Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

No congrats on the win. Just mostly shots taking at the team and the program. Just a lack of respect from a few Lobo fans after this one. We gave credit to them the last few years after they whipped us, but I don't see that now. Those kids played hard for the Pack tonight and whipped your team up and down the field and King got outcoached tonight, unlike what some of you said would happened, but I guess it is what it is though. Moving on to Lee and Louisiana...

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No congrats on the win. Just mostly shots taking at the team and the program. Just a lack of respect from a few Lobo fans after this one. We gave credit to them the last few years after they whipped us, but I don't see that now. Those kids played hard for the Pack tonight and whipped your team up and down the field and King got outcoached tonight, unlike what some of you said would happened, but I guess it is what it is though. Moving on to Lee and Louisiana...

How did King get outcoached? That was as simple of an offense from both teams as I've ever seen. Outside of two or three plays, Lufkin was running the same play over and over and over and over and over again. The defense just couldn't stop it because of plain missed tackles.

Who on earth is taking shots at the Lufkin team and program? If you want to take criticizing our team on our own team thread over on a different forum as a "lack of respect" then that's your own problem. Y'all won, congrats, enjoy it while you can as you told us time and time again the last couple of years.

I thought Lufkin played about as perfect of a game as possible while Longview's inexperience, stupid mistakes and poor leadership showed through.

King wasn't out coached. Quick called the same plays over and over again (bubble screens to Coutee, runs up the middle with Sowell). Wasn't anything spectacular...

Longview was simply outplayed. And I for one ain't given Lufkin an ounce of congratulations since PA was acting like a baby prior to the game all because I predicted a Longview win after a member of your own fan base asked for it. PA is a joke..

Anyway, see y'all in a few months.

How did King get outcoached? That was as simple of an offense from both teams as I've ever seen. Outside of two or three plays, Lufkin was running the same play over and over and over and over and over again. The defense just couldn't stop it because of plain missed tackles.

Who on earth is taking shots at the Lufkin team and program? If you want to take criticizing our team on our own team thread over on a different forum as a "lack of respect" then that's your own problem. Y'all won, congrats, enjoy it while you can as you told us time and time again the last couple of years.

I thought Lufkin played about as perfect of a game as possible while Longview's inexperience, stupid mistakes and poor leadership showed through.

Saying things like this...."Lufkin is a joke playoff program" and "Lp did nothing special at all tonight"...is taking shots to me and not giving credit when it's due. Again, I always give credit when it's due.

The Lufkin coaches were taking advantage of that inexperience on the defense. They were also taking what the defense was giving them with the short pass plays to Terry and Keke, unlike in the past. I forgot when it occurred, but King stopped running the ball as much with #5 and #44, which obviously helped us considering yall were doing well on the ground. He also called a qb sneak, when I thought he should have given it to his backs and we stopped them. Although Lufkin was running the same plays at time, we started to mix it up by the second quarter with the spread and power I, when the defense for Lv started to play better. The defense for Lv missed tackles, but there were also plays when Lufkin players ran right by them. I didn't think Keke was that much faster than Lv players, but he showed it tonight. Our fullbacks and Sowell played great too. Cumbie did what he was supposed to do. 94 put a lot of pressure on Chumley, which is why he threw some of those horrible passes and got sacked once. The special teams also played great for the Pack.

I don't think we played a perfect game, but I do believe the o-line and defense will improve later on in the season.

Taking shots at YOU? Lolllll what?

You're one of the few posters Longview fans like. What are you talking about taking shots at you?

Lufkin did nothing special tonight. Why is that a shot at their program? Good lord. They did what they had to do to win. Longview helped them along with it. Not sure why you're so bloody defensive about what Longview fans think about the game.

Taking shots at YOU? Lolllll what?

You're one of the few posters Longview fans like. What are you talking about taking shots at you?

Lufkin did nothing special tonight. Why is that a shot at their program? Good lord. They did what they had to do to win. Longview helped them along with it. Not sure why you're so bloody defensive about what Longview fans think about the game.

Not at me......I meant it seems that you're taking shots at the program imo. Maybe I got it wrong, but that is what it seems like..

I thought the Pack played well with the new power I, which is something we haven't seen here in years from the team. That's something special dang it!

The only shots I am taking is against my own team. Lufkin did exactly what they needed to and deservedly walked away the W. I think Keke is an exceptional player and my hat is certainly off to him. Lufkin better make dang sure they keep him healthy! Other than that, I am off to bed to sulk a little and then on to thinking about how we improve before Friday. Nice to meet you, 007. Maybe next time will be under better circumstances!! :)

Lion,

I very rarely say anything to you or even about you, but tonight I have a message for you............SHUT THE HELL UP!!

GO LOBOS!

The only shots I am taking is against my own team. Lufkin did exactly what they needed to and deservedly walked away the W. I think Keke is an exceptional player and my hat is certainly off to him. Lufkin better make dang sure they keep him healthy! Other than that, I am off to bed to sulk a little and then on to thinking about how we improve before Friday. Nice to meet you, 007. Maybe next time will be under better circumstances!! :)

Lion,

I very rarely say anything to you or even about you, but tonight I have a message for you............SHUT THE HELL UP!!

GO LOBOS!

Nice to meet you too!