Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Because Lufkin never traveled this far north until the '30s. :lol:

Yea, I have no idea where the commentators got their stuff, but there's absolutely no way we are ahead by 10. Even then, saying Lufkin was ahead by three at the time (I'm assuming during the game) was wrong. Lp didn't retake the series lead until they beat us in the 2004 game at 31-30-4, and we didn't play in 05 meaning they were only one ahead in 06 and 2 after the loss.

Yeah, it wasn't 3. I didnt remember the specifics, just that one was the correct one and that the other had us way ahead.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this for all Longview (and Lufkin) fans.

Give it a week before kick off maybe we can get some friendly trash talk going. It has gotten friendly on the boards with the Lobo faithful these days. But as long as you guys remember who daddy is we are good ;)

Give it a week before kick off maybe we can get some friendly trash talk going. It has gotten friendly on the boards with the Lobo faithful these days. But as long as you guys remember who daddy is we are good ;)

I can guarantee you the rockin L folks haven't forgotten about 11 straight, losing 3 times in one year and of course SFA. Lmao

All I want to know is, how can anyone presume to be anybody's daddy when a series is tied? And why did I have to read this as I was walking out the door? Now I will be mad all the way to work! SMH!

:lol: :lol:

At least we never gave up 50 in any of those losses to Lufkin? And never 45+ on our own home field.

All I want to know is, how can anyone presume to be anybody's daddy when a series is tied? And why did I have to read this as I was walking out the door? Now I will be mad all the way to work! SMH!

Lord......your coworkers have my sympathy today.

3 weeks away. And this is by far the most respect Longview/Lufkin thread we've ever had. :mellow: :unsure:

Not much to say from my side..

I'm taking a wait and see approach to this season. I think the Lobo fans know they will have a very good team this year with Hasty, Chumley and of course Coach King running things as usual up there. I don't know what type of team that I will see coming out of the tunnel at ole Abe on the 29th. The Pack will have a lot of talent again this season, but the defense is still a question mark. If they can improve and play well this year, we can make a lot of noise in the regular season and playoffs imo. However, if they continue to play like they have the last few seasons, then it will be another wasted season.

I just hope this game is close..

I'm pretty sure that Longview and Lufkin both have their own online streaming so you'll have your pick. :)

But if you so happen to pick Lufkin's be prepared for whataburger penalty flags brought to you by the Atkinson candy company.