Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy!!! Let me repeat myself once again...PEOPLE WILL READ WHAT THEY WANNA READ...My GOD!!

Let me set the record str8 for those that don't understand...

When I made the comment..."hard pill to swallow" it was in reference to LoboFan07 talking bout the injuries Longview has..."hard pill to swallow". And as the comment "step up"...Hasty is out...maybe for whole year...unproven WR's...key defensive lineman out...need I go on? Chumley is gonna have to "step up" and be the leader of a young team. It had nothing...and I mean absolutely not a damn thang to do with his game. Again people read what they wanna read without reading...

you better be careful making statements like this or ferguson missouri may come south after you my cracker friend. The brothers at lview has been held down long enough and you get on here and say something like that. You might need to get over to the Pine Tree side of town or just be safe and get on to Spring Hill.

bamaboy...

Whoa...tap those brakes, sir ! I'm certain...with 100% accuracy that the poster herein named

"Tobin Frost" is not " (your) my cracker friend" as you have incorrectly stated in the above quote.

Furthermore, I'm also certain that you are in the coaching business (or were) as well and should

know better than anyone to go starting such nonsense.

IF you don't want to be given a "time out" here.. then please refrain from any further references to

racially calling out any poster...OK ?

Consider yourself warned...as this will not be tolerated !

I'm simply laying this out to stem any potential issues further...ok?

As for the "other" poster (Tobin)...please do not retaliate !

Tobin's references are what has transpired at LHS over the years and his writing style

(in this instance) is an accurate reflection of that..I know as I grew up in this city/school

system just like him.

What he wrote (that you responded to) is "spot on" !

Thanks to the both of y'all..in advance!

Let's enjoy the upcoming season as well as the season's kick off !

Carry on...

RJ

Oh boy!!! Let me repeat myself once again...PEOPLE WILL READ WHAT THEY WANNA READ...My GOD!!

Then write something more of substance...that can be cogently comprehended.

My response was clear, fact filled and much more substantial than he "needs to

lead better and step it up"...you never stated that it was to a "scrimmage" that

you referenced. No, rather, you wrote, a one line generalization that could be

taken that you don't trust him to LEAD his team.

THAT was exactly how I read it. End of discussion from my laptop !

I suppose we can agree to disagree...on this topic.

Let's just agree....to GO LOBOS !

How's that, sir ?

RJ

Let me set the record str8 for those that don't understand...

When I made the comment..."hard pill to swallow" it was in reference to LoboFan07 talking bout the injuries Longview has..."hard pill to swallow". And as the comment "step up"...Hasty is out...maybe for whole year...unproven WR's...key defensive lineman out...need I go on? Chumley is gonna have to "step up" and be the leader of a young team. It had nothing...and I mean absolutely not a damn thang to do with his game. Again people read what they wanna read without reading...

Now...THAT is much...much... better !!

Thank you for taking a little more time to explain WHAT you were referencing !

I mean...do we have to be "mind readers" here !

Seriously...I appreciate the extra effort to say what you mean !

RJ

So these aint racially motivated comments? As a black man, I take offense to this. Both of the paragraphs that I highlighted are nothing more than racial stereotypes. He even prefaces his toxic statement by saying "I am going to touch base on something that most people won't say but are probably thinking it." If you have to say that then it is probably something that you shouldnt be saying. And you are going to lecture me....

It's probably best to simply DROP this right now !

FWIW...the OTHER poster is a black man..too !

It might be hard for you to believe THAT but he is...OK?

IF you want to ask him yourself...then send him a PM

and take this behind the scenes.

I should not need to remind you, sir but I will...it is YOU

that has called another poster "cracker" here NOT him

calling YOU out on a personal level ??

He was NOT stating anything other than what he knows

from his life experiences in this program...nothing more...

nothing less !

Please stop it now !

Thank you....

RJ

So these aint racially motivated comments? As a black man, I take offense to this. Both of the paragraphs that I highlighted are nothing more than racial stereotypes. He even prefaces his toxic statement by saying "I am going to touch base on something that most people won't say but are probably thinking it." If you have to say that then it is probably something that you shouldnt be saying. And you are going to lecture me....

calling YOU out ??

nothing less !

Please stop it now !

Thank you....

