Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats usually true but what was last seasons scores between lview vs marshall and lufkin?

I'm not going back and forth with Mav fans, while we compare beat downs that we received from a team. Only Nac fans do stuff like that lol. However, our rivalry with them the last 15-20 years(maybe even longer) has been much more competitive and if it wasn't for those last two games, you could probably say it was the best rivalry in the state.

I'm not going back and forth with Mav fans, while we compare beat downs that we received from a team. Only Nac fans do stuff like that lol. However, our rivalry with them the last 15-20 years(maybe even longer) has been much more competitive and if it wasn't for those last two games, you could probably say it was the best rivalry in the state.

I still think it's one of the better ones in the state. There definitely hasn't been any passion or dislike fade thus far in those two games. It'll only increase with a postseason game for sure.

I wouldn't entertain them. That Longview-Marshall score last season had little to do with what Marshall was doing and had a lot to do with what Longview wasn't doing.

Never have I ever seen a program so proud of a loss in my life. You should've seen them 007....folks really thought Marshall was in for a turnaround. Not.

I still think it's one of the better ones in the state. There definitely hasn't been any passion or dislike fade thus far in those two games. It'll only increase with a postseason game for sure.

Agree.

I wouldn't entertain them. That Longview-Marshall score last season had little to do with what Marshall was doing and had a lot to do with what Longview wasn't doing.

Never have I ever seen a program so proud of a loss in my life. You should've seen them 007....folks really thought Marshall was in for a turnaround. Not.

:lol:

I know lview will put up plenty of points, but how does this years defense compare to last seasons senior led group? Lobos just reload, but its hard to imagine being as good losing all those key starters on d. Henderson howard cody etc. Will they start the season giving up more points until they gel? Or will the lobo d be a force right out of the gate?

So is Longview rolling into Lufkin ranked #1 Aug.29? I remember last time Lobos rolled into LP ranked #1...

Aledo should be ranked No. 1 IMO.

2 or 3 would be my guess though.

I know lview will put up plenty of points, but how does this years defense compare to last seasons senior led group? Lobos just reload, but its hard to imagine being as good losing all those key starters on d. Henderson howard cody etc. Will they start the season giving up more points until they gel? Or will the lobo d be a force right out of the gate?

my guess is more of the same...stout against the run...suspect against the pass

So is Longview rolling into Lufkin ranked #1 Aug.29? I remember last time Lobos rolled into LP ranked #1...

1) Aledo

2) A&M Consol

3) Longview

That's as accurate of a top three you're going to get. MAYBE the voters slide in Temple in the top three and kick out LV or Consol...but that's about it.

Just no reason for Pack fans to get into this 3 months in advance. IMO from the way this post has been dominated by Lobo faithful your ready for the season to begin. It is hard for Lufkin fans to know which direction the program is going based on the past two years. You Longview guys think you have the best team coming up in many year. So I don't know what expectations Lufkin should have after a 5-6 season. I don't know, but it is a situation where Lufkin has everything to gain this season, if they are improved and maybe Longview to lose because they have so much talent coming through. So many factors determine a season. A rash of injuries compromised Lufkin's season last year. Just never know until you start playing in 3 months. Our fans are only concerned if Lufkin can re establish a winning program after Outlaw and with a new school board that is not as athletic friendly now. Longview with King still had their strong template in place to continue their winning system. Lufkin fans are waiting to see.

We're jus passing time til the season starts PackAttack. Being a larger school on here we don't get much "talk" as the smaller schools unless FONZ(love ya boy)goes in on some of the small schools or we getting our butts handed to us during any part of the season...lol

Frankly, I don't know how to even talk about a game 3 months away especially when we Lufkin fans are not sure we are talking apple to apples with the Longview program anymore. Not saying those question won't be answered this year. It is just starting to sink in with our fans how much we lost when John Outlaw passed from this earth. No knock on Todd Quick, he had some big shoes to fill. Todd is a good man and football coach for Lufkin. There has been talk within the fan base that Coach Quick applied for the Huntsville AD/HC job back in January. HISD hired Rodney Southern. Can't confirm if this was ever true or not, but somebody knew something. This new school board/Superintendent working with Athletic department I think has become a little bit of an issue. It will be good to see the season get started so we can all watch some good high school football and evaluated how we think our teams will stack up for the season. Longview - Lufkin is a great rivalry and both school look forward to playing each other every year. Hopefully the Panthers can make things more competitive than they have the previous three years. Those Lobo smack downs get old after awhile, but I am sure the Lobos love it. :)

I don't know coach Quick...... but Huntsville got a good one with Southern.

What he did in Marshall in a HURRY was nothing short of mesmerizing. From a long playoff drought to a back to back state championship games.

Then he went to Belton and got them turned around too. Too bad Belton was a little bitty fish in a big 5A pond. He still did a lot of winning there that they had never seen before.

I think he will do big things for Huntsville.

----------

About Lufkin..... I hope your fanbase doesn't experience the feeling of being shoved off a cliff like Marshall did.

Went from a long playoff stretch that included 2 state title games, 2 region finals, and a couple of other good runs from 2004-2009...... then WHAMO.... 6-25.

Not fun.

Looks of crawling out of it last season...... this season will be the real test.

I wouldn't wish it on any (ok...most) programs.

Good luck in 2014 LP!

I don't know coach Quick...... but Huntsville got a good one with Southern.

What he did in Marshall in a HURRY was nothing short of mesmerizing. From a long playoff drought to a back to back state championship games.

Then he went to Belton and got them turned around too. Too bad Belton was a little bitty fish in a big 5A pond. He still did a lot of winning there that they had never seen before.

I think he will do big things for Huntsville.

----------

About Lufkin..... I hope your fanbase doesn't experience the feeling of being shoved off a cliff like Marshall did.

Went from a long playoff stretch that included 2 state title games, 2 region finals, and a couple of other good runs from 2004-2009...... then WHAMO.... 6-25.

Not fun.

Looks of crawling out of it last season...... this season will be the real test.

I wouldn't wish it on any (ok...most) programs.

Good luck in 2014 LP!

Thanks Mav, good luck to the Mavericks this year!

Then he went to Belton and got them turned around too. Too bad Belton was a little bitty fish in a big 5A pond.

I still have Texas Fight ringing in my ears from the game we played against them. I've never heard a fight song played so many times in my life.