Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Actually that was your boy. Saying a team is scared that has won more than your program is just stupid.

Where did I say afraid? Oh that's right. I didn't. You did.

Internet, that's pretty bad, even for you. Not only did you make something up, but you accused someone else of saying it.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicking and screaming = afraid? lol no.

They did complain after playing us in 09...and their coach full on came out and said he wasn't going to play us again....

But still agreed to play in 2010 and 2011. LOL

That 2010 non-district was nice. Don't forget Abilene was fresh off winning a title in 2009. Lufkin was Lufkin at that time. Arguably the toughest non-district put together by King.

I don't think people from Marshall really understand. The reason so many Lobo fans and folks around the state believe the Longview-Lufkin rivalry is the best rivalry for either school is not only because of the competitive level..but because the two schools share so much in common or near the same.

- Both fan bases use the "L" as hand gestures.

- Both fan bases when at full potential are about the same in terms of numbers.

- Both enrollments are about the same

- John King vs John Outlaw. I know Outlaw isn't here anymore but the battle of the "John's" was always appreciated.

- Even the bands are the same in terms of style (military marching) and numbers.

List goes on. There's no telling which direction Lufkin is headed..could be up or down..but regardless I always plan on naming Lufkin as Longview's #1 rival. And they'll tell you the same.

Honestly think Hallsville is Marshall's #1 rival.

I agree right now and ive always noticed how similar the two are. But i just think its more heated at times. Most longtime lobo fans would rather lose to lufkin than to marshall. Dont get me wrong hallsville vs marshall is a big rivalry too. I hate me some bobcats but i hate me some lobos too. I do cheer for lview against other teams however. Cant say the same about bobkittys.

I agree right now and ive always noticed how similar the two are. But i just think its more heated at times. Most longtime lobo fans would rather lose to lufkin than to marshall. Dont get me wrong hallsville vs marshall is a big rivalry too. I hate me some bobcats but i hate me some lobos too. I do cheer for lview against other teams however. Cant say the same about bobkittys.

I have absolutely no hate for Marshall and I wouldn't cheer for a team when we aren't playing them like I do the Mavs if I considered them a rival.

The Marshall/Longview rivalry at the moment is based on longevity. The only reason, ATM, that Longview fans wouldn't want to lose to Marshall over Lufkin is because of the current state of Marshall. It would be, without a doubt, be Longview's worst loss under coach King. Heck, even in wins sometimes it's criticized. That said, even though I can only remember two losses to Marshall in my lifetime, a loss to the Mavs wouldn't come close to feeling like what a loss to Lp does.

The Lufkin rivalry isn't as long as the Marshall one but the 7 playoff meetings make up for that IMO. And the Lp rivalry has been #1 on Longview's list ever since 2002...again IMO.

I have absolutely no hate for Marshall and I wouldn't cheer for a team when we aren't playing them like I do the Mavs if I considered them a rival.

The Marshall/Longview rivalry at the moment is based on longevity. The only reason, ATM, that Longview fans wouldn't want to lose to Marshall over Lufkin is because of the current state of Marshall. It would be, without a doubt, be Longview's worst loss under coach King. Heck, even in wins sometimes it's criticized. That said, even though I can only remember two losses to Marshall in my lifetime, a loss to the Mavs wouldn't come close to feeling like what a loss to Lp does.

The Lufkin rivalry isn't as long as the Marshall one but the 7 playoff meetings make up for that IMO. And the Lp rivalry has been #1 on Longview's list ever since 2002...again IMO.

Longview is winning the overall series with Lufkin by one game..ONE. Historically speaking, the Marshall-Longview series is nothing like the Lufkin-Longview series. Records show it.

Longview is winning the overall series with Lufkin by one game..ONE. Historically speaking, the Marshall-Longview series is nothing like the Lufkin-Longview series. Records show it.

Longview and Lufkin are tied...

OP has all ya need to know ;)

Kicking and screaming is implied. I wish there were some Allen, trinity, katy fans cause they would get a good laugh. I have a feeling you don't talk as much trash on 5a website.

Kicking and screaming implies only that they REALLY didn't want to play us. And they tried everything they could to not play us again. When they didn't have anyone take their last spot, they came to us again.

Nowhere in there is anything about being "afraid". You assumed that based on your own little visions which we already know are very, very special.

How much more do you want to assume?

Lol I bet the coaches all were lining up to tell you that. They probably didn't want to play in east texas again cause there no reason. They could play a worthy team in the DFW area and get the same result. It's the same reason why Ennis , Rockwall ect do not want too be in a east texas district. Let's not let facts get in the way.

...facts get in the way? Of what? I never said Allen was scared to play us. I said they don't want to play us. That is a fact. Their coach said it.

You have all sorts of opinions about why they don't want to play and call them facts. Do you know what a fact is, Internet?!

Because you're saying that I implied something... That's not a fact. That is your interpretation of me recounting events that are fact.

Which records?

Where's this tally that has Longview ahead??

During our 2006 meeting on TV, the commentators showed the histories of the programs against one another and one tally had LP ahead by like 3 and the other had us ahead by like 10.

I've always accepted the one that had them ahead by 3 (which would mean we are even now). Just saying one exists. Dunno where they got their information.

Plus, we know that there are hella games against Marshall that are off the record. Who's to say there aren't any against Lufkin?

Plus, we know that there are hella games against Marshall that are off the record. Who's to say there aren't any against Lufkin?

Because Lufkin never traveled this far north until the '30s. :lol:

Yea, I have no idea where the commentators got their stuff, but there's absolutely no way we are ahead by 10. Even then, saying Lufkin was ahead by three at the time (I'm assuming during the game) was wrong. Lp didn't retake the series lead until they beat us in the 2004 game at 31-30-4, and we didn't play in 05 meaning they were only one ahead in 06 and 2 after the loss.

Does it matter you implied they were scared of the mighty lobos. I promised you wouldn't spout that stuff between big boys programs. It's cool through let's talk about this rivalry not imaginary ones.

I didn't imply anything. You assumed. Didn't anyone ever teach you about assuming?! Good lord. Is the Henderson education system THAT lacking?! It produces mighty successful people like you, so I'm guessing it is.

They don't.

They do, not literally in the animal world but they do in the Lufkin world. One Pack Together! Have had that slogan for 70 plus years. It works well for us and that is all that matters. Don't much care what others outside think about it.

They do, not literally in the animal world but they do in the Lufkin world. One Pack Together! Have had that slogan for 70 plus years. It works well for us and that is all that matters. Don't much care what others outside think about it.

Obvious which one I was referring to.

I don't think much of anyone cares what Lp uses as a slogan. Just was answering the question.