RJ

Delete this thread please sir........... this person your say is black should be helping the situation instead of standing on the side and throwing all this $%^%^#%&.. I'm not even 60% sure of his race....... Delete him with the quickness...... (He needs to watch the movie "LiFE" with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawerance) His character would be the one carrying the rifle wearing a cowboy hat saying he is watching the gun line boss......!

calling YOU out on a personal level ??

nothing less !

Please stop it now !

Thank you....

RJ

Randy,

I wasn't a fan of what you did to John Kruk, but I like your stance here with this Bamaboy guy. That word should only be used after Saltine or before Barrel. As the late great Don King once said "cant we all just get along?".

Not real concerned what color the guy is, his statements are still offensive. Please do not let your feeling about your hometown and school skew your view of right and wrong.

Bamaboy

No..sir ! I will not "delete" this thread.

Furthermore, I will agree that when I read his post I said to myself..."WOW...THAT might start something here !"

An low and behold...in less than 24 hours...it did just that.

Look, sir...he laid out his view & opinion WITHOUT calling anyone else out...by using a "racial" epithet.

Unfortunately, someone fell for his writing out the actual "life experience" that he has lived & typed here !

Moreover, I fully believe in the constitutional right that we ALL have for FREE Speech !

As I know the owner of this website shares that view.

However, you came along and made it very personal.

FWIW...I've been away from attending my High School for over 32 years now.

I'm not so emotionally tied to it that whatever someone writes upsets me...until it's

made personal OR comes over the top...such as your response to it did !

Let's just move on along and don't FAN the flames & in the future REPORT it IF you feel

so passionately that a poster offends you...OK ? (Not one single report came from what

was written recently or at all in this thread).

Thanks again for sharing how you feel....

RJ

Then write something more of substance...that can be cogently comprehended.

My response was clear, fact filled and much more substantial than he "needs to

lead better and step it up"...you never stated that it was to a "scrimmage" that

you referenced. No, rather, you wrote, a one line generalization that could be

taken that you don't trust him to LEAD his team.

THAT was exactly how I read it. End of discussion from my laptop !

I suppose we can agree to disagree...on this topic.

Let's just agree....to GO LOBOS !

How's that, sir ?

RJ

funny how some on here believe they are smarter than most ain't it...

Is anybody going to throw out any real predictions ?

Lufkin 35

Longview 28

If Hasty was 100% I would pick Longview by 3. I think with a young Lobo secondary vs a very talented WR heavy team with some depth too could cost Longview the game. Lufkins defense has a lot to prove and will have its hands full with Chumley and company. This game could really go eitherway but I sense the tide has turned and the favorite seems to be Lufkin now. Also wouldnt be surprised to see us get mud holed. Longview has had its way with us recently and goodness do we need a win to snap this streak. So sand bagging aside Lobo faithful what do you think.

38-14 LP

GT you jus sum it all up. Secondary full of JV players. Hasty is Lobo leading returning receiver and he's prolly done until his Baylor career starts so that tells u bout our WR corps. Lobo best D lineman is out. Lobo QB might spend more time catching the ball then throwing it. If there ever was a time to catch Lobos slipping...

BOY..............., last time I checked this was an open forum for a variety of opinions. You focus on staying off the message boards at this time of the year and you too COULD live to be a Successful Coach. BUT, I would fire off on you in some lengthy explanation but, as your handle says, it infers that you're exactly that. YOUNG.

It was my opinion. I don't need your explanation so thanks for not giving it. Anyone who mentions John King is not the guy for the Longview Football coaching job is in my opinion not very bright. Don't get mad at my opinion.

It was my opinion. I don't need your explanation so thanks for not giving it. Anyone who mentions John King is not the guy for the Longview Football coaching job is in my opinion not very bright. Don't get mad at my opinion.

I like this guy.

Is anybody going to throw out any real predictions ?

Lufkin 35

Longview 28

If Hasty was 100% I would pick Longview by 3. I think with a young Lobo secondary vs a very talented WR heavy team with some depth too could cost Longview the game. Lufkins defense has a lot to prove and will have its hands full with Chumley and company. This game could really go eitherway but I sense the tide has turned and the favorite seems to be Lufkin now. Also wouldnt be surprised to see us get mud holed. Longview has had its way with us recently and goodness do we need a win to snap this streak. So sand bagging aside Lobo faithful what do you think.

Although it's probably going to be a low scoring game, I'm sticking with my earlier prediction of 44-28. The Pack will win regardless and end this horrible streak against the mutts from the North.