two years at CH 40 wins. Before him less than 6 each year for the prev. 3 years.

Went to 2nd round of playoffs for 1st time in school history.

I only put this up when a person talks about how bad a coach did. Yes there are bad coaches out there but if you look at a piece of paper and say that is a bad coach, shame on you.

Look at the Dallas Mavericks.....had a bad year, just made the playoffs and took the World Champs to game 7 and alot better playoff series than the heat!!

And rubberham you need more that one stud pitching, just to let you know.