Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction for this game:

It's either gonna b a barn burner cause both have good offenses but we dont really know what either team will bring on defense. Lufkins stunk last year and longview lost almost everyone. Or longview is gonna win by 2+ tds.

no this was a grown up I wanted to 2 piece...

Lol. Wasnt me because I was playing in that game. Although I have been known to jaw jack with the Longview student section at Lobo a time or two. Got hit with ice one time and I damn near lost it. I probably deserved it though i was talking cash money poop that game.

Lol. Wasnt me because I was playing in that game. Although I have been known to jaw jack with the Longview student section at Lobo a time or two. Got hit with ice one time and I damn near lost it. I probably deserved it though i was talking cash money poop that game.

oh really you played that year! Well that was a helluva game! Instant classic! As was the 3 games a year earlier. When you ran out of the dressing room and seen 30,000 people wat was going through yur mind if you don't mind me asking?

Definitely won't.

We might even become the first team in history to be credited with negative points.

you know soon as u hit the county line...U down 7. Hit the parking lot...down 14. Kickoff...it's a whole 21 points...

I wish some or heck most of you Lobo fans would stop the sandbagging, you're not as good as the Trinity fans when they do it anyways....lol. I want to know some of the Lv fans real predictions about the game. Yall created a thread about three or four months before the game, so lets see the predictions dang it!

you know soon as u hit the county line...U down 7. Hit the parking lot...down 14. Kickoff...it's a whole 21 points...

Here we go.........lol

oh really you played that year! Well that was a helluva game! Instant classic! As was the 3 games a year earlier. When you ran out of the dressing room and seen 30,000 people wat was going through yur mind if you don't mind me asking?

We trouted out for warm-ups in our sweats and it was already packed. The Lobo faithful barking and the first thing that came to mind was wow its packed and damn Longview out drew us in fans in our own backyard. We grew up loosing to that group of kids and we probably should not have won that game. Ivory playing with a cast on fumbled 3 times and freeman fumbled on a very long run. Vondrell was the best RB I ever played against. He finished that game off with like 192 on the ground.Longview was without Grant who was a good QB and Big Freeman at TE. Longview was the best team we played that year including SLC. That game was truly amazing oh and I couldnt hear #### standing on the field.

We trouted out for warm-ups in our sweats and it was already packed. The Lobo faithful barking and the first thing that came to mind was wow its packed and damn Longview out drew us in fans in our own backyard. We grew up loosing to that group of kids and we probably should not have won that game. Ivory playing with a cast on fumbled 3 times and freeman fumbled on a very long run. Vondrell was the best RB I ever played against. He finished that game off with like 192 on the ground.Longview was without Grant who was a good QB and Big Freeman at TE. Longview was the best team we played that year including SLC. That game was truly amazing oh and I couldnt hear #### standing on the field.

Anyone got any pics from that game?

What?!? I'm not giving Lv that one...lol. Kidding aside, I thought we had more fans.

One of the most incredible/intense atmospheres (non Maverick of course) I've ever experienced at a HS football game.

I literally felt nauseous for both teams. It was a love/hate. I wanted both teams to win.... and lose. LOL.

SO many amazing playoff games I've attended.

Lufkin/Longview SFA, Rose

Lufkin/Lake Highlands, SFA

Lufkin/Euless Trinity, Rose

Tyler Lee/Woodlands, Tex Stadium

Ennis/Denton Ryan, Tex Stadium

Texas High/Highland Park

fun times. Hope for some more in 2014..... Mavs included.

One of the most incredible/intense atmospheres (non Maverick of course) I've ever experienced at a HS football game.

Only one that can top that Longview/Lufkin game for me was the Trinity/Southlake Carroll 2006 game at Texas Stadium. Longview/Lufkin at Rose probably comes at 3rd. Longview/Lake Travis in 2009 was unreal in the 3rd quarter when Longview was getting back into the game. I've never heard a Longview crowd that loud in my life.

The second pic sealed the win. Freeman overshot Kelley and Ayers picked it off and ran it in for a TD.

Incorrect.

He didn't run it in. He was tackled and Lane scored a few plays later after Lufkin converted a 4th down.

That pic actually brings back scary memories cause that was very close to my view of the play (from the left guard position).

What position? I was left guard for Longview.

PAINFUL.

Tell me about it. That was the first time all year that I felt like we were going to lose a game (aside from when we missed a 4th down attempt at midfield against Evangel.... I briefly thought we were going to lose that). Even against Rockwall when they scored late, I knew in my heart that we were going to win the game. Or Lee when we trailed for all of the second half. Against Lufkin, it was actually facing that 3rd and 6 that I felt like it and the pick on that play basically confirmed it.