College World Series

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's actually very easy to argue... There are dozens of season long stats that can prove the sec is better. More teams in, higher RPI, more national seeds, better SOS... Just because the big 12 got hot in 4 regionals doesn't mean they are "easy to argue" the best conference...

Sorry man but that dog just doesn't hunt. The proof of a really good team in college baseball is the CWS tournament. I don't care how many wins SEC teams rack up against each other. I wanna see how they compare to the other good programs in other conferences. Answer: poorly.

Put this into perspective. The sec has had a participant in the championship series every year since 2007. The last time the big 12 had a participant at all was Texas in 2005.

Didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle. Especially since post season results are all that matter to some. And also... I'm very interested to see what their opinions will be if the sec teams that do advance make it farther than the 4 big 12 teams? What's the logic then?

I'm pretty sure we are talking about THIS year.

Sorry man but that dog just doesn't hunt. The proof of a really good team in college baseball is the CWS tournament. I don't care how many wins SEC teams rack up against each other. I wanna see how they compare to the other good programs in other conferences. Answer: poorly.

Put this into perspective. The sec has had a participant in the championship series every year since 2007. The last time the big 12 had a participant at all was Texas in 2005.

Do we really need to argue any further? After all, that's your requirements. CWS results...

A ranking has nothing to do with SOS.

Say what? Lolol

Do we really need to argue any further? After all, that's your requirements. CWS results...

This year man, this year.

If I were to compare baseball to another sport, I think basketball is a better comparison as it is tournament play - not bowl game. But basketball is not an accurate comparison, as baseball is double elimination.. The Aggies were not expected to win the regional as they were a 3 seed.

If I were to compare baseball to another sport, I think basketball is a better comparison as it is tournament play - not bowl game. But basketball is not an accurate comparison, as baseball is double elimination.. The Aggies were not expected to win the regional as they were a 3 seed.

Yeah. A&M wasn't that great this year at all. 10th in the SEC. :(

Ok your right but would you say winning games does prove a point then? Or is Florida and LSU still top 10 teams?????

Who posted about the great ACC???

I enjoy messing with you guys but Johnny you talked a lot of SEC smack where are you 10 teams ????? How come they lost did 7 teams fall due to bad luck??? Why can't you just say SEC was over rated??? Stay on task this is a baseball thread.

They aren't overrated because it wasn't like humans chose them as the toughest conference. It's not like people said, "Hey! The SEC is the greatest just cause they're the SEC!" That would mean they were overrated.

The numbers said they were tough.

Now, if you have a beef with how SOS is calculated, that's a whole nother thread.

We are talking about the results so far. LSU is going down so that will be 2 out of 10 teams. That is bad no matter how you slice it.

Right... so what if Ole Miss and Vandy play in the championship series?

Or what if they just both make the CWS while no Big XII teams do?

Then the SEC has 2 teams in Omaha while the Big XII has 0. Does that mean the SEC is better?

Right... so what if Ole Miss and Vandy play in the championship series?

Or what if they just both make the CWS while no Big XII teams do?

Then the SEC has 2 teams in Omaha while the Big XII has 0. Does that mean the SEC is better?

Well then that would definitely boost their level of success in the CWS. As of right now the SEC is collectively crapping the bed.

I believe you said SEC and ACC were toughest or do I have wrong person???

I said that according to SOS, A&M played the 11th toughest schedule in the country, meaning that even with the poor OOC schedule, they deserved to be in the tournament according to their RPI. Not highly ranked, just barely in the tournament (which they were). It's not like the SEC was just a joke and A&M got in just because. It was a tough conference according to the numbers.

The teams running into trouble in the regionals has nothing to do with that and is dependent on a lot of things.

They aren't overrated because it wasn't like humans chose them as the toughest conference. It's not like people said, "Hey! The SEC is the greatest just cause they're the SEC!" That would mean they were overrated.

The numbers said they were tough.

Now, if you have a beef with how SOS is calculated, that's a whole nother thread.

Ben McDonald has pretty much said that for like 5 days straight now. Lol

I just don't understand the argument against the sec being overrated or SOS not being legit. RPI and SOS are a mathematical format that CANNOT BE OVERRATED BECAUSE ITS NUMBERS AND FACTS!!! The sec had a better RPI and SOS than the sec in the regular season. The post season so far is not over so how anyone thinks they could just use post season results is naive too. Like Johnny said... What happens if the sec puts more in Omaha?

And even then does a decades worth of more success for the sec take away because of one seasons worth of REGIONAL games? The sec is and has been from top to bottom during the season and post season for several straight years. ONE season where through one round the big 12 does better and now they are better? Get out of here. The big 12 is having success right now in the first round of the tournament. That's far from making them the toughest baseball conference in America.

OK thanks...as much as I follow college baseball I've never bothered to find out how SOS or RPI is calculated.

No sweat man. I understand it's confusing. Even I do not understand the math exactly. I just know it's a formula that basis stats and winning percentages and there is absolutely no way conference affiliation influences it and there's no way that human voters effect it. It's much more efficient than the BCS and football.