College World Series

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I saw them it was simple mistakes and at times just no energy. Neither of these pitchers is impressive.

At this point, pitching is going to be bare for both teams I think.

As for A&M playing with no energy. I agree. They have moments...

Should have seen Texas vs TCU. As soon as TCU got a run on board Texas looked like they wanted to load the bus

It happens... Baseball, more than any sport, is one where guys tend to just accept having an off day and play for tomorrow. This is why I struggle to be a Major League Baseball fan. I love the rangers, but when I see guys do things like that I want to scream. That's why I LOVE guys like Bryce Harper. Relentless effort.

3-2 strike out call a few innings back. Kid started to first on 3-1 pitch, flipped bat.

Yea that's the one... I mean in a meaningless Tuesday game, whatever. But that pitch was far too inside in a crucial at bat in a crucial game to be "flexing your chest" as an ump.

As bad as hinijosa had been base running today he might run to third if he hits it here

I am shocked he didn't try for third. And just for announcers the hit does not make me forget

Lol. Well I think that's enough to win it. The Ags are probably done. I don't see any late inning magic in this one.

Bad call on CJ at third base in the 6th. Replay showed he was safe.

Yea that's the one... I mean in a meaningless Tuesday game, whatever. But that pitch was far too inside in a crucial at bat in a crucial game to be "flexing your chest" as an ump.

I do hate it when umpires or refs try to be the show.

It's really been a good couple of games between these two. Of course it would have been nice to see it end the other way but can't ask for much better way to end the season. These two rivals who get to meet on the field even if they can't get things going in the offices. Really glad to have gotten to see it regardless the results. Let's to this again in about 7 months on the football field.

Ok 4 of 5 Big 12 teams advance. As of now 2 of 9 SEC with one more still out there. Again I will say it Big 12 was best conference.

There is no doubt in my mind about that. The SEC gets too much credit when they play each other. Ben McDonald was nauseatingly slobbering about the SEC throughout this whole regional.... despite the results happening on the field.

Ok 4 of 5 Big 12 teams advance. As of now 2 of 9 SEC with one more still out there. Again I will say it Big 12 was best conference.

Don't agree. I mean they are playing some good ball, but there are reasons there are upsets. You can't just base an entire seas

Don't agree. I mean they are playing some good ball, but there are reasons there are upsets. You can't just base an entire season off of what happens in a series of games. I understand your opinion, but I'm going to remind you of this when it comes to bowl seasons or things like that. Can one say that the conference USA is tougher than the big 12 because of what happens in bowl games? The post season is a different animal.

Put this into perspective. The sec has had a participant in the championship series every year since 2007. The last time the big 12 had a participant at all was Texas in 2005.

Yeah we definitely need to get these guys back on the schedule to help pad the win column!!

Just kidding you guys. Seriously this was a fun little series and both schools played hard and deserve some respect.

Hell yeah. Stubblefield shut you guys down last night. Tonight, it was Hollingsworth's game. Killer series. And now you likely get to host UH. Looking good.

Don't agree. I mean they are playing some good ball, but there are reasons there are upsets. You can't just base an entire seas

No, dude. There is no element of randomness in baseball. The better team wins every game.

Okay.

So when the SEC put up a better record than the Big 12 in bowls, that meant the SEC was the best football conference?

That's LITERALLY your logic.

Hard to argue at this point.

It's actually very easy to argue... There are dozens of season long stats that can prove the sec is better. More teams in, higher RPI, more national seeds, better SOS... Just because the big 12 got hot in 4 regionals doesn't mean they are "easy to argue" the best conference...

Okay.

So when the SEC put up a better record than the Big 12 in bowls, that meant the SEC was the best football conference?

That's LITERALLY your logic.

Same guys were arguing that RPI and SOS do not matter because of a couple of non conference games... I don't think logic is the right word.

4-5 vs 2-9 with other one losing. Say what you want about the best team not winning but that is a lot of games losing for it to be random.

Okay, so the SEC went 7-3 in football in bowl games.

The Big XII went 3-3.

So that means the SEC was the better conference?

Put this into perspective. The sec has had a participant in the championship series every year since 2007. The last time the big 12 had a participant at all was Texas in 2005.

Didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle. Especially since post season results are all that matter to some. And also... I'm very interested to see what their opinions will be if the sec teams that do advance make it farther than the 4 big 12 teams? What's the logic then?

First this is baseball not football and SEC was best conference in football. Please try and stay on topic and eat your crow.

What crow is that?

Nice to know that the SEC was the best football conference.

SOS gets boasted for SEC because of high rankings. I will say it again overrated, games proved it.

A ranking has nothing to do with SOS. We've told you this a thousand times.

Are you trying to take Internet's crown or something?

SOS gets boasted for SEC because of high rankings. I will say it again overrated, games proved it.

You are so ignorant of the game it's comical... SOS in baseball has NOTHING to do with a teams rankings. Absolutely nothing. If you are going to argue at least be knowledgeable about what you are arguing.