Dave Campbell's take on 15-5A

Mavchamp

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note......

The new turf at Maverick Stadium is almost done and it looks AWESOME!!! The new logo on the 50 and the endzones really pop. First class installation this time around.

Should be completed this week (Wednesday so they say). I'll post pics ASAP. But this turf is 1000X better than what we had....even when it was new.

Now..... let's see if we can get that bond passed in November and things will have officially turned the corner.

On a side note......

The new turf at Maverick Stadium is almost done and it looks AWESOME!!! The new logo on the 50 and the endzones really pop. First class installation this time around.

Should be completed this week (Wednesday so they say). I'll post pics ASAP. But this turf is 1000X better than what we had....even when it was new.

Now..... let's see if we can get that bond passed in November and things will have officially turned the corner.

Pictures please.

On a side note......

Has the bond been officially posted? If so, what is the make up....I have not seen any news of this and I work in marshall

On a side note......

no added seats bleachers chairs or sumthg? I'm like a Heat fan...I get there late

no added seats bleachers chairs or sumthg? I'm like a Heat fan...I get there late

The turf was separate from the bond that was rejected a short time ago. That is why this was done and none of the other renovations yet.

LMAO. Miami still has a team?

I doubt it. Maverick Stadium only sells out when Longview and Hallsville (if they are winning) come to town. Kilgore is the only other team that has even come close in the last 10+ years. Before that, occasionally JT would sell it out.

For what it's worth.... Marshall offers more visitor seating than Longview does now. I think visitor seating starts at the 35 YL at Lobo stadium now and goes to the endzone. 4 sections I believe. The other 5 belong to LHS.

Has the bond been officially posted? If so, what is the make up....I have not seen any news of this and I work in marshall

It will likely be posted in late August/Early September.

Considering the enormity of the first proposal ($150 million), I guess it's a shock that it failed by only 3.5% (less than 300 votes). UGHHHH. Why is it so hard to pass bonds in East Texas?

MISD has already stated they will try again in November, and it has to be posted 2 months prior. I truly have no idea how much of it will change. Considering how close it was..... it makes you wonder if they will just shave off some of the unpopular facets of the bond. But some are saying wholesale changes are needed to guarantee it's passage. SO who knows.

There was a proposed $5.5 million renovation to Maverick Stadium that was VERY unpopular by some.

A $2.5 Million Ag Center/Farm was also criticized as being too extravagant.

And the $30 Million expansion/renovation of MHS rubbed some the wrong way. It included a new Auditorium, cafeteria, and Library. People complained that the current auditorium at MHS is fine.

I think we will see elimination of scaled back versions of those three points.

As far as the proposals for the new schools K-8 (5 new schools total)..... I don't see that part of the bond changing much, if any, at all.

IMHO...... if Maverick Stadium gets a $5.5 million upgrade, it will have to be paid for out of the general fund of MISD. I don't think the voters will support that kind of money being spent on a sports facility. Not right now at least. Ask Gilmer, White Oak, Liberty Eylau, Nacogdoches, et al ..... all had athletic improvements denied.

I'm crossing my fingers that when the Mavs come rolling into Lobo Stadium they are either 4-1 or 5-0.

Parkway is a longshot. They were 14-1 last season I believe.... lost in the state championship. And made us look silly last year.

But here's to hoping.

Nawl Lobos need more seating too! Next Lobo/mavs game count the number of green shirts u see on visitor side.

Making the entire home side season ticket holder only had its pros..but it definitely had more cons IMO.

Anyway..I've been saying the past two-three years that it'd be nice to double deck the away side. That's honestly wishful thinking though because overcrowd is often redirected to the hill..which isn't a bad place to watch the game at all.

Don't forget..Lobo still has another 3 million pending in upgrades coming that was approved early last year. That title-x nonsense has it on hold though (which I believe has or will be cleared here soon)

I'm crossing my fingers that when the Mavs come rolling into Lobo Stadium they are either 4-1 or 5-0.

Parkway is a longshot. They were 14-1 last season I believe.... lost in the state championship. And made us look silly last year.

But here's to hoping.

How did Marshall look during the spring? (Sorry if you've posted it already, I missed it)

I will see them in action at the Border Battle, right?

For what it's worth.... Marshall offers more visitor seating than Longview does now. I think visitor seating starts at the 35 YL at Lobo stadium now and goes to the endzone. 4 sections I believe. The other 5 belong to LHS.

Hey, at least we have a huge hill you can sit on if y'all ever overflowed it instead of getting denied access which definitely has happened on the Longview side at Mav.

IMHO...... If you wait till Thursday or Friday to try and get a ticket to a big rivalry game.... That's on you. Hate it for you. Lol.

The same happens in stadiums across TX.

Shame on you as a fan if u expect to buy a ticket at the gate at 7:25 of a rivalry game. Hope you have a good radio!

Jmho!

I've attended sellout games involving Marshall in hallsville, longview, Lufkin, Henderson, Pine Tree, Kilgore.....

Never once did I not have a seat. Why? Because I knew better than to wait til I was IN Henderson to try and get a seat. Lmao. If someone is that dumb, they need to stay home and listen on the couch. Same with several of the smaller stadiums.

I know Lobo fans are use to practically unlimited seating from half filled stadiums at Handby and Mesquite Memorial. I'd suggest buying your out of town games either preseason advance or on the Monday of game week.

Otherwise I wouldn't leave town. A trip to best buy for a good computer or radio might be your only seat!

I got a lot of new info posted on the site last night. Worked on it longer than I care to admit to.....LOL.

Added some articles from the MNM this past weekend about the offensive and defensive lines....... it's summer fluff..... but it's not a bad read when the Rangers are 100 games out. Good to see the guys have been working their tails off over the summer.

Added some historical stuff too.

Still lots to add and lots of pics to get done. But it's coming together nicely. Should be done just in time for the season.

http://www.marshallmavericks.net/

I thought ya'll preferred wrinkles in your turf.......

Gotta do something to slow ourselves down to give the other team a chance. Hasn't helped much for Marshall though the last couple of visits to Lobo. ;) :P

Gotta do something to slow ourselves down to give the other team a chance. Hasn't helped much for Marshall though the last couple of visits to Lobo. ;) :P

Yea Mav! All dat he jus said! Lol