Clarksville Head Basketball Coach Job

First, I wish him well. He's obviously stepping into a goldmine of talent which can be both a coaching blessing and curse of high expectations, especially for an alumnus. I wasn't around when Coulter was at Clarksville in the 80s. Did he precede Carlisle at Clarksville and was he head coach when he left Clarksville? I believe he's been head coach at Terrell since 2005 and had some success early but times have been tough lately. Again, hope it works out for him and the school.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I wish him well. He's obviously stepping into a goldmine of talent which can be both a coaching blessing and curse of high expectations, especially for an alumnus. I wasn't around when Coulter was at Clarksville in the 80s. Did he precede Carlisle at Clarksville and was he head coach when he left Clarksville? I believe he's been head coach at Terrell since 2005 and had some success early but times have been tough lately. Again, hope it works out for him and the school.[/quote

Coach Coulter was hired before Carlisle. He left in 87. 2 yrs before Martin came. We have great confidence in him leading our program both on and off the court. Great man. Discipline will be instilled.

Well, we had 3 great candidates, as it came down to. 1 guy down the street, who a lot of the kids wanted & some of their parents. Dexter, who a bunch of young adults wanted. And Willie, who some of the older adults wanted. I hear Willie will do things big, & I hear hes gonna be the Principal to. If he can get the bus there, we are gonna win!