College World Series

This topic needs its own thread before the tournament gets any further along.

I'll summarize for those of you who haven't kept up so far:

- Texas spanks Aggies on LHN

- Clemson, Florida, Florida St. 2 and bbq

- Big 12 with a 9-1 record

- ACC and SEC crapping the bed

- LHN is awesome! :) :) :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today will be an interesting day after some of the games yesterday.

- while Sam Houston lost in 22 innings, TCU could be the loser as its pitching staff was surely depleted. I suspect their championship games will be a struggle.

- Rice loss in 11 to Texas will have a difficult time recovering from a heart breaking loss at 1:15 this morning. I think A&M will be favored to win. I hope I go 11 innings again.

- Can Oregon ST recover from their beat down?

- I think Texas has a strong chance to advance. Their bats have come alive. Texas should have won in 9 last night. They ran themselves out of a couple innings.

What a game between rice and aggies.

It was entertaining for sure. I wouldn't call it a great game.....lots of idiocy in this one. I think the Owls maybe have out Aggied the Aggies. Did you see that Aggie runner get thrown out at home. I don't think I have ever seen a runner get thrown out by as much as this. When the catcher caught the ball, the runner literally would've had a better chance of making it back to third. Stupid stupid play by the Aggie third base coach sending the runner. Lolololol

It was entertaining for sure. I wouldn't call it a great game.....lots of idiocy in this one. I think the Owls maybe have out Aggied the Aggies. Did you see that Aggie runner get thrown out at home. I don't think I have ever seen a runner get thrown out by as much as this. When the catcher caught the ball, the runner literally would've had a better chance of making it back to third. Stupid stupid play by the Aggie third base coach sending the runner. Lolololol

Lmao it just happened again vs Texas. At least this time it was with 2 outs and the ball was hit much slower. Then again, it was a slow runner vs a faster one last time.

Definitely not a good day for him.

Lmao it just happened again vs Texas. At least this time it was with 2 outs and the ball was hit much slower. Then again, it was a slow runner vs a faster one last time.

Definitely not a good day for him.

Your lead off runner gets picked off stealing on a 3-1 count after getting walked himself. It's clear the pitcher is wild. Why risk stealing a base on a pitch that has at the least a 50% chance of SAFELY advancing the runner. Just poor coaching. The rounding 3rd getting thrown out by a mile is ignorant as well.

This team is in a regional final despite having in game coaching that's on the level of many lower division high school teams.

I like Childress and like Andy as a person, but he seems to hurt us more than help us. Especially in this game.

Then again, people wanted to get rid of Deggs for the same thing and now he's at ULaLa and his teams are some of the top hitting/scoring teams in the nation.

I like Childress and like Andy as a person, but he seems to hurt us more than help us. Especially in this game.

Then again, people wanted to get rid of Deggs for the same thing and now he's at ULaLa and his teams are some of the top hitting/scoring teams in the nation.

I haven't seen enough of Childress this year to have an educated opinion. He has his team in the hunt for a super regional so that is worthy of credit for sure. Now the third base coach going full retard twice in one day is inexcusable. The man is getting paid to make a good judgement call on those plays. If I were the manager I would offer him a seat on the bench and find a replacement.

The remainder of the Super Regionals will be decided today:

Teams that have advanced:

Oklahoma St

Louisville

Vanderbilt

TCU

Pepperdine

Virginia

Maryland

Play-in Games-Series

(1) Indiana vs (3) Stanford

(2) Bama vs (3) Kennesaw State <<< I go on this campus about once a week... very nice school for its size

(1) LSU vs (2) Houston

(2) Texas vs (3) Texas A&M

(1) Oregon St vs (3) UC Irvine

(1) Miami vs (2) Texas Tech

(1) UL-Lafayette vs (2) Mississippi State

(1) Ole Miss vs (2) Washington

Then due to a rain out, we have a 3 way battle in one Regional: College of Charleston, North Carolina and Long Beach State.

A Lot of good baseball happening today.

Aggies came too play

This is kind of what I alluded to in all my post before this regional started... The Aggies are a very talented ball club. They have good hitting and some speed on the base paths. They have decent pitching. They have enough tools to work with to make a run to Omaha. What has been their back breaker all season long has been base running and errors. They have so many stranded runners off of stupid coaching and mental errors. If they play smart baseball and don't get too worked up, they are a very solid program. Top 20 team from a talent standpoint IMO.