Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Welp....I leave this thread for a day and this happens....

I blame 84.

It is always my fault!!! I am sorry, but I just do not suffer fools, well!! And this site is, well you know.

See you tomorrow!!!

GO LOBOS!!

Although it's probably going to be a low scoring game, I'm sticking with my earlier prediction of 44-28. The Pack will win regardless and end this horrible streak against the mutts from the North.

SMH!! Woof Woof!!

GO LOBOS!!!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you better be careful making statements like this or ferguson missouri may come south after you my cracker friend. The brothers at lview has been held down long enough and you get on here and say something like that. You might need to get over to the Pine Tree side of town or just be safe and get on to Spring Hill.

Boy, I am in the HEART of gang land here in South Longview. I can't tell you how many stabbings, melees drivebys and murders growing up as child. I am more than conditioned and authorized given the fact that I am a slight shade lighter than Wesley Snipes to speak of what I KNOW. You BEST get your lip and your mind right when talking to me or I'll guarantee you I am gon' give you the EXACT treatment that you dish out. We can make it out to whatever you want it to be. You must think you're talking to one of them simps from the north side of Hwy.80

Man, let me quit because y'all running my damn blood pressure up and we ain't even started the first game.

Boy, I am in the HEART of gang land here in South Longview. I can't tell you how many stabbings, melees drivebys and murders growing up as child. I am more than conditioned and authorized given the fact that I am a slight shade lighter than Wesley Snipes to speak of what I KNOW. You BEST get your lip and your mind right when talking to me or I'll guarantee you I am gon' give you the EXACT treatment that you dish out. We can make it out to whatever you want it to be. You must think you're talking to one of them simps from the north side of Hwy.80

Man, let me quit because y'all running my damn blood pressure up and we ain't even started the first game.

Haha hang in there. Don't let them get to you. Text me or something (chekc your PMs)

It was my opinion. I don't need your explanation so thanks for not giving it. Anyone who mentions John King is not the guy for the Longview Football coaching job is in my opinion not very bright. Don't get mad at my opinion.

Never said John King wasn't THE guy. I said John King IN MY OPINION will NEVER bring Longview High a state title-period. Y'all read what the hell you want to read. Now, I can also say that YOU are NOT smart either to believe what you believe. I won't worry though, you along with others get so damn upset when we fall short and come on here all upset about, "Why he didn't do this or that or that was stupid this or that." I just don't get it. He's is doing the absolute best he can and I just don't expect him to be a Gary Joseph, John Outlaw, Todd Dodge, Steve Lineweaver, Jeff Traylor or a Scott Surratt. These above named coaches are ELITE of ELITE. Is he close? Numbers wise he probably will be but, these coaches have that "IT" factor that no matter what, they hold a high line of accountability.

(R.I.P. to John Outlaw) he was the only coach in East Texas that inspired me to want to coach. He was no non-sense and took no prisoners in his approach and reminded me a lot of the way we were coached coming up through Longview High. And, why in the HELL are we getting into brawls at a damn scrimmage!!!??? Nobody wants to speak on that. UNDISCIPLINED. See if you have that behavior from the aforementioned coaches' programs. You won't find it because these coaches had and have total control. John King doesn't, it's that simple. The only undisciplined football team I seen win a title was the 1988 Dallas Carter Cowboys.

Ok tough guy. Outlaw won one state chapionship. Outstanding coach and can't find anyone anywhere to say any different. I am sure he went a while before he got his one. King will have a year that lines up like that too at some point. And yes even the "elite of the elite" have kids that want to fight. You say you live in the heart of gangland but you don't understand why the kids are fighting. Obviously you have never played football past high school cause fights are pretty common in practice. Now a scrimmage is a little different but it is still a glorified practice that only gilmer fans keep stats and scores of. I will agree to disagree on whether king can or can't win it all with you, but I think it would be better to just support the coaching staff instead of saying/typing about what they are not.

Ok tough guy. Outlaw won one state chapionship. Outstanding coach and can't find anyone anywhere to say any different. I am sure he went a while before he got his one. King will have a year that lines up like that too at some point. And yes even the "elite of the elite" have kids that want to fight. You say you live in the heart of gangland but you don't understand why the kids are fighting. Obviously you have never played football past high school cause fights are pretty common in practice. Now a scrimmage is a little different but it is still a glorified practice that only gilmer fans keep stats and scores of. I will agree to disagree on whether king can or can't win it all with you, but I think it would be better to just support the coaching staff instead of saying/typing about what they are not.

Outlaw was 25 when he won his first state title

Give me Longview by 10. Something like 31-21. King will out coach them again as 07 said.

