Tony Romo King of 4th quarter TD'S!

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/6/23/5832752/dallas-cowboys-news-notes-tony-romo-is-the-king-of-the-4th-quarter-td

The good news according to SB/Nation and Pro Football Reference is that between 2007 - 2013 Tony Romo has thrown more td's and has a higher % of passing completions than any other QB. His TD/INT ration is third in the NFL during that time. So I guess this kind of blows it out of the water that he does not perform well late in games. He also has the highest yard per attempt during that period. He also ended up with the the second most yards during that period. He is the only player to lead in three categories.

Looks like he must be pretty in 4th quarter, huh.... Must be one of the reasons why he gets paid the big bucks.

On further note our (to me) our defense should be better this year. No blockbuster players but seems to be some good quality new players. And with the others that were here last year and are healed up then they should be much better. Just with all the injuries on "D" last year at same positions it made it impossible to put quality players on the field.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His team doesn't win late in the game. You can keep the stats. The great ones are remember ed for their wins jerry.

Exactly. I don't recall any late game playoff heroics. More of a late game turnover or bonehead play king when the season is all on the line. Kings have rings ... Tony Turnover has none ....

His team doesn't win late in the game. You can keep the stats. The great ones are remember ed for their wins jerry.

He does and has several times. He also has had Dallas in the lead with late game plays and then our defense give up late scores for Dallas to lose. You can't win this argument. He has also thrown an int. in some of those games very late and not make the comeback again. You can't ask any QB to continuously comeback late over and over if your defense can't stop the late scores. Bad things eventually will happen.

You still do not understand the concept of team play. It takes all facets to win or lose. I never expect the wins to always be on Tony and it is not realistic either. Same thing with the losses. He is the QB and the ball is in his hands more than any other player. He does enough to win, but he does need help. No different than any other QB in the NFL. Next.

Exactly. I don't recall any late game playoff heroics. More of a late game turnover or bonehead play king when the season is all on the line. Kings have rings ... Tony Turnover has none ....

I remember a few, but all it takes to not make the playoffs is to continue to finish 6-10 or 8-8 as we have over the last 4 years. Stats mean nothing to me, only the win column and Lombardi trophies in the trophy case. I don't care how we get to being 12-4 or better and winning the Super Bowl, just get there. That's something that Romo has shown no success in doing. We're spending too much on Romo, when that money could be put to better use in building this team.

I remember a few, but all it takes to not make the playoffs is to continue to finish 6-10 or 8-8 as we have over the last 4 years. Stats mean nothing to me, only the win column and Lombardi trophies in the trophy case. I don't care how we get to being 12-4 or better and winning the Super Bowl, just get there. That's something that Romo has shown no success in doing. We're spending too much on Romo, when that money could be put to better use in building this team.

Every team has a player or three they pay too much for. It's the nature of the beast in today's NFL. The successful teams have a shrewd evaluator of talent and a tough contract negotiator.

Every team has a player or three they pay too much for. It's the nature of the beast in today's NFL. The successful teams have a shrewd evaluator of talent and a tough contract negotiator.

San Fran is going to be regretting that huge contract to Kaepernick in the next couple of years. I can see a 2-3 year huge contract if you're on the verge of winning a Super Bowl, but not 5-7 years. It's going to bite some teams in the rear, especially if the player is injured or doesn't pan out.

San Fran is going to be regretting that huge contract to Kaepernick in the next couple of years. I can see a 2-3 year huge contract if you're on the verge of winning a Super Bowl, but not 5-7 years. It's going to bite some teams in the rear, especially if the player is injured or doesn't pan out.

The one nice thing about the Kapernick deal is it mostly a pay as you play deal. They actually built a decent contract, not a back end loaded contract like the Boys seem to want to give out. Don't get me wrong, I bleed blue and silver, but the Kapernick deal, with a couple of less years, should be a model for other teams to follow, including the Death Starettes

Give it up Kirt, this is an argument that you can't win. Pick a playoff game, any playoff game and I can prove it isn't Romo's fault for the loss. Dave tried this once, and only once. I have no problem proving you wrong as well.

So let me see if I've got this straight. Tony Romo throws *two* perfectly thrown footballs to Patrick Crayton that could have resulted in *two* TD passes in that 2007 playoff game against the Giants and yet, because Crayton dropped them both, the loss is on Romo? Is THAT what you're saying?

So let me see if I've got this straight. Tony Romo throws *two* perfectly thrown footballs to Patrick Crayton that could have resulted in *two* TD passes in that 2007 playoff game against the Giants and yet, because Crayton dropped them both, the loss is on Romo? Is THAT what you're saying?

You have to remember that Romo is the favorite whipping boy of all Cowboys fans. Well, him and Jerry, and Jerry deserves it. Until Romo wins a championship, no one is going to get off of his back. He is a good player, sometimes great, be he does make non intelligent mistakes like the rest of us. Now, granted, they haven't fielded much of a team around him for the past few years

You have to remember that Romo is the favorite whipping boy of all Cowboys fans. Well, him and Jerry, and Jerry deserves it. Until Romo wins a championship, no one is going to get off of his back. He is a good player, sometimes great, be he does make non intelligent mistakes like the rest of us. Now, granted, they haven't fielded much of a team around him for the past few years[/quote

True we all make mistakes. We can watch Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or ANY other so called Elite WBC and they y'all do the same type of mistakes Tony Romo does. This is one reason why all the bashing that goes against him I just laugh at. The average person with a brain and no football knowledge can see the problems are not him.

