Dave Campbell's take on 15-5A

Mavchamp

Ever heard of Bivins Caraway III?

Fact: every since QB coach Chris Vallery arrived at Longview in 2010, every single Longview QB has earned an offer (Dez has a Central Arkansas offer). We all knew Pete Robertson wasn't going to play QB in college before the season started (he's starting LB at Tech right now)..but he still was an effective HS QB. The rest has been history and broken records (literally) with Bivins and Dez. Not only that..we're putting WRs and TEs at the FBS level at an all time high. That's not even counting the one's we've put in JUCO/FCS/DII etc.

Anyone who thinks Longview is strictly run oriented hasn't been paying attention.

Lol...what make the Lobo's tick, righ now, is Jamycal Hasty, and he a runningback! ya'll crack me up, my granny can throw screens!

Central Ark! lol..

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...what make the Lobo's tick, righ now, is Jamycal Hasty, and he a runningback! ya'll crack me up, my granny can throw screens!

Central Ark! lol..

Hasty is a national recruit..we all know what he'll do. But if you don't think Chumley will be explosive this year you obviously didn't see the spring game let alone his performance last season.

So because Lobo QB ain't highly recruited=A LOSS...Interesting...I never looked at it that way. All time I thought it was the other team...

Some of these guys want Aaron Rodgers back there tossing for 300 yards a game and 6 TDs instead of the great run game. Running is boring... but it wins. And when it works, it makes the passing game look a lot better. Matt Stafford may never come through Longview, but you don't need him to. You just need someone with vision and can throw at least 30-35 yards to continue the winning tradition or as earlier put "struggling deep in the playoffs."

Some of these guys want Aaron Rodgers back there tossing for 300 yards a game and 6 TDs instead of the great run game. Running is boring... but it wins. And when it works, it makes the passing game look a lot better. Matt Stafford may never come through Longview, but you don't need him to. You just need someone with vision and can throw at least 30-35 yards to continue the winning tradition or as earlier put "struggling deep in the playoffs."

the way I see it...Lobos last loss was turnovers and lack of secondary play which I have been screaming for years now. I don't know the exact stat line but I'm pretty sure Lobos had 200+ passing and 200+ rushing in their last loss. That usually wins you a few games.

the way I see it...Lobos last loss was turnovers and lack of secondary play which I have been screaming for years now. I don't know the exact stat line but I'm pretty sure Lobos had 200+ passing and 200+ rushing in their last loss. That usually wins you a few games.

You just hit the nail on the head.

Our secondary does produce turnovers..but way too much yards are given up against good passing teams. Safeties normally play dang good.. its the corners I worry about yearly.

You just hit the nail on the head.

Our secondary does produce turnovers..but way too much yards are given up against good passing teams. Safeties normally play dang good.. its the corners I worry about yearly.

Remind me since I am nowhere near East Texas, but I remember a lot of complaints about special teams towards the end of the year too.

202 rushing, 214 passing. 30 extra yards in penalties, and the two stupidest turnovers you will ever see cost us the A&M game (even despite how poorly our secondary was).

Our only other loss in 2013? 90 yards rushing, 228 yards passing. (Nearly 50 extra yards in penalties)

Chumley already has the most 200 yard passing games by a single quarterback in school history. To say we don't have a passer back there, is just insane right now. Whether he's the best quarterback in school history or not truthfully, it doesn't matter. He will for sure hold every single quarterback record in Longview history by the end of this season no matter what people think.

202 rushing, 214 passing. 30 extra yards in penalties, and the two stupidest turnovers you will ever see cost us the A&M game (even despite how poorly our secondary was).

Our only other loss in 2013? 90 yards rushing, 228 yards passing. (Nearly 50 extra yards in penalties)

Chumley already has the most 200 yard passing games by a single quarterback in school history. To say we don't have a passer back there, is just insane right now. Whether he's the best quarterback in school history or not truthfully, it doesn't matter. He will for sure hold every single quarterback record in Longview history by the end of this season no matter what people think.

them two turnovers really chaps your hide I see '07 lol. The pick 6...I don't wanna say point shaving but...c'mon man! The wildcat disaster...was just a rushed play. It looked doomed from the start. Now if u wanna get me out of my mind...mention the damn blocked punt! And I'm ready to fire everybody!Lol

them two turnovers really chaps your hide I see '07 lol. The pick 6...I don't wanna say point shaving but...c'mon man! The wildcat disaster...was just a rushed play. It looked doomed from the start. Now if u wanna get me out of my mind...mention the damn blocked punt! And I'm ready to fire everybody!Lol

It.

Didn't.

Happen.

Its really time for a change at T-High I no some of you don't want to hear it but Texas High could go Pound to pound with Longview from 2001-2007 until a certain coordinator left and really haven't been the same on Offense since say what you want, but you can't say that they haven't had the talent.

ain't been to Texarkana in 10 years but I hear it's bigger than Longview now. Is dat true?

What are the chances that Chumley moves to receiver?

Full time? Very slim as our offense clicks better with Chumley at QB by far. But there will be packages where Castleberry is at QB and Chumley lines up out wide as Lobo fans saw in the spring game and spring practices.

Will add that Castleberry has been getting the most reps this summer during 7 on 7 with Chumley running routes.