And despite the absents of Hasty, if there's any position where Longview has unlimited depth..its RB. Tylan Miller at 200 lbs will more than hold his own. So there you have it..Longview pulls off the sweep.

Last but not least, watch the mean green marching machine show Lufkin what real military marching is all about. :)

Never said John King wasn't THE guy. I said John King IN MY OPINION will NEVER bring Longview High a state title-period. Y'all read what the hell you want to read. Now, I can also say that YOU are NOT smart either to believe what you believe. I won't worry though, you along with others get so damn upset when we fall short and come on here all upset about, "Why he didn't do this or that or that was stupid this or that." I just don't get it. He's is doing the absolute best he can and I just don't expect him to be a Gary Joseph, John Outlaw, Todd Dodge, Steve Lineweaver, Jeff Traylor or a Scott Surratt. These above named coaches are ELITE of ELITE. Is he close? Numbers wise he probably will be but, these coaches have that "IT" factor that no matter what, they hold a high line of accountability.

(R.I.P. to John Outlaw) he was the only coach in East Texas that inspired me to want to coach. He was no non-sense and took no prisoners in his approach and reminded me a lot of the way we were coached coming up through Longview High. And, why in the HELL are we getting into brawls at a damn scrimmage!!!??? Nobody wants to speak on that. UNDISCIPLINED. See if you have that behavior from the aforementioned coaches' programs. You won't find it because these coaches had and have total control. John King doesn't, it's that simple. The only undisciplined football team I seen win a title was the 1988 Dallas Carter Cowboys.

Outlaw was the only coach in ET who inspired you to become a coach..because he reminded you of how you were coached at Longview High? Who was your coach? Really doesn't matter who it was as John King is the best HC in LHS history.

Thank You! I'd like to think I am growing up here. Ok, I agree. Let's hug!

Outlaw was the only coach in ET who inspired you to become a coach..because he reminded you of how you were coached at Longview High? Who was your coach? Really doesn't matter who it was as John King is the best HC in LHS history.

Those area round losses were lots of fun back in the day for the 80s guys.

Robert Bero, was my coach in high school. He was set in his ways as all coaches are but, in Bero's worst and last year He outcoached John King right there at Lobo Stadium. Pat Collins, was the Head Coach but, he done what he has always done best and that is chew and spit that Levi Garrett everywhere while strolling the sidlines all night in 1999.

Robert Bero, was my coach in high school. He was set in his ways as all coaches are but, in Bero's worst and last year He outcoached John King right there at Lobo Stadium. Pat Collins, was the Head Coach but, he done what he has always done best and that is chew and spit that Levi Garrett everywhere while strolling the sidlines all night in 1999.

So because Bero's team scored with less than 5 minutes to go to put them on top in a game King wasn't even head coach...Bero is a better coach than John King?

So because Bero's team scored with less than 5 minutes to go to put them on top in a game King wasn't even head coach...Bero is a better coach than John King?

I believe NOW that John King is the better head coach. I will admit that at least. But, did you watch the whole game!!!??? I did, because my brother was the tailback for Longview that year and I was at the game and we were well ahead most of the game by two touchdowns with a very, dismal Longview squad I might add. Just ask Mark Peters the next time you see him.

Did I watch the game? I'm sure I did...but I was 10 at the time...

I don't see how a game almost 15 years ago between two teams from completely different states has anything to do with those two coaches though.

I dont care what the exact shade of your skin tone is. That doesnt make you an expert at nothing. maybe you could get on as a wesley snipes stunt man. i dont really care what neighborhood you live in either, good for you or bad for you...which ever one you think. and dont be threatening me about how my lip and mind is when i speak to you. you would think that a moderator would put a stop to that type thing. if you is a brother as you claim, you should be trying to help the situation at the school....you saying stuff like you did dont help. help lift us up, dont be part of keeping us down.

Man, just don't say NOTHING else to me. On the real. I am an expert on what I just said. As a black man myself growing up and playing this game since I was at Jodie McClure Elementary, I speak exactly what I have witnessed over the several years of watching and playing Lobo football. I know my ethnic group the best and it's in our culture to do things we do. I know how we dance, how we dress, what we listen to, where we hang out and how we think. I AM ONE of them! The only difference is my generation was DISCIPLINED and this generation is a LOT less disciplined. Like I have said many times before. I don't get my hopes up about this new era of Lobo football because I am too passionate and emotionally attached because I love to have an unrealistic idea that they aren't allowed to lose, at least I hate when they do and I can not deal with it at times.

So, at some point as a Lobo alumn I had to have some self evaluation and understand that while we are talented in some areas we are not so talented in others. I believe that there are a Multitude of issues that King is faced with as obstacles but, he can control a lot of things to his favor if he'd draw a lot harder line in the sand when it comes to discipline on the field of play and on assignments on defense. And, we're not even going to touch the issue of holding onto the ball. I see the LITTLE things that ALWAYS end up haunting us EVERY YEAR and I don't see an overly assertive action to fix them. Just watch. We we lose in the playoffs this year in a close game or even a blowout perhaps because the Longview Lobos WILL NOT do one or both of these two things.

(I) WE WILL NOT STICK TO OUR ASSIGNMENTS IN SECONDARY COVERAGE.

(II) WE WILL NOT HOLD ONTO THE BALL, ESPECIALLY IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

So, if you don't fix the above by being DISCIPLINED, you tell me EXACTLY how you fix it!!!???

Some serious thoughts on the game

I do not think this longview defense is ready for the likes of the lufkin panthers....that said we have been running all over the panthers for the past few years.....unless something drastic has changed with the panther d it will continue because we have the ability to pound opponents into submission maybe more this year than any year in recent history. A lot of beef in the backfield! Just do what we do best and I like us with the win.

If longview looks to the pass too much we will lose this game....I think we have done that some the past few years. Only use the pass when it's a homerun.

I do agree with fonz that longview has the coaching advantage and that will be the difference.

Sooo....even though we got nuthin we will still sneak out of ole Abe wih the win...it's about to get real

Safe travels to all!

You dont have to convince me...you have proved yourself as a OG. Just so you know, just because you are black (just like me) dont make you an expert at nothing. your attitude is why we cant never get ahead in this world. sounds like you need to apply for a job up there because you have all of the answers. i bet they would love to have an expert on staff.

Lol! I NEVER even said nothing about being an OG. And "WE" can't go nowhere because we don't want to face reality. I ain't about to get on here and sugarcoat Jack. Hell, we are what we are. And, we are an undisciplined football team. There ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it. Are we talented, ABSOLUTELY. Undisciplined? You better believe it.

The problem between you and a few others is the mere fact that if you say ANYTHING objectionable about the Longview Lobo program and especially John King, y'all are ready to nail people to the cross as if their opinions don't mean s@#% and that ain't fair at all. As long as we're being praised everyone is cool but, just let someone say something about where we lack or about John King. I say John King in MY OPINION won't bring us a state championship and state the same reason why, I get the faithful that love smelling his seat when he stands up in full force as if he Jesus or something. It's one thing to believe in someone and trust them wholeheartedly and there's another thing to damn near to put so much stock in a MAN as if he can do NO WRONG or is beyond critique.

Lol! I NEVER even said nothing about being an OG. And "WE" can't go nowhere because we don't want to face reality. I ain't about to get on here and sugarcoat Jack. Hell, we are what we are. And, we are an undisciplined football team. There ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it. Are we talented, ABSOLUTELY. Undisciplined? You better believe it.

The problem between you and a few others is the mere fact that if you say ANYTHING objectionable about the Longview Lobo program and especially John King, y'all are ready to nail people to the cross as if their opinions don't mean s@#% and that ain't fair at all. As long as we're being praised everyone is cool but, just let someone say something about where we lack or about John King. I say John King in MY OPINION won't bring us a state championship and state the same reason why, I get the faithful that love smelling his seat when he stands up in full force as if he Jesus or something. It's one thing to believe in someone and trust them wholeheartedly and there's another thing to damn near to put so much stock in a MAN as if he can do NO WRONG or is beyond critique.

Don't really see anyone trying to "crucify" u for ur opinion....you don't like king....fine. Ur more than welcome to ur opinion....but so is everyone else. U say we r undisciplined? Do u think we were a better team than LT in those state championship games? Do u think we were better than guyer in the semifinal appearance? Heck no...those teams had tons more talent so hard to argue discipline is the issue. I will say tho that coaching lost us the guyer game....no way that punt gets blocked at the end. U don't get 9 district championships in 10 years and a lot of post season success if we r as undisciplined as u say

Give me Longview by 10. Something like 31-21. King will out coach them again as 07 said.

And despite the absents of Hasty, if there's any position where Longview has unlimited depth..its RB. Tylan Miller at 200 lbs will more than hold his own. So there you have it..Longview pulls off the sweep.

Last but not least, watch the mean green marching machine show Lufkin what real military marching is all about. :)

Lmao....you need to stop. I'm pretty sure that band is still playing songs from the 30s and 40s, and don't get me started on the halftime show..