Give it up Kirt, this is an argument that you can't win. Pick a playoff game, any playoff game and I can prove it isn't Romo's fault for the loss. Dave tried this once, and only once. I have no problem proving you wrong as well.

You'll have to overlook a couple of the geniuses on here. They are new to real football and do not understand team concept. This is one of the reason's it is always Romo's fault. When the Cowboys score 48, 36 and 30 points in games it is always Tony's fault when they lose. These people must just play football on video games because some of their comments seem like it.

You might as well move on unless you just want to keep laughing at some of their remarks.

You missed the point even with a good defense he managed to lose. He is a good qb just not elite.

What point did I miss? Romo had a good defense in 2007 and made the playoffs. Dallas had the Giants on the ropes and ready to deliver the knockout blow, but leave it to Crayton to drop TWO td passes and Dallas ends up losing. But yet, YOU want to pin the loss on Romo. Interesting.

LOL, THAT was the best you could come up with. How convenient of you to totally disregard the bonehead play by Terry Glenn that cost Dallas 9 points. Had it not been for Terry Glenn, you take those 9 points away and there isn't a botched field goal. Now then, what else you got because you just went down 0-1.

Now pretty sure everyone is laughing at you. You still have to provide someone on here that agrees with you. Please do not create another screen name or slip a 20 to another poster to prove your point.

That's where you're wrong. When Dallas scores 48 points in a game and still loses, you put THAT loss on the defense. To that, I do agree with Space.

Now your not paying attention. Last year the defense and injury was too blame. He is good but not elite it's not that hard too understand. I expect a losing season next year and I interested in the excuses that will be coming from jerry and spacegolfer.

I would blame the team as a whole and the person who put that team together first. Not just the guy throwing the ball playing 1 position out of 22 that regularly take part in 16 regular season games....

When the Cowboys have only played in 4 playoff games since he's been the starter for 7 1/2 years, you don't have much to work with. Except that he's 1-3 in those games. He sure didn't do enough to keep the Cowboys in contention. Then again he also has a horrible record vs. teams with an above .500 record. If you want to be elite, you at least have to compete with the elite competition. You and spacegolfer are going to defend this guy until he's out of the league without a Super Bowl ring or a birth in the NFC Championship game. Mark my words, because if he does I'll eat crow, but I don't see it happening.

So ... you want to limit it to "playoff games". Nice try, like Dave said they have only been to 4 playoff games and lost three of those since he has been a starter. Romo hasn't exactly set the world on fire in any of them. How many games that would have put them into the playoffs has he had turnovers and bonehead plays in? Quite a few of those types of game killing plays.

Romo is very good....certainly not elite. Saying he is the reason that Dallas hasn't done well is about as silly as Space's argument about how much better the Cowboys defense will be (considering we lost Hatcher, Ware, Lee, Sensabaugh, and others). Keep dreaming Spacer

It's been well documented that Tony Romo does not have bad plays that are out of ratio to any other top qb in big games. The problem is he has to make several comebacks in the same games late. Eventually you will mess up. To lighten the load and have less chances then your defense needs to be able to stop people from scoring. This has been a problems for several years. A top qb can only go to the well so often before a bad play comes up for him.

Besides, you have guys like Peyton Manning that can light up the field in the regular season and flounder miserably in the playoffs. His usual is one playoff game and done. In fact he even won a playoff game with a 39. rating. I would venture to say that Indy won the game despite him. Does not really matter because my point is made. Peyton cannot win when it is a big game. We have many samples to prove this.

You could always go back to some of the big games Tony Romo and Dallas won in the regular season. Yep there those also but I am guessing it would take the fun out of trying to prove he is not worthy. LOL!

Romo is very good....certainly not elite. Saying he is the reason that Dallas hasn't done well is about as silly as Space's argument about how much better the Cowboys defense will be (considering we lost Hatcher, Ware, Lee, Sensabaugh, and others). Keep dreaming Spacer

If you go back you see that my statements were not as cut and dry as you insinuate. I have spoke about how without the injuries and players in the system (which is always changing) should be better just because they have another year and are not injured. I fail to see how people cannot understand that a team could not be better when your back ups to the back ups were playing the year before. If people are healthy it stands to reason that starters would be better than the backups. Plus the backups got valuable playing time last year that will undoubtedly help them this year.

Now as far as Ware goes. He has been a shell of himself the last couple seasons and was just an average player because of it. In fact, he was hindering our defense while on the field sometimes. Hatcher was solid for several years to me and he did play better this last year. Or so it seemed because he had so many back ups playing around him. This could make him look better also. Sensabaugh I thought we should have kept also. This goes back to our defensive line not playing well that effected his play also.

Now with some of the new players this year that may make the team there is a strong possibility that they are indeed better players than some of the one's we already have.

As far as Sean Lee goes I have never said losing him would not hurt Dallas. Now it just takes more than ever for the other players to play together and step up more. Show me anything that is silly about any